Most Effective Horror Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Christine!
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Post by Christine! »

^Yeah Hannibal Rising is pretty good, its kinda gory and sick the way he kills the people though...
previously ChristineAnn, incase you didn't figure that out:)
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

I don't know about anyone else but after I saw I Am Legend, I had nightmares for weeks! Seriously! I had never seen a movie that had scared me so much until i saw that one!
Le-Petit-Mort

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

The stuff that SciFi plays late at night can get pretty gruesome. I love watching them! :D
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

The Sixth Sense- Overall creepy feeling that lingered after watching the film.

The Ring- Something about the imagery in the Japanese horror films the derive from is just disturbing!

Pet Semetary One and Two- I was afraid of cemetarys for a long time, and the thought of a loved one coming back to kill me?! The kitchen scene at the end of the first film made me jump.

Nightmare on Elm Street- Want to keep a kid from sleeping? Have them see this film, it had me sleeping with the light on for years
!
Team Edward:
Because...
pianists are good with their fingers
some of the hottest kisses are closed mouth
once you go vamp you never go back
vamp na hEireann
Location: Turning Bill and Tom into vampires.Seriously were did the sun go?oh right...this is Ireland

Post by vamp na hEireann »

^^Nightmare on Elmstreet is creepy.I saw a not-so-scary bit of it when I was about five and couldn't sleep for months.I only saw about three seconds of it when he was walking down an alley!
Midnight Sun Virgin!
|----[|██████]=----
ImageTrainee of EDC Inc. Private of Jaspers Confederate Army,Go Stainless Claret! Twilight Mafia
Wish.I.may
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Wish.I.may »

THIS

Okay, not really.

But, I dont watch a lot of horrors. I've seen some of the Extorsist sp? And I couldn't get the images from that movie out of my head. it was a couple years ago, so I could probably take it now. But it scared the crap out of me.
formally, Ostentatious6277
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Wish.I.may wrote: I've seen some of the Extorsist sp? And I couldn't get the images from that movie out of my head. it was a couple years ago, so I could probably take it now. But it scared the crap out of me.
Ok, you watched one of the scariest films in most people's opinion. No wonder you don't watch horror flicks!
I'm freaked out by religious films that center around good vs. evil or exorcism.

The Exorcist- still makes me uneasy... and hate pea soup.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose- Emily's body movements were surreal!

Rosemary's Baby- I don't want to be censored, but I was reminded of this film in BD, it was graphic. It's the poster child for discouraging pregnancy. Sure discouraged me a bit! This movie is every women's fear, having the devil's child?!

The Prophecy- Angels are fighting each other in heaven, so Gabriel comes down to Earth to find the soul that will end the war. The devil appears too, for the evil soul that 'belongs to him' and it all centers around a little girl, who is unwillingly keeping the soul safe in her own body. Anyone else not creeped out? But the best part is that Christopher Walken plays Gabriel. Gabe ain't so nice.
Team Edward:
Because...
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Post by Likeasunburn »

High School Musical part 8.
Elizabeth
Wrestling With Emmett

Post by Elizabeth »

Likeasunburn wrote:High School Musical part 8.
haha! that's awesome! ok, maybe it's because i'm older, so i don't get it. what's the fandom about?

The Hills Have Eyes- or anything that deals with inbreeding. No, having relations with your first cousin is not acceptable!
Team Edward:
Because...
Liz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Liz »

Anything by Guillermo del Toro (even though the Orphanage was not done by del Toro, he still undoubtedly had input and influence, since he did put his name on it and presented it). The Devil's Backbone is scary and awesome. Pan's Laybrinth is beautiful and scary in different ways.

I love the way M. Night Shymalan does his films and uses suspense without anything really going on. To me, that makes a great horror film, even though the actuality of it isn't exactly SCARY - it's the build up and the suspense he creates with his style.

So many Japanese Horror films are beyond scary. Any of the american remakes are only good because the original Japanese director either also did them or was involved (i.e. The Grudge and the Ring, etc.). As someone mentioned, Korean films are good too. Anyone see A Tale of Two Sisters? HELLOOOO - very freaky. Audition is an extremely freaky movie as well, but for different reasons - just disturbing! Movies like the Suicide Club and such are scary and strange in their own ways. Obviously, Ju-On (original Japanese Grudge) and Ringu (original japanese Ring) are extremely well done and quite scary! There are many more...

For some reason, the remake of the Dawn of the Dead freaked me out. I have no idea why - I guess it's just the way the director created the atmosphere and actions, etc.

The Others and Stir of Echos were good ones, too.

When I was younger, movies like The Exorcist, The Shining, Children of the Corn and those types scared me. I used to love scary movies - now I'm covering my eyes during the scary parts!!! hahaha...

Every fight is a food fight, when you're a cannibal.
-Demetri Martin