Most Effective Horror Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
MiharuSkii
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Post by MiharuSkii »

Saw V was awesome. It was kind of more scary than the other three which were more gory than scary. This one actually made you think it could actually happen. And it was more well thought out too, because the people could actually win the game if they had just listened and thought about it.
ImageImageImage
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by NKistheshiz »

StarEmerson wrote:There is a few I watched when I was young that scared the hell out of me but now they are not scary at all to me; Salem's Lot and The Sixth Sense. Honeslty I had to sleep with the light on for weeks after I watched them, but now they don't scare me at all, I think The Sixth Sens is a great film!
I love Salem's Lot, in fact I'm watching it right now. lol. It was my favorite vampire movie until I saw 30 Days of Night, which was so awesome. I don't want to sound like the biggest cry baby around but The Sixth Sense made me cry at the end. When Haley Joel Osment was talking about how he could see his grandmother and all that stuff. It was sad. :cry:
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

28 Days Later. I was way too young to watch that.... still am. Throughout the whole movie I was just like --> :o

Love,
*Wanderer*
Last edited by *Wanderer* on Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Post by sachael »

i never got scared in watching horror flicks because it was in my mind that "it's just a movie" but the 6th sense gave me the creeps... and 30 days of night (can't stand 30 days of no sunlight!!!ugh!)

and one thai film that really is scary for me is "alone" (it's abt siamese twins and the other twin died after separation.. )
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
NKistheshiz

Post by NKistheshiz »

I would not be able to live in 30 days without sun.

Saw V grossed me out so badly. I saw it with my siblings one of which is only nine. I made him cover his eyes on some parts. I've one seen the first and the last Saw. They gross me out too much to watch them. I only saw the 5th one because I had to go with my siblings. It was so gross.
StarEmerson

Post by StarEmerson »

NKistheshiz wrote:
StarEmerson wrote:There is a few I watched when I was young that scared the hell out of me but now they are not scary at all to me; Salem's Lot and The Sixth Sense. Honeslty I had to sleep with the light on for weeks after I watched them, but now they don't scare me at all, I think The Sixth Sens is a great film!
I love Salem's Lot, in fact I'm watching it right now. lol. It was my favorite vampire movie until I saw 30 Days of Night, which was so awesome. I don't want to sound like the biggest cry baby around but The Sixth Sense made me cry at the end. When Haley Joel Osment was talking about how he could see his grandmother and all that stuff. It was sad. :cry:
Yeah that scene where he tells his mum, its amazing and that woman "is standing right by my window"

The Lost Boys is my fave vampire movie, it's not scary though! Not like Salem's Lot was the first time I watched it, can't believe you were watching it? I havnt seen it in years!!
"Magic Keeps Us Alive"

NKistheshiz

Post by NKistheshiz »

lol yeah. I ordered it off Netflixs. I love it so much. But I didn't get to finish it last night since it was a school night.

I have only seen the newest Lost Boys but I have the first one on my Netflix cue.
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

A lot of people have said the SAW movies - granted I've never seen a whole one but I always thought that weren't scary - Just fricking disgusting.
The movies that freak me out most are like the Physcodelic ones lol ( is that even a word?) . I can watch gore and stuff like the Ring and yeh I get scared but stuff like the scene in the Original Willie Wonka where they're going down the tunnel and Gene Wilder is shouting " The Danger is Growing and The Rowers are still Rowing" over and over again, getting faster and faster with all the flashing lights. Ughhhhh. It makes me feel fricking awful and I really don't like it. But It's such a good thrill.
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
MiharuSkii

Post by MiharuSkii »

The movie that scared me the most was Mars Attacks, which is sad because it was supposed to be a comedy. But I was 4 when I saw it and with all the people being turned into skeletons and then all the aliens heads exploding :o :shock:
It was the only Tim Burton movie didn't like.
ImageImageImage
PATDPeace

Post by PATDPeace »

Final Destination made me a paranoid freak for MONTHS.
Imagemade by Dani-Danisaur-PATDforums