The Jonas Brothers

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: The Jonas Brothers

Post by *Wanderer* »

Okay, so I was watching the AMAs last night with my mom when the Jonas Brothers came on. My mom really doesn't know the Jonas Brothers so she actually asked me if they were GAY. LOL!!
metro_girl0
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by metro_girl0 »

I like the Jonas Brothers. Their music is good. I used to have the HUGEST crush on Nick jonas but now I just kinda like him because now I am totally into Emmett. I used to like both of them but now i like Emmett more.........And jasper of course. He is rockin' too.
But all in all the Jonas Brothers are very good musicians. My best friend has the hugest crush on Joe. 99% of the posters on her walls are Joe. I'll admit he's hot and funny. but not my favorite.

Allie

(Emmett still holds the favorite spot)
Image Image Image
E<3B Team E!
soul alchemist
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by soul alchemist »

You could say I'm a fan of the jonas brothers if you see my room. I got like 2 posters of them. I was obessed with them but since I discovered Twilight they are my second obession. I love Lovebug! Why do people keep thinking they are GAY? Just because they don't wear sagging pants and long shirts doesn't mean they are gay!
The most gorgeous twins in my world.
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Not everyone. Just my mom. She really doesn't know Jonas Brothers that much.

Love,
*Wanderer*
Carla ♥
Settled in Forks

Post by Carla ♥ »

I like the JB. =]
:]
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Oh my gosh, I just found this thread and I almost choked on my cereal. I am probably the biggest JB fan on this site. Their music is amazing. Right now I am listening to Video Girl. I'm Nat by the way. Kevin is my favorite Bro, then Joe, then Nick, but I love them all beyond the point of sanity. They are my screensaver! http://s446.photobucket.com/albums/qq18 ... =Jonas.jpg
List, Gnat ♥
mz.cullenn
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by mz.cullenn »

Nick Jonas is another reason for love. Just sayin'.
But other than that I think their music is fantastic.
One of my favourite songs would have to be 'Inseparable'. It gives me the chills.
I LOVE EDWARD CULLEN.

Proud Cullenist, Member of Alice House and Supporter of Team Edward, Baby!
-VMT Queen of Diamonds-

I LOVE ME SOME JASPER.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

My favorite song is Shelf. I just love it. And I love their cover of Hello Goodbye, but I dont count that because they didn't write it. I am watching Camp Rock. I love the part where Kevin is like Build me a birdhouse!! Ah... Kevin... *swoons*
List, Gnat ♥
emilyhale
Settled in Forks

Post by emilyhale »

I really do not like them anymore. Have any of you heard of a band called Push Play before? Well, they're rising up to the top and will very soon be as popular if not way more popular than the Jonas Brothers. Don't get me wrong, I used to be a huge Jonas Brothers fan. Like, unhealthily obsessed. But, I just feel that they're total douche bags now and are nothing more than a brand name.
I had an adrenaline rush, it's very common...you can google it.

Tampons confuse Jasper Hale.
xStarlightembers;;]
Settled in Forks

Post by xStarlightembers;;] »

To be fully honest with you all, I do not see anything particularly special about the Jonas Brothers; their lyrics are painfully unoriginal (love never gets old, but you can add an extra spice to it!), the music itself not standing out in the least, and they have become more a marketing tool than their own band -- as with anything that has been produced or had its start with Disney Channel (shall we say, for example, Britney Spears and Miley Cyrus?) I don't see why people are overly-attracted to their looks, either -- they look like the teenagers that I see hanging around the local high school, nothing too special. (Though, just be clear, I am fully aware that true beauty is found on the inside.)

In addition, they have not had to work exceptionally hard to make their way to the top -- not nearly as hard as some other groups out there. They didn't start at the bottom on an independent label like many of the other popular acts of today (such as Paramore, Panic! at The Disco, Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, Evanescence), instead they had an immense head start and heavy promotion due to the Disney Channel. To me, looking at them now, they just seem to be another craze -- forgotten and laughed at a few years from now.

I mean, really think about it: if it weren't for Disney sponsoring them and the fact millions of teenage females found their faces attractive, do you honestly think they would would be as popular as they are right now? If they had worked their way to the top, instead of having people put them there, I might have had a certain amount of respect for them and their music. But they did not, so I offer no support.

Though, before you even let the thought cross your minds, I do not hate them as people -- I just passionately dislike their music.
xStarlightembers;;]
12 Years Young . Proudly Female . Team Jacob (though happy with the ending) . Music Dependant . Rock fan. My Chemical Romance are my life . Hawthorne Heights (Nov 26th) . Avid reader .