The Jonas Brothers

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: The Jonas Brothers

Post by *Wanderer* »

It was a great debate! And I'm glad everyone's opinion was well respected. :D

Love,
*Wanderer*
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Ok... a topic... favorite/best Jonas songs. Even if you are an anti, the most bearable song to you.

My favorites have to be inseperable and Shelf. I love those songs. I like Burnin up too, but that one gets too much publicity, and I like to be different. I also love EVERYTHING on their first CD, Its About Time. They had girlier voices back then... look on youtube for the original When You Look Me In The Eyes. My friend's brother was like, who is that random girl?? Just keep in mind... they were young!!
List, Gnat ♥
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Even though I'm an anti, I love the song "Love Bug." It's the only song of theirs that I find bearable, but I just love it!
(And this could be possibly the dumbest question ever, but is that Camilla Belle in their video for that song?

Love,
*Wanderer* (aka Emily)
Krystina the Alien
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Krystina the Alien »

I have to admit that I love That's Just The Way We Roll, but that's 'cause they mention Hanson in it.

But I also like Poor Unfortunate Souls...the remake they did for the Special Edition Little Mermaid soundtrack. It's really, really, really good.
Image <--click this
JasperRocks3000
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by JasperRocks3000 »

I know they sounded kinda squeaky Worse than my friend when he was going through puberty. My favorite song would probably be Video Girl. I also love a lot of the songs on Nick's solo album .
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

*Wanderer* wrote:dumbest question ever, but is that Camilla Belle in their video for that song?
Yes, that is Camilla Belle.

I forgot, I also really like their cover of Hello Goodbye. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsZVqPvnl0M <-- That is the whole song, for those who would like to hear it. Of course, nobody can ever be the Beatles, but I still really really love this song. KEVIN SINGS!!! At about 30 seconds, he says You say low. Ahhh...
List, Gnat ♥
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

To be frank, I don't really like the JB's but has been forced to listen to them because my friend is completely in love with Joe...so I'm listening to them just for her..

Hm. Burnin' Up is a really annoying (but catchy) song to get stuck in your head, I have to admit... :)
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I'm sure you all know by now that I don't like the Jonas Brothers but the most barable to me are either Pushin' Me Away (not the chorus, though. I liked the beginning - it reminded me of the Lion King) and Lovebug is all right.

For Pushin' Me Away, I think it does try to go a bit outside the general main mainstream music theme but then the chorus kicks in and it starts off nicely...until it hits the end note of away. It just goes downhill from there and falls into the main mainstream music area. Or like the "push, push, pushin me away" or whatever sounds just like Shake It (hate that song). When it's not the chorus, it's all right. Keep in mind, I am not saying this song isn't mainstream because it is. I'm just saying it is a little less mainstream.

Lovebug is a soothing song, so I like it for that reason. And I must admit, the boys are quite cute in the official video - with their old time clothes and glasses. It suits them. In the beginning, I mean. Also, I like it when their hair is pushed out of their faces. Normally, I like guys more with an emo-ish look but they just look better with the hair out of their faces. Also, when the three boys sing together, they have a nice harmony. And then it is all ruined when they try to go in a rock-ish style.

I'm not saying I like them, I'm just trying to find some good qualities in them. Just to make that clear. :) By the way, the debate was really fun with all of you. Everyone else gets so defensive and I can never lay out all my points.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I just don't like them...at all. :oops:
ImageImage
E<3B
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

twilightbelle<3 wrote:I just don't like them...at all. :oops:
Oh, don't worry about it. We were just having a debate over them. I actually think that more than half were arguing against them.. but that doesn't mean we still can't love the people who do like the Jonas Brothers. :)