Most Effective Horror Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Post by skylarblue »

I love the Saw series and I'm exicted that 5 comes out tomorrow. My son and I are going to see it this weekend. I don't get creeped out my gore, blood or guts.

I tend to side more on the gore but I get creaped out by the "religious" or possession type of movies.

Other than the Saw series, I did enjoy the Grindhouse movies (Death Proof and Planet Terror) but I think Quinten Terintino (?) is brilliant.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

Trey wrote:Yeah not too crazy about scary movies, i'm kind of a wimp that way. I'll stick with my comedy..haha.

Signs did creep me out, not a huge fan of aliens anyway. The end, though, was extremely good.

Sometimes even the commercials to movies creep me out like The Strangers...that just gives me chills. Especially when the "captives" say "Why are you doing this" and the "strangers" say "Because you're home"

The one movie that has dubbed to be the scariest classic movie ever made is The Shinning. I thought it was HILARIOUS!!! "Here's Johnny!" haha....I was laughing throughout it. It is a classic, still really good and unqiue. They just don't make 'em like that anymore....now we have 5 million Saw movies... (no offense to any people who like watching dismemberment and torment)

Yes i'm a guy, yes i'm a wimp.
lol...awwww!
The Shining...yes....my husband makes my son do that finger talking thing in the weird voice...creeps me out. I'm sorry, but the freakiest part of that movie is the two little girls *shivers*
Signs FAH-REAKED me out!
But mostly when the video was all grainy at the party and you see that alien walk by and look right at the camera *ducks under the bed*
Oh and the other thing that freaks me out...anything involving people being..."INSIDE THE HOUSE" like the baby sitter movie...

I'm gonna go turn on all the lights now
skylarblue
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by skylarblue »

I was never allowed to see the Shinig growing up and for some reason but was allowed to see The Exorcist, Omen, Rosemary's Baby, Psycho, etc. Go Figure. Still haven't seen it to this day maybe that's a movie purchase for me.
EDC Inc~New Trainee Supervisor~Team Emmett!
Team Kellan~Proud Klutzer!
MS Virgin & Randomness Irregular!
MRK
Fishing with Charlie

Post by MRK »

skylarblue wrote:I was never allowed to see the Shinig growing up and for some reason but was allowed to see The Exorcist, Omen, Rosemary's Baby, Psycho, etc. Go Figure. Still haven't seen it to this day maybe that's a movie purchase for me.
after watching the exorcist, i swore of religious horror movies...so ive never seen rosemarys baby or the omen....
funny story, my father-in-law was a marine in Okinawa when the exorcist came out. He and a bunch of fellow marines went to watch it. He said, "just picture it...a bunch of big strong marines, scared to death to go back to their barracks in the middle of the night because of that movie"
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

I can not watch Signs. I hate alien movies! I saw one really scary one when I was younger - like six - and it scarred me for life! I saw War of the Worlds but got really freaked out.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

Old Horror movies were great.

Today they're all so non-sense. So repetitive. It gets boring.

I saw Freddy Krueger (sp?) when I was little.
And it scared the crap out of me.
NKistheshiz

Post by NKistheshiz »

I've always preferred Jason to Freddy.
Last week I saw An American Werewolf in London. It was so good and it was from the 1980s. It is like a classic. I loved it.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

ana; wrote:Old Horror movies were great.

Today they're all so non-sense. So repetitive. It gets boring.

I saw Freddy Krueger (sp?) when I was little.
And it scared the crap out of me.
Isn't the movie with Freddy Krueger called "the nightmare on elm street"? Yeah, that was CREEPY.

But the movie that freaks the hell out of me would have to be the Blair Witch project. It scares me to oblivion!! My cousins threaten to make me watch it when I piss them off lol.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

Le-Petit-Mort

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

Jeepers Creepers is good. But, it doesn't really scare me anymore because I've seen it so many times. For me, the second one is a tad bit scarier. :]
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

^^ I agree the second Jeepers Creepers was a little scarrier than the first. More people get mutilated in the second one and the thing just appears out of now where.
The song in the first one was a little creepy though.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily