So You Think You Can Dance

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: So You Think You Can Dance

Post by awesomejen1 »

Adina wrote:I use to dance when I was younger and I just adore the artisticness of the show. It is definitely my favorite reality TV show. I went to the tour last year and am going to this years as well. This season had some of the best routines but the dancers weren't the best. This season became more of a popularity contest rather than it focusing on the dancing. If you go back and watch past seasons, everything is about lines, form, and the dancing. Don't get me wrong, this season was great but the dance rules have sort of slacked. You know? Mark was my favorite dancer this season as he was very versatile and unique. Will and Katie, by far, were the best technical dancers. Joshua was the best all around so I am glad he won. Twitch was mostly personality and just hip hop/pop. He did not do well in other styles, like lyrical, foxtrot, quickstep, and all the more formal dances where technicality was required. My favorite perfromances this year were Katie and Joshua's Bollywood, Mark and Chelsea's hip hop to Bleeding Love, Mark and Courtney's Jazz to The Garden, and Katie and Will's pas de deux. I can't wait to see those dances live. I think the best season so far has been the one with Benji, Travis and Heidi. They were all extremely good dancers. Last season was also really good. Sabra, Danny, Neil and Lacey were also great dancers. My favorite performances last season were Sabra and Pasha's quickstep, Sabra and Neil's table dance, Hok and Jaimie's hummingbird dance, and Neil and Danny's dueling princes.

I only have 18 more days until I see this years tour! Yay!

The tour is really awesome...I went last month!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
Adina
Settled in Forks

Post by Adina »

awesomejen1 wrote:The tour is really awesome...I went last month!
Very awesome. I love seeing the performances live. It puts them on a whole new level. I'm glad to know they put on a good show this year.
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by awesomejen1 »

Adina wrote:
awesomejen1 wrote:The tour is really awesome...I went last month!
Very awesome. I love seeing the performances live. It puts them on a whole new level. I'm glad to know they put on a good show this year.

Gev was very funny!
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

I love that show!!
I like the auditions the best though, in Idol this year they only really showed the good singers, not the horrible ones, but in SUTUCD (sut-u-cud . . . I just made up a new acronym!(that is what its called right?)) they showed all the crazy people.
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

I lovee SYTYCD!! :D

I love watching it except it makes me jealous because I've always wished I could dance like that!!

Oh well..May as well just watch them..
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

eliselovesedwardx wrote:I lovee SYTYCD!! :D

I love watching it except it makes me jealous because I've always wished I could dance like that!!

Oh well..May as well just watch them..
I know. Whenever I watch I am always in awe because I so wish I could move like that. They make it look so easy.
eliselovesedwardx
Completely Dazzled!

Post by eliselovesedwardx »

I know! The learn a perfect, complicated routine in A WEEK! :o
How can you do that!?!

It used to take us a couple of weeks to get one dance right..Well granted, we only had one lesson a week but still! HOW!?!
::Elise:: Backhoe Operator for EDC, Inc~EDC's Cheer Squad Captain!
I'm on the List~The names Mooner
Edward_Addict
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Edward_Addict »

I love this show sooo much! I've been watching ever since season 1, and I can't wait until the summer comes just so it will start up again!

I watch Dancing with the Stars too, but it's not nearly as good as SYTYCD. Too bad this show wasn't on twice a year like DWTS is. But with the audition process and all that, I'm sure it would be too much of a pain.

Am I mistaken, or wasn't part of Joshua's prize getting a role in the next Step Up movie? Has anyone heard anything more about that?
Image Image
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Did anyone see it last night? It's going to be a good season :)
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

LionandLamb123 wrote:Did anyone see it last night? It's going to be a good season :)
Of course I saw it!!!! I seriously cannot wait until the top 20! I love that show so much. I really hope that the tour comes my way again. I've been for season 3 and 4...so hopefully they will have it at a venue near me so I can go again!