Muse

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Muse

Post by Twilight<3 »

Okay, I'm sorry, but before you go Muse-crazy, listen to more than just Time is Running Out, Knights of Cydonia, Supermassive Black Hole, and Hysteria. Or any other song on the Twilight playlists. You have no idea how much Muse fans hate Twilight fans because of this. :lol: Don't worry, I don't hate you guys.. seeing as I am a Twilight fan. But I seriously suggest checking out more than just those songs - especially the album Origin of Symmetry. That album was made of win. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I'm just saying.

Also, has anyone seen the questions Muse answered? Here are a few of my favorites:

Since receiving your honorary doctorates, have you been ever tempted to use the line "trust me I'm a doctor" ?

I use that line every day… I just hope I'm not in the situation where someone takes me seriously and asks me to do something. At that point I will just have to offer a healing drum beat. Dom.

Oh man.. I love Dom. :P

And this one:

What's the most awkwardest moment you have had with a fan?

During our initial European tour of 'Origin Of Symmetry' I woke up in a hotel room in Paris only to find an avid female fan of the band sat on the end of the bed whose vibe could only be described as 'clammy'. She had somehow broken in or bribed the receptionist. I was as polite as possible of course... Matt.

Clammy? Haha, what?
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

Oh I know! My brother has been a HUGE Muse fan since who knows when. I just started listening to them because of Twilight. I have since then listened to their music lots. My brother has the albums Absolution, Orgin of Symmetry, and Black Holes and Revelations. I like all of them. :)
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
copper curls
Welcoming Newbies with Cheers and Emmett-hugs

Post by copper curls »

I was a Muse fan before I even knew about how much they'd inspired Twilight, so when I found out about that, I felt so dumb :oops: for not figuring it out sooner. I don't understand why people keep going on about not liking their music.. if that's true, then don’t say anything about it. I love all their music, because they're not doing what crap bands do and recycling old beats and lyrics. They write songs that get into your soul.

Oh... my friend sent me this quote a little while ago… thought it was hilarious. :lol:

“Muse are a progressive symphonic space hip-hop country gospel blues acid alien alternative hard rock band...”
PM me for this stamp! | Cam is my TwiTwin | EDC/CS & OC | Mafia Mentors | Asst. Manager CCB&B | Team Leah | APPC Platinum Member | Welcome Wagon | MSV
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I can see how people don't like Muse. It's just how I don't like the Jonas Brothers and other people do. Everyone has a different mind and taste in music. As for the quote, it is highly true. They are so original.

Currently, they are working on a symphonic monster. I cannot wait for it to come out. Matt has been writing it for a couple years and he is finally trying to finish it. He said that it will be in three parts, just like a symphony. I asbolutely cannot wait.
silverotrhanail
Settled in Forks

Post by silverotrhanail »

OMG Muse is amazing! I love every song of their's that I've heard. And I can't wait for some new stuff to come out.
I guess one of my favorite songs is Map of the Problematique...and I like Super-Massive Black Hole. For a little while, I had my phone programmed so when it turned on, it's welcome message would say "You're a Super-Massive Black Hole". Then I took it in to the phone company to get fixed, and when the turned it on, they were all confused. Not Muse fans, I guess.
:D
She sees her world through the eyes of others/Black and white, there are no colors/As she looks down upon a shattered youth/A shattered mirror shows a shattered truth.
(In Shattered Mirror, by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes)
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Muse is really, truly an amazing band. I really just think they're awesome, and they're music is so inspiring.

So what's your guys' favorite song of theirs?

Love,
*Wanderer*
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Muse really is inspiring. I'm in love with them. :) Hmm, my favorite song? That is such a difficult question to answer. I have 153 songs and I love every single one of them. I think I'd have to go with New Born or Blackout because those were what first got me into Muse. Also, right now, I really love Take a Bow and Megalomania. What about you?
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

It's sooo hard to choose a favorite right? But I also really love Megalomania. To name some others: Hysteria, Starlight, and... especially Unintended. (I just love Matt's voice!)

Love,
*Wanderer*
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Haha, most people tend to not like Matt's voice for some reason. That's one of the main reasons people don't like Muse here, but I love his voice. Megalomania is an awesome song. I love how dark it is and the organ just tops it all off. In case you were wondering, I'll give you a little information on the recording of that song. It was during a dark time in Matt's relationship with his girl friend so they went to this church with a huge organ (I can't recall the name) to record the organ part. The minister there asked to see lyrics for the song to make sure they weren't devil worshippers or something. Matt wrote fake lyrics down real quick so they could record. And now you know a little bit more about that song (if you hadn't known that already).
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

Matt.... I love Matt. He's awesome. Thanks for the info about that song :D

I love your banner, by the way.

Love,
*Wanderer*