Repo! The Genetic Opera

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Nena
Altering source code with Jasper

Repo! The Genetic Opera

Post by Nena »

Discuss here Repo! The Genetic Opera which is a rock opera film directed by Darren Lynn Bousman.
Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: Repo! The Genetic Opera

Post by Chyeah »

Topic's been accepted, woot!

Anyway, here's a storyline I pulled from IMDb for the uninformed:
In the year 2056 - the not so distant future - an epidemic of organ failures devastates the planet. Out of the tragedy, a savior emerges: GeneCo, a biotech company that offers organ transplants, for a price. Those who miss their payments are scheduled for repossession and hunted by villainous Repo Men. In a world where surgery addicts are hooked on painkilling drugs and murder is sanctioned by law, a sheltered young girl searches for the cure to her own rare disease as well as information about her family's mysterious history. After being sucked into the haunting world of GeneCo, she is unable to turn back, as all of her questions will be answered at the wildly anticipated spectacular event: The Genetic Opera.

It's epic.
I'm an anti here for civil discussion on why Twihards like Twilight. However, if you personally insult me, I see no reason to respect you. You have been warned.
ChevelleFan-Point#1
Wandering Through Town

Post by ChevelleFan-Point#1 »

hahaha holy sheep!!! I saw this thread and nearly fell over!!! lol. I can't wait until the 7th :D. How rad is that that the movie comes out in theaters then? lol.
Tango: This is Steve and Tango on the cliff
Steve:...being stupid!

Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chyeah »

Sadly, it's in limited release because movie companies would rather release another Epic/Scary/Date/Disaster/Superhero Movie and make it full of epic fail.
I'm an anti here for civil discussion on why Twihards like Twilight. However, if you personally insult me, I see no reason to respect you. You have been warned.
eden1437
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Allendale for school/Chicago hometown/Forks in my mind

Post by eden1437 »

I want to see this movie sooo bad and it didn't even come to MI, but it came out in my hometown of Chi...I was sooo upset and I almost traveled to go see it but I had a Spanish exam...crap. Has anyone seen it??

And Chyeah I love your sig....I am a HUGE Sarah Brightman fan! (another reason to see the pic...)
"...And so the Lion Fell in love with the lamb"

Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Chyeah »

I didn't see it, but I saw the clips of Seventeen, Chase the Morning and Zydrate Anatomy. I discovered Sarah Brightman through this movie. I don't listen to much of her solo stuff, even though I should.
The DVD comes out Jan. 20th, I think. E-e-e-e-e-e-e!
eden1437

Post by eden1437 »

Yay!!! I am soooo buying it. I wish it would have come to theaters here.

If you're interested in her stuff, but you're new to it (it isn't for everyone...I think it's an acquired taste.lol) you should check out songs from her album "Eden" because it's the most "contemporary" and mainstream...

Chyeah
Buying a Better Raincoat

Re: gyms and endeavor

Post by Chyeah »

weose33 wrote:form several interference in the gyms and endeavor the communication of sport that grouping like and person amount to look from Dramatist."Into the Wear!After you've smooth customising your mech it's case to EVE ISK put it to the effort in try, and fortuitously it's in struggle that Exteel shows its lawful flag. Battles rattling are as fast-paced and tempestuous as they develop - and depend highly on the accomplishment of the Maneuver.
Wow. That's absolutely fascinating.

*wants to acquire Sarah Brightman music taste*
eden1437

Post by eden1437 »

weose33 wrote:form several interference in the gyms and endeavor the communication of sport that grouping like and person amount to look from Dramatist."Into the Wear!After you've smooth customising your mech it's case to EVE ISK put it to the effort in try, and fortuitously it's in struggle that Exteel shows its lawful flag. Battles rattling are as fast-paced and tempestuous as they develop - and depend highly on the accomplishment of the Maneuver.
Um...I don't understand this post at all.

eden1437

Post by eden1437 »

Haven't posted here in awhile...but if anyone is interested, Repo! comes out on dvd Jan. 20th!