So You Think You Can Dance

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

So You Think You Can Dance

Post by Pel »

A place to talk about the TV show.
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Re: So You Think You Can Dance

Post by G-Faerie08 »

AHH! Yes this is one of my favorite reality shows. I like this show over American Idol because it takes a lot of talent and hard work to do what those dancers do. I'm not saying that singing isn't hard, but a person who is a bad singer can be put in a sound booth and the producer or whoever is at the control panel can MAKE them sound good. Whereas with dancing, you have to be in decent shape, have discipline, and really know what you are doing.

I went to one of the tour shows last year and I plan on going again this year as well!!
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

i know i cant dance, so i stick to the ones who can and try to learn but turn out worse. :oops:
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
SydlovesTwilight
Settled in Forks

Post by SydlovesTwilight »

It is the show I was watch constantly over summer. I have Tivo, so I'll watch the dances over and over again, skipping the judges talking and commercials. I wish they would put it out on DVD so it wouldn't take up all my space. :( Mark was my favorite this season! He is just so quirky, love it! :mrgreen:
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

I absolutely loved this season!
I think it was the best so far, but I haven't watched all of it.
My favourite pair was Kherington and Twitch.
They make such a good couple...in dancing.
I was so sad when Kherington got eliminated.
I almost cried.
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

i am a failure.
i love this show, like you have no idea.
i completely flaked out this summer. i missed like everything.
usually, i forget when the auditions start and miss that part and watch every episode until the finale...
i saw the auditions this year. that's about it. i saw a few shows, but i missed so much.
i cannot say how disappoited i am in myself.
you should all shun me. haha :lol:
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

I love this show!! I love Mia Michaels!!! omg i would do anything to have her teach me a contemporary dance for one hour! last season was awesome.
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

I know!! I really want to learn a latin routine..I also like that new choreographer they had who did contemporary and the one with Mark and Courtney "In the Garden". That was so AWESOME!! Each season just keeps getting better and better!!
twilight813
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by twilight813 »

G-Faerie08 wrote:I know!! I really want to learn a latin routine..I also like that new choreographer they had who did contemporary and the one with Mark and Courtney "In the Garden". That was so AWESOME!! Each season just keeps getting better and better!!

the girl with the crazy hair?? omg i know! this is my favorite dance of the season
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeKkUQAW ... re=related
Avi by Shel
Sisterhood of the Traveling Book
GM of Wingtears Non Veggie Vamp Cafe Member of Wingtears High Council
Gen Y Thread is <3
Adina
Settled in Forks

Post by Adina »

I use to dance when I was younger and I just adore the artisticness of the show. It is definitely my favorite reality TV show. I went to the tour last year and am going to this years as well. This season had some of the best routines but the dancers weren't the best. This season became more of a popularity contest rather than it focusing on the dancing. If you go back and watch past seasons, everything is about lines, form, and the dancing. Don't get me wrong, this season was great but the dance rules have sort of slacked. You know? Mark was my favorite dancer this season as he was very versatile and unique. Will and Katie, by far, were the best technical dancers. Joshua was the best all around so I am glad he won. Twitch was mostly personality and just hip hop/pop. He did not do well in other styles, like lyrical, foxtrot, quickstep, and all the more formal dances where technicality was required. My favorite perfromances this year were Katie and Joshua's Bollywood, Mark and Chelsea's hip hop to Bleeding Love, Mark and Courtney's Jazz to The Garden, and Katie and Will's pas de deux. I can't wait to see those dances live. I think the best season so far has been the one with Benji, Travis and Heidi. They were all extremely good dancers. Last season was also really good. Sabra, Danny, Neil and Lacey were also great dancers. My favorite performances last season were Sabra and Pasha's quickstep, Sabra and Neil's table dance, Hok and Jaimie's hummingbird dance, and Neil and Danny's dueling princes.

I only have 18 more days until I see this years tour! Yay!