True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
una
Secret Spy for the Warden
Location: Sequestered in an alternate reality full of paranormal studs who find me irresitable!

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by una »

I enjoyed the first episode, it did a nice job laying down the foundation of the series. There were a few minor changes, but I think they captured the essence which is the most important thing. I am looking forward to the next episode and hopefully more Bill and Sookie interaction!
I am the Impulsive VampVixen.
Thanks to SprtyGal and Fry for the AWESOME banner!
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

My friend is a HUGE reader of the books and she has been trying to get me to read them for the longest time and I was like , no. After watching the first episode of True Blood, I was like, "LET ME READ YOUR BOOKS!"

I've read CH's other series "Grave.." So I am fairly certain that I will like the Sookie Stackhouse books as well.
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

i just got the first book and it was very very good. definately more adult than twilight though.
i havent watched the show yet and i dont know if i will cause HBO tends to sex everything up. and yea in the book the sex is there but it's not slammed in your face every second. watching a show full of boobs isnt exactly what i call a good time. lol.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

so i was watching the show.. and i want to go get the books.. are they any good? im really hoping so because i've been reading twilight saga.. over and over.. and i need to read something else..
a question because the show.. well it seemed very twilightish.. not at all really alike.. just similar.. are the books that way.. are the books as funny as the show was.. haha i thought the fangs were GREAT... i hear its real sexual too.. not that i mind.. but im curious.. before i go invest my money and time into books.. =)

thanks
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Dazzled <3
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled <3 »

does anyone know what the first book of charline's series is called? i went to the bookstore the other day and the lady who worked there was very uninformative haha
..:: Lauren ::..

Why am I covered in feathers?
I bit a pillow. Or two.
Lynzeee
Decorating with Esme

Post by Lynzeee »

Dazzled <3 wrote:does anyone know what the first book of charline's series is called? i went to the bookstore the other day and the lady who worked there was very uninformative haha
looks like its called Dead until dark
Keeper of The Randomness
"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"-Acheron Parthenopaeus
Dazzled <3
Wandering Through Town

Post by Dazzled <3 »

Lynzeee wrote:
Dazzled <3 wrote:does anyone know what the first book of charline's series is called? i went to the bookstore the other day and the lady who worked there was very uninformative haha
looks like its called Dead until dark
awesome! thanks ill have to go buy that
..:: Lauren ::..

Why am I covered in feathers?
I bit a pillow. Or two.
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

Lynzeee wrote:so i was watching the show.. and i want to go get the books.. are they any good? im really hoping so because i've been reading twilight saga.. over and over.. and i need to read something else..
a question because the show.. well it seemed very twilightish.. not at all really alike.. just similar.. are the books that way.. are the books as funny as the show was.. haha i thought the fangs were GREAT... i hear its real sexual too.. not that i mind.. but im curious.. before i go invest my money and time into books.. =)

thanks
erm. i liked the books. i havent seen the show yet. they are like twilight in the fact that she's surrounded but all these supernatural people. Sookie definately isnt a bella but she's a good heroine all the same. the humor is the books is really good, but dark humor. lol. it IS sexual, but not overtly sexual. lol i guess i was a little shocked cause i'm so used to twilight and i was like "o this is different". it has a good blend of the sex, humor, mystery, horror, and romance though so i'd definately reccomend it to ya!
NYCBella
Settled in Forks

Post by NYCBella »

Kay so here's the deal. my parents made me change the channel at first (when they gave the first run) and then let me watch it but made me change during the inappropriate parts (WHY does it have to be TV-MA, I mean really.)

So can someone tell me exactly HOW Sookie's brother killed that girl. I have a pretty good idea but I just want to know.

Please and thank you.
Wolf Boy
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Wolf Boy »

NYC bella, I will PM you, The first season is based around this murder and who did it, It would spoil it for everyone if someone posts on here who did it. ;)

Also to add to this thread, What i love about this series is that , every new book has its own mystery to solve and then at the end of the book its solved, even though the realtionships are complex and we keep having to wait for more books, atleast everybook leaves you feeling satisfied becuase there is a resolution, So its very satisfying to read.
I will Always be waiting in the wings