Most Effective Horror Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Post by NKistheshiz »

Trey wrote:Yeah not too crazy about scary movies, i'm kind of a wimp that way. I'll stick with my comedy..haha.

Signs did creep me out, not a huge fan of aliens anyway. The end, though, was extremely good.

Sometimes even the commercials to movies creep me out like The Strangers...that just gives me chills. Especially when the "captives" say "Why are you doing this" and the "strangers" say "Because you're home"

The one movie that has dubbed to be the scariest classic movie ever made is The Shinning. I thought it was HILARIOUS!!! "Here's Johnny!" haha....I was laughing throughout it. It is a classic, still really good and unqiue. They just don't make 'em like that anymore....now we have 5 million Saw movies... (no offense to any people who like watching dismemberment and torment)

Yes i'm a guy, yes i'm a wimp.
I can not handle alien movies. They freak me out so much. I can watch almost every other kind of horror movie (with the exception of movies like The Exorcist - though that wasn't scary for me I just hate the subject of exorcism..).

The Strangers was loosely based on a true story. I watched it last week. It was kinda creepy.

I laughed at that part in The Shining too. I thought it was freakin' hilarious! There was nothing scary about it.

I don't like the Saw movies very much, they gross me out! I saw the 5th one when I went to Disneyland with my brother and sister. It was so gross. I've only seen the first one and the newest one. They're was too gross for me.
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Twilove »

Quarintined was definetly the scariest movie ive seen in a long time they wernt zombies it was rabies or something and it was one of those jumping out of ur seat kind of movies
LRP466106
Settled in Forks

Post by LRP466106 »

NKistheshiz wrote:
Trey wrote:Yeah not too crazy about scary movies, i'm kind of a wimp that way. I'll stick with my comedy..haha.

Signs did creep me out, not a huge fan of aliens anyway. The end, though, was extremely good.

Sometimes even the commercials to movies creep me out like The Strangers...that just gives me chills. Especially when the "captives" say "Why are you doing this" and the "strangers" say "Because you're home"

The one movie that has dubbed to be the scariest classic movie ever made is The Shinning. I thought it was HILARIOUS!!! "Here's Johnny!" haha....I was laughing throughout it. It is a classic, still really good and unqiue. They just don't make 'em like that anymore....now we have 5 million Saw movies... (no offense to any people who like watching dismemberment and torment)

Yes i'm a guy, yes i'm a wimp.
I can not handle alien movies. They freak me out so much. I can watch almost every other kind of horror movie (with the exception of movies like The Exorcist - though that wasn't scary for me I just hate the subject of exorcism..).

The Strangers was loosely based on a true story. I watched it last week. It was kinda creepy.

I laughed at that part in The Shining too. I thought it was freakin' hilarious! There was nothing scary about it.

I don't like the Saw movies very much, they gross me out! I saw the 5th one when I went to Disneyland with my brother and sister. It was so gross. I've only seen the first one and the newest one. They're was too gross for me.
The Shining is definitely my favorite scary movie...it's scary but it doesn't have a lot of blood and gore.

Saw is 'tarded. I really don't like it! Um, yeah, it's scary, but it's more gross & disguisting than scary. Whats the point....

I also really don't like scary movies about disease epidemics & stuff like that. Quarantine is not for me.
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

I feel that The Ring the first time around is scary because it's so different from other Horror films. It's very unique and creative. It's not necessarily the most typical way to scare people. It's refreshing. It's a shame that the sequel sucked.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
eternitys_charm

Post by eternitys_charm »

*Bloodlust* wrote:I feel that The Ring the first time around is scary because it's so different from other Horror films. It's very unique and creative. It's not necessarily the most typical way to scare people. It's refreshing. It's a shame that the sequel sucked.
Totally agree with you on that one. I love the ring because it really isnt your typical scary movie. it has more depth to it that the ghost or creepy guy appearing out of knoewhere and chasing the person and the stupid characters.
the ring very much so creeped me out till now.
so i agree with this :]
Banner and avie made by me for my story.
Please Read it: http://twilightarchives.com/viewstory.p ... 40&index=1
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

The Ring had me sleepless for a week or so.

Rec, amazing movie.
the most stressing 90 minutes of my life.
NKistheshiz

Post by NKistheshiz »

I have to see Rec.
But someone said it's not avaialable in the US.
I'm so bummed. I'll just have to wait for Quarantine but I heard it's not as good as Rec.
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

NKistheshiz wrote:I have to see Rec.
But someone said it's not avaialable in the US.
I'm so bummed. I'll just have to wait for Quarantine but I heard it's not as good as Rec.
I heard that too.
I went to IMDB and Rec is rated as one of the best horror movies.

You can download it though.
i don't recomment seeing it alone.
NKistheshiz

Post by NKistheshiz »

Wow.
Where do I downland it from?
lol, I'll take your word for it. Maybe I can drag one of my friends to watch it with me.
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

i have this program called Bit Torrent?
you can dowload things from there via torrent.
then you go to this website, www.mininova.org, and look for whatever you are looking for.

it's good if you have a week off and don't know what to do with your life.