Most Effective Horror Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Postby NKistheshiz » Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:09 pm

Trey wrote:Yeah not too crazy about scary movies, i'm kind of a wimp that way. I'll stick with my comedy..haha.

Signs did creep me out, not a huge fan of aliens anyway. The end, though, was extremely good.

Sometimes even the commercials to movies creep me out like The Strangers...that just gives me chills. Especially when the "captives" say "Why are you doing this" and the "strangers" say "Because you're home"

The one movie that has dubbed to be the scariest classic movie ever made is The Shinning. I thought it was HILARIOUS!!! "Here's Johnny!" haha....I was laughing throughout it. It is a classic, still really good and unqiue. They just don't make 'em like that anymore....now we have 5 million Saw movies... (no offense to any people who like watching dismemberment and torment)

Yes i'm a guy, yes i'm a wimp.


I can not handle alien movies. They freak me out so much. I can watch almost every other kind of horror movie (with the exception of movies like The Exorcist - though that wasn't scary for me I just hate the subject of exorcism..).

The Strangers was loosely based on a true story. I watched it last week. It was kinda creepy.

I laughed at that part in The Shining too. I thought it was freakin' hilarious! There was nothing scary about it.

I don't like the Saw movies very much, they gross me out! I saw the 5th one when I went to Disneyland with my brother and sister. It was so gross. I've only seen the first one and the newest one. They're was too gross for me.
Image
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
User avatar
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 pm
Location: Running with the wolves

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Postby Twilove » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:39 pm

Quarintined was definetly the scariest movie ive seen in a long time they wernt zombies it was rabies or something and it was one of those jumping out of ur seat kind of movies
User avatar
Twilove
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
 
Posts: 106
Joined: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:31 pm
Location: burning some calories with Edward "wink" "wink" :p

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Postby LRP466106 » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:05 pm

NKistheshiz wrote:
Trey wrote:Yeah not too crazy about scary movies, i'm kind of a wimp that way. I'll stick with my comedy..haha.

Signs did creep me out, not a huge fan of aliens anyway. The end, though, was extremely good.

Sometimes even the commercials to movies creep me out like The Strangers...that just gives me chills. Especially when the "captives" say "Why are you doing this" and the "strangers" say "Because you're home"

The one movie that has dubbed to be the scariest classic movie ever made is The Shinning. I thought it was HILARIOUS!!! "Here's Johnny!" haha....I was laughing throughout it. It is a classic, still really good and unqiue. They just don't make 'em like that anymore....now we have 5 million Saw movies... (no offense to any people who like watching dismemberment and torment)

Yes i'm a guy, yes i'm a wimp.


I can not handle alien movies. They freak me out so much. I can watch almost every other kind of horror movie (with the exception of movies like The Exorcist - though that wasn't scary for me I just hate the subject of exorcism..).

The Strangers was loosely based on a true story. I watched it last week. It was kinda creepy.

I laughed at that part in The Shining too. I thought it was freakin' hilarious! There was nothing scary about it.

I don't like the Saw movies very much, they gross me out! I saw the 5th one when I went to Disneyland with my brother and sister. It was so gross. I've only seen the first one and the newest one. They're was too gross for me.


The Shining is definitely my favorite scary movie...it's scary but it doesn't have a lot of blood and gore.

Saw is 'tarded. I really don't like it! Um, yeah, it's scary, but it's more gross & disguisting than scary. Whats the point....

I also really don't like scary movies about disease epidemics & stuff like that. Quarantine is not for me.
Image
LRP466106
Settled in Forks
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:42 pm

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Postby *Bloodlust* » Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:10 pm

I feel that The Ring the first time around is scary because it's so different from other Horror films. It's very unique and creative. It's not necessarily the most typical way to scare people. It's refreshing. It's a shame that the sequel sucked.
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
User avatar
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 665
Joined: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:21 pm
Location: In Texas, Building An Army Of Newborns

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Postby eternitys_charm » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:18 pm

*Bloodlust* wrote:I feel that The Ring the first time around is scary because it's so different from other Horror films. It's very unique and creative. It's not necessarily the most typical way to scare people. It's refreshing. It's a shame that the sequel sucked.

Totally agree with you on that one. I love the ring because it really isnt your typical scary movie. it has more depth to it that the ghost or creepy guy appearing out of knoewhere and chasing the person and the stupid characters.
the ring very much so creeped me out till now.
so i agree with this :]
Image
Banner and avie made by me for my story.
Please Read it: http://twilightarchives.com/viewstory.p ... 40&index=1
User avatar
eternitys_charm
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:12 pm

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Postby ana; » Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:25 pm

The Ring had me sleepless for a week or so.

Rec, amazing movie.
the most stressing 90 minutes of my life.
User avatar
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:38 am
Location: somewhere sunny.

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Postby NKistheshiz » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:01 pm

I have to see Rec.
But someone said it's not avaialable in the US.
I'm so bummed. I'll just have to wait for Quarantine but I heard it's not as good as Rec.
Image
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
User avatar
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 pm
Location: Running with the wolves

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Postby ana; » Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:10 pm

NKistheshiz wrote:I have to see Rec.
But someone said it's not avaialable in the US.
I'm so bummed. I'll just have to wait for Quarantine but I heard it's not as good as Rec.


I heard that too.
I went to IMDB and Rec is rated as one of the best horror movies.

You can download it though.
i don't recomment seeing it alone.
User avatar
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:38 am
Location: somewhere sunny.

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Postby NKistheshiz » Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:46 am

Wow.
Where do I downland it from?
lol, I'll take your word for it. Maybe I can drag one of my friends to watch it with me.
Image
Inquisitive and thoughtful,
she was the challenge he'd been waiting for;
a reminder that creativity runs deep like secrets.
User avatar
NKistheshiz
Teaching Eric Social Graces
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:26 pm
Location: Running with the wolves

Re: Most Effective Horror Movies

Postby ana; » Sat Nov 08, 2008 3:39 am

i have this program called Bit Torrent?
you can dowload things from there via torrent.
then you go to this website, www.mininova.org, and look for whatever you are looking for.

it's good if you have a week off and don't know what to do with your life.
User avatar
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:38 am
Location: somewhere sunny.

PreviousNext

Return to Lights, Camera, Action...5,6,7,8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests