Most Effective Horror Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
clariissaa
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Post by clariissaa »

honestly, I know what you did last summer. freaked me out. I was like 6 and I was so scared I had to sleep with my parents for like days :( .
Then I watched it a couple months ago and was like " why was I scared of this stupid movie "
jacob-rox-my--sox
Learning to Love Green

Post by jacob-rox-my--sox »

the ring (american one)
the grudge (again the american one)

hmmm i l think of more
thats all that springs to mind though
darkrider
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by darkrider »

Hostel! OMG! I dind't sleep for days!!!! SOOOO freaking scary!

-Dark
My twinnie and my fav twi guy=meteor
Randomness Reggie! BACK in...dark?
Emmett's Demolition Crew:Trainee
Team Edmartt! <<for the clueless, edward+emmett
BeautifulVeins
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by BeautifulVeins »

The original Exorcist is honestly the scariest thing I've ever seen. Its not just scary, but it makes you feel really uncomfortable...it just freaked me out. Its done so well for such an old movie.
"I was thinking, while I was running..."
"About not hitting the trees I hope."
Christine!
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Christine! »

I don't get scared from movies, and most of them turn out to be reallly stupid once you get past the fact that they aren't scary.

I would reccommend:

Untraceable-It's kind of messed up. And it's not scary like were you scream, but its smart scary. Its about a serial killer who streams live videos of his victims online...and the more people who visit his site, the faster the person gets killed. The people trying to find him can't trace him through his website because it's on some foreign server and it reroutes itself everything it refreshes or something weird like that.

When A Stranger Calls-A little jumpy movie, makes you not want to babysit in a huge house. Its that kind of movie where you want to yell at the girl in the movie because she does the stupidest things.

Touristas-It's actually not that good, I fell asleep. Haa but what makes it creepy is stuff like that really happens. It makes you not want to go to Brazil, thats for sure. A group of friends traveling in Brazil get robbed of all their money and end up in a house in the middle of the forest, when these people come and surgically remove their livers and stuff to sell on the blackmarket.

Silence of the Lambs-Classic one. I'm sure alot of people have seen it.
Going along with the Hannibal Lecter movies,
Hannibal Rising-It's reallly messed up and gory so if you don't like that stuff don't watch it. It's just weird because you see what happened to him as a child, and you kinda feel sorry for him.

Um, there is lots more but I jsut can't think of them right now.
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
VampgirlWolfgirl
Wandering Through Town

Post by VampgirlWolfgirl »

Halloween. *chills*
I love Halloween, the holiday but the movie scares me to death. Just the thing that he never dies, and he always excapes and he's after to kill his family and will kill anyone who gets in his way. Now doesn't that spell out scary?! That freaky white mask and the orange hair. If you want to get scared, watch this movie.
"I am a vampire girl, and yet I am a wolf girl. Don't make me ever choose between the two."
~VampgirlWolfgirl
Bella_Cullen_13
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Bella_Cullen_13 »

There are only 3 horror movie villians that scare me (And I havent even seen one of these movies)

So Ive seen like all 8 of the Halloween Movies (I havent seen the new one yet though) & Im am terrified of Michael Myers. I am deadly afraid of him, I jump from my bed to my door just because of Halloween 5. (You would think you wouldnt be scared after the first movie, but trust me, you are)

then there's IT. I am sooo scared of Pennywise that I cant be too close to drains, balloons, sewers, clowns & im terrified of 2 story libraries. Im also afraid that one day I will look down while washing my hands & it will be runnign red.

Okay, so I was at Six Flags during Fright Fest, & the guy dressed up as Leatherface, from Texas Chainsaw Massacre, would not leave me alone. Everywhere I went, he was there, tormenting me (I got stuck on a ride because he wouldnt let me exit it & I was bawling & 9 years old) Ive seen part of the movie, but too scared to watch the whole thing because I live in Texas. Even though its based off of Ed Gein.
porscheturbo911
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by porscheturbo911 »

Christine! wrote: When A Stranger Calls-A little jumpy movie, makes you not want to babysit in a huge house. Its that kind of movie where you want to yell at the girl in the movie because she does the stupidest things.
That's so true! Especially when she left the main house to go see if anyone was in the guesthouse!
Christine!

Post by Christine! »

^Yeah that's exactly the part I was thinking of when I said that!
Hahah.

Halloween was pretty creepy too...I liked the new one.
He kills like 20 people in that movie. I counted. Haaa.
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
vamp na hEireann
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

Christine! wrote:Silence of the Lambs-Classic one. I'm sure alot of people have seen it.
Going along with the Hannibal Lecter movies,
Hannibal Rising-It's reallly messed up and gory so if you don't like that stuff don't watch it. It's just weird because you see what happened to him as a child, and you kinda feel sorry for him.
I've seen all of the Lecter movies except Hannibal Rising but I read all the books and it was brilliant.He chops your man up with a Katana sword!That was so cool!You really do feel sorry for him though.
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia