The Jonas Brothers

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: The Jonas Brothers

Post by *Wanderer* »

xStarlightembers;;] wrote:To be fully honest with you all, I do not see anything particularly special about the Jonas Brothers; their lyrics are painfully unoriginal (love never gets old, but you can add an extra spice to it!), the music itself not standing out in the least, and they have become more a marketing tool than their own band -- as with anything that has been produced or had its start with Disney Channel (shall we say, for example, Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus?) I don't see why people are overly-attracted to their looks, either -- they look like the teenagers that I see hanging around the local high school, nothing too special. (Though, just be clear, I am fully aware that true beauty is found on the inside.)

In addition, they have not had to work exceptionally hard to make their way to the top -- not nearly as hard as some other groups out there. They didn't start at the bottom on an independent label like many of the other popular acts of today (such as Paramore, Panic! at The Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, Evanescence), instead they had an immense head start and heavy promotion due to the Disney Channel. To me, looking at them now, they just seem to be another craze -- forgotten and laughed at a few years from now.

I mean, really think about it: if it weren't for Disney sponsoring them and the fact millions of teenage females found their faces attractive, do you honestly think they would would be as popular as they are right now? If they had worked their way to the top, instead of having people put them there, I might have had a certain amount of respect for them and their music. But they did not, so I offer no support.

Though, before you even let the thought cross your minds, I do not hate them as people -- I just passionately dislike their music.
Finally someone who sees my point of view!! I agree! Kudos to you! :D

Love,
*Wanderer* (aka Emily)
emilyhale
Settled in Forks

Post by emilyhale »

Can I just say...Panic at the Disco = love.

Ryan Ross = sex.

Yup. that's about it. xD
I had an adrenaline rush, it's very common...you can google it.

Tampons confuse Jasper Hale.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

To all you haters/dislikers,
Actually listen to their music unbiased. See who they are as people. They are excellent people when you actually see them as them. Do not look at them as just Disney puppets or something like that. They are wonderful people. Stop giving them hate they don't deserve.
List, Gnat ♥
xStarlightembers;;]
Settled in Forks

Post by xStarlightembers;;] »

Jasper<3, I have listened to the music -- I give everybody, Disney star or not, a fair chance. When they came out with their latest album, I opened up YouTube and tried once more. I gave the music my fair evaluation, as did the rest of my music-obsessive family (Aunts, uncles, parents), and we all agree they are not as talented as the hype circling them makes them out to be. Does that mean they have no skill? Of course not, they do have some. But, even if I thought their music was well-composed, they should -- as with any other band or artist -- have to prove themselves by starting at the bottom.

I never said they were horrible people; I can not, nor can you, make that judgment. Neither of us, I assume, have actually met them face-to-face. I am sure they are good-minded teenagers/young-adults; but that does not impact my opinions on the music. My opinion is not any more wrong than yours, just as yours is not any more right.

It's an opinion.
Stop giving them hate they don't deserve.
I wonder, did you take the time to read my post? I specifically said I do not hate them, I just dislike their music. Strongly and vocally dislike. I do not, I can assure you, go around on fansites or their MySpace attacking them; people can own their CDs, it does not bother me. I don't go around school bullying Jonas Brother fans for their musical tastes -- they are the ones doing that to me, the ones going on band's MySpaces and loathing them. (Note: I'm not saying all fans do that, but the ones at my school do.)
xStarlightembers;;]
12 Years Young . Proudly Female . Team Jacob (though happy with the ending) . Music Dependant . Rock fan. My Chemical Romance are my life . Hawthorne Heights (Nov 26th) . Avid reader .
emilyhale
Settled in Forks

Post by emilyhale »

xStarlightembers;;] wrote:Jasper<3, I have listened to the music -- I give everybody, Disney star or not, a fair chance. When they came out with their latest album, I opened up YouTube and tried once more. I gave the music my fair evaluation, as did the rest of my music-obsessive family (Aunts, uncles, parents), and we all agree they are not as talented as the hype circling them makes them out to be. Does that mean they have no skill? Of course not, they do have some. But, even if I thought their music was well-composed, they should -- as with any other band or artist -- have to prove themselves by starting at the bottom.

I never said they were horrible people; I can not, nor can you, make that judgment. Neither of us, I assume, have actually met them face-to-face. I am sure they are good-minded teenagers/young-adults; but that does not impact my opinions on the music. My opinion is not any more wrong than yours, just as yours is not any more right.

It's an opinion.
I wonder, did you take the time to read my post? I specifically said I do not hate them, I just dislike their music. Strongly and vocally dislike. I do not, I can assure you, go around on fansites or their MySpace attacking them; people can own their CDs, it does not bother me. I don't go around school bullying Jonas Brother fans for their musical tastes -- they are the ones doing that to me, the ones going on band's MySpaces and loathing them. (Note: I'm not saying all fans do that, but the ones at my school do.)

Agreed. The Jonas Brothers themselves are not extremely talented at all, they're not bad in my opinion, but they're just not great. At all. The Jonas Brothers are a product of good marketing and timing. Had it not been for Radio Disney, the Best of Both Worlds tour, and other expertly timed appearances, advertisements, and other exposures, the Jonas Brothers would not be as crazily popular as they are now. Like The Beatles (who really were great, but also at the same time not too exceptional) they tried to find a good marketing scheme and had a target audience and they reached it.
I had an adrenaline rush, it's very common...you can google it.

Tampons confuse Jasper Hale.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

^ Exactly. I don't hate the Jonas Brothers: I've never met them! But I just dislike their music.
I also agree that a majority of their fame is based on being endorsed by Disney.

To Jonas Brothers lovers/likers: sorry if this offends you in any way. I know it can get kinda annoying when people criticize the things you like.

Love,
*Wanderer*
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Please don't be offended but, personally, I see their music as mass-produced, manufactured, sugar-coated, disney channel crap. I'm sorry. There are good features, yes, but they are so unoriginal. Not unique in anyway. They don't even write their own songs. And they make girls think they are good live when you know they are lip syncing. There is no way their live version can sound exactly like the studio produced version. I do like them as people, sure, but just not their music.

And I do think they have unfair popularity. They did not work at all to get to the top, nor did Miley Cyrus. I mean, even Brittany Spears had to work to be as popular as she is (didn't she? I don't exactly remember). Muse, in particular, had to work from the very bottom to become as famous as they are. Or Arcade Fire.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

xStarlightembers;;] wrote:Jasper<3, I have listened to the music -- I give everybody, Disney star or not, a fair chance. When they came out with their latest album, I opened up YouTube and tried once more. I gave the music my fair evaluation, as did the rest of my music-obsessive family (Aunts, uncles, parents), and we all agree they are not as talented as the hype circling them makes them out to be. Does that mean they have no skill? Of course not, they do have some. But, even if I thought their music was well-composed, they should -- as with any other band or artist -- have to prove themselves by starting at the bottom.

It's an opinion.
It was good of you to give them a chance, and yes, everybody has their own opinion. I realize that. I was not talking specifically to you in that post. I hope it didn't offend you in any way.
List, Gnat ♥
twilight_fanpire
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twilight_fanpire »

I actually like the Jonas Brothers and I find that they have great voices. However, I do agree with the people who said that they are very disney. I really want to see what will happen with them once they break out of their disney shell because I think that they have potential once they are able to make their own choices without having to run it by "the mouse". Disney is very controlling so I think that has something to do with it.
However, I really like them and I am a huge fan.
Bulldozer Trainee in EDC,Inc.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb.." <3 E<3B
JessRuby
Wandering Through Town

Post by JessRuby »

Everywhere I go there is something Jonas Brothers related xP

I'm a real big fan though. I'm talking 11 concerts over the last 2 years big fan. Flying to New York from Canada to see them big fan. Devoting nearly all my free-time over the last 2 years to a JB fansite big fan.

I'll admit, I'm not as big a fan now as I was when they weren't famous, but I'll definitely never give up on them, I'm in much too deep.

I'm sure if people gave them a chance there may be a song or two you like. They're much awesomer guys than the music they make too, though. Yes, I used the word awesomer.
"Marry me first."
"Okay. What's the punch line?"
"You're wounding my ego, Bella. I just proposed to you, and you think it's a
joke."