Muse

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
oleander
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Re: Muse

Post by oleander »

i recently discovered Muse (thanks to Stephenie) and I LOVE them!! I'm driving my co-workers crazy because i've got all the albums on my mp3 player and i've been playing them constantly in my office. i can't stop listening to them.

i can't believe i hadn't heard them before!
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

In class the other day, me and a few people were talking about music and I asked this girl if she listened to Muse. And another guy said "Muse? Muse sucks!"
Me: "How can you say that? They are my favorite band."
Him: "Well, they do have one good song. Starlight."
Me: "How much have you actually listened to of Muse?"
Him: "The whole album."
Me: "Black Holes and Revelations?"
Him: "Yeah."
Me: "Yeah, that's a completely new sound to them... my favorite album is Showbiz."
Him: "You mean when they started *sucks in breath while making a hand gesture like he's holding a joint*"
Me: "Muse don't do hard drugs."
Him: "Riiight."

And that was that. *sigh* Whatever.

Haha, I drive all my friends insane, oleander. I talk about them constantly.
strawberry
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by strawberry »

Well, I haven´t heard of Muse before I saw them on SM playlist.
But now I love them, they are simply awesome!

My favourite album: Black Holes & Revelations
Most played songs: Hysteria and Exo-Politics

I could listen to them 24 hours a day....
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

agreed. i have the live cd in my car and it never goes off. lol.
my hubby and all my friends/co workers are all "whats wrong with you move on already" lol
it just never gets old, which to me is a sign of a very good band
Liz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Liz »

Been a Muse fan for years - they're amazing, as many of you now know, thanks to SM. Amazing live, of course!

I figured a Muse song would be in the movie, but I hadn't checked to see. Is is SMBH? Cause I was actually thinking that would be cool while I was going through my brain making up soundtracks to the books lol. I love all of their albums and think a lot of songs would fit in with the movie.

Knights of Cydonia might work for some battle scenes! hehe...

Every fight is a food fight, when you're a cannibal.
-Demetri Martin
Court
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Court »

Liz wrote:Been a Muse fan for years - they're amazing, as many of you now know, thanks to SM. Amazing live, of course!

I figured a Muse song would be in the movie, but I hadn't checked to see. Is is SMBH? Cause I was actually thinking that would be cool while I was going through my brain making up soundtracks to the books lol. I love all of their albums and think a lot of songs would fit in with the movie.

Knights of Cydonia might work for some battle scenes! hehe...
yea i read in Rolling Stone that SMBH would be featured in the movie. Knights of Cydonia would be great as well though, nice thinking!
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Yeah, it's definitely SMBH. I wonder where it will be.

Was anyone else thinking how ironic it is that Muse's album is called Black Holes and Revelations... and the world may end because of a black hole? I was thinking to myself, I wonder if the world will end. Right after I thought that, Supermassive Black Hole came on. Umm, coincidence? Most likely, but it could potentially be a sign. o_O

;)
strawberry
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by strawberry »

Twilight<3 wrote:
Was anyone else thinking how ironic it is that Muse's album is called Black Holes and Revelations... and the world may end because of a black hole? I was thinking to myself, I wonder if the world will end. Right after I thought that, Supermassive Black Hole came on. Umm, coincidence? Most likely, but it could potentially be a sign. o_O

;)
haha, yeah that´s pretty ironic ;) :D

anyway, I got my sister hocked on Muse. Finally I´m not the only Muse fan I know :D
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Haha, nice.

My brother claims he doesn't like Muse but I caught him singing Assassin today. :lol: He just doesn't like the band because I'm so passionate about them. What a nice brother, aye?
strawberry
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by strawberry »

Haha, yeah a really nice brother ;)

My sister loves Hysteria and Time is Running Out, she listens to this two songs all the time.