True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Re: True Blood-- Based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries Series

Post by G-Faerie08 »

eden1437 wrote:My friend recommended this show to me when we were on tday break, and I watched it b/c im into vamp stuff now thanks to sm, and the only thing I wish I'd changed is that I watched the ENTIRE season with my gma and there's so much sex....omg. It was the most awkward moment of my entire life. I mean although I'm 21, it felt so wrong. Jason gets it on like every five secs, and in every episode!!!

I want to read the books but I'm a little skeptical that I might not enjoy the show as much if they aren't similar. I don't want to sit there and analyze everything I believe they did wrong, so if someone could give me their honest comparison between the show and the book I'd greatly appreciate it...

I don't want to say too much for those who haven't seen the show, but I'm dying to really discuss it discuss it....Who's everyone's favorite character so far? I love Eric, the "sheriff" because he is soooo sarcastic and I think that's hot. Lol. I also am in love with Rene's accent...omg, can we say HOTT?! Lol.
I think the book goes with the show pretty well..There are a couple of things that are a little off but it doesn't drift off too too much..The only thing is that Tara is not even mentioned in the first book at all (Dead Until Dark is the only one I have read so far) so her storyline on the show is like completely new..and then of course there were a couple other things..There is a major thing that I don't want to mention in case you haven't watched all of the episodes..

I too LOVE Eric!...And there is also too much sex on the show..Yeah as someone mentioned on here that in the book there is sex, it definitely toned way down in the books compared to the show..Compared to the show, the book is like disney when it comes to the sex stuff. Not nearly as risque.
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

G-Faerie08 wrote:
eden1437 wrote:My friend recommended this show to me when we were on tday break, and I watched it b/c im into vamp stuff now thanks to sm, and the only thing I wish I'd changed is that I watched the ENTIRE season with my gma and there's so much sex....omg. It was the most awkward moment of my entire life. I mean although I'm 21, it felt so wrong. Jason gets it on like every five secs, and in every episode!!!

I want to read the books but I'm a little skeptical that I might not enjoy the show as much if they aren't similar. I don't want to sit there and analyze everything I believe they did wrong, so if someone could give me their honest comparison between the show and the book I'd greatly appreciate it...

I don't want to say too much for those who haven't seen the show, but I'm dying to really discuss it discuss it....Who's everyone's favorite character so far? I love Eric, the "sheriff" because he is soooo sarcastic and I think that's hot. Lol. I also am in love with Rene's accent...omg, can we say HOTT?! Lol.
I think the book goes with the show pretty well..There are a couple of things that are a little off but it doesn't drift off too too much..The only thing is that Tara is not even mentioned in the first book at all (Dead Until Dark is the only one I have read so far) so her storyline on the show is like completely new..and then of course there were a couple other things..There is a major thing that I don't want to mention in case you haven't watched all of the episodes..

I too LOVE Eric!...And there is also too much sex on the show..Yeah as someone mentioned on here that in the book there is sex, it definitely toned way down in the books compared to the show..Compared to the show, the book is like disney when it comes to the sex stuff. Not nearly as risque.

Hey, thanks...I might make that the series I read over xmas break....And the sex, omg. When I watched the first episode with my gram she could have warned me, but noooo. Lol. So Tara storyline is new...I wished they would have gone a different direction cause she annoys the heck out of me. And her mother...gosh. I love that Sam was into her, but he wanted to have his cake (Tara) and eat it too(Sookie) which so wasn't gonna happen.

Funniest Moment: SPOILER (for anyone who hasn't seen the show) but when Sookie thinks Bill is dead and she goes to his grave, and when she's walking back to her house he wakes up from under ground, super dirty and naked, and they have sex. I laughed SO HARD. Lol.

Also, I've seen EVERY episode twice (on demand is very addictive) so I'm pretty much addicted to the show like I'm addicted to Twilight.
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

EdwardsPrincess
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EdwardsPrincess »

I haven't read any of the books but a few friends at work got me stuck on the show. I don't have HBO so I was watching the shows on a website. www.ch131.com.

I can't WAIT until the new season starts...which last I heard wouldn't be until Sept 09. :x I'm READY NOW!!!

It was definitely an ENDING that I wasn't expecting. :shock:

I agree with your funniest moment! I was like "Eww." but then I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard!!

All I have to say is MAN Sookie's brother Jason is...is...is...SOMETHING ELSE!!! :lol:
eden1437

Post by eden1437 »

EdwardsPrincess wrote:I haven't read any of the books but a few friends at work got me stuck on the show. I don't have HBO so I was watching the shows on a website. http://www.ch131.com.

I can't WAIT until the new season starts...which last I heard wouldn't be until Sept 09. :x I'm READY NOW!!!

It was definitely an ENDING that I wasn't expecting. :shock:

I agree with your funniest moment! I was like "Eww." but then I almost peed my pants from laughing so hard!!

All I have to say is MAN Sookie's brother Jason is...is...is...SOMETHING ELSE!!! :lol:
Sept 9th?? That is a looooooooong way from now (also my bday, yay! lol). They should at least give us something in May. That would be cool.

I was not expecting that ending at all. I didn't suspect him, I thought it was Sam for a little while. Lol.

Jason...that's a man Vulgar Language Is Ugly. Lol. I thought Amy would have stuck around more, but they proved us wrong. Lol .I wish they would have gone more into her background cause that vamp they kidnapped, Eddie, said that she was crazy, and she'd done it before so I would have liked to know more about that.

And in the new season I want: More of Sam's history, more of yummy Eric...god he's hot, I want Tara to have a new storyline...her and Jason should hook up...and Jason, oh Jason. Maybe he should have less sex, but I think it might get worse. Lmao. How about that time Tara caught him outside the bar and poured garbage on him and he kept doing what he was doing? Lmao

darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

LOOOOOOOOVE IT! =P I'm finishing water for elephant right now but afetr that I'm moving onto Club Dead and then the next one in that series. =P I love Bill Compton..but I kind of get the jerky ibe from him a lot, so I'm sort of liking Sam more than him. =P
Vamps>shapeshifters though...lol in my book anyways... no offense to anybody.

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
eden1437

Post by eden1437 »

He'd be more likable if he (Bill) wasn't so overbearing....And I like Sam, but he's a hypocrite (Hes all pissy that Sookie doesnt date normal people, but then again look @ him. Lol)...I say Sookie dates Eric (hotness)!!

Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

I think Eric is the hottest, I have decided to ask santa for a tall blond viking for christmas!!! I just finished dead until dark and I am moving on to dead in dallas. I love how Eric is so into her, I mean Bill's cute and all but I would be on Eric in a heartbeat!!!
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth
eden1437

Post by eden1437 »

I want to read them now!!! Maybe I'll hint around for xmas...I'm re-watching the season now :)

needwingstofly
Settled in Forks

Post by needwingstofly »

I am a little confused about all these people saying that it wasn't too different from the books. I noticed a huge difference. A lot of the story lines are completely new - like Tara and all that witch in the woods nonsense - my husband thought that was the worst part of the show. Every time they cut to a Tara scene, he was like, oh no, not again. I assured him they weren't in the book. And Jason getting so involved with that girl wasn't in the books either. They place too much importance on the sex scenes. Those were only small tiny parts of the books - a page or two and it's over. In the show, it's like wow, they can show that on tv? I think that is the really reason my husband even bothered to watch the show. The books were good, but I'm not sure about the show.
Brella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Brella »

I don't think the show is going to follow the books much at all. I think it only got the characters from it and some of the basics for the plot but the show will be it's own story lines. I mean you're right there are some huge differences and the differences I think will keep, although I do hope Eric becomes as pivitol in the show as he does in the books!!!
~Brella~
Member EDC, INC: Bulldozer Trainee
Edward prefers brunettes...Emmett likes blonds..but for Ian, the beauty of your soul is all that matters!
Skylar=My twin seperated at birth