Muse

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Muse

Post by Twilight<3 »

You can have Matt.. as long as I can have Dom. :P It's Dom's birthday on Sunday, by the way. And it was recently Chris's birthday. God, I know too much about them this isn't even healthy anymore.

Aw, thanks, hon! I love the looks on their faces for some reason.
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

Ok my class-mate had this thought:
Ok well when Phil gave Bella that CD for her birthday or something it was Muse. Because it says that it had lots of screaming but the Lyrics really did mean something. Ad we all know that Stephenie Meyer likes Muse so...
Maddy<3
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
iLoveRob
Wandering Through Town

Post by iLoveRob »

I loved Muse before twilight and I was excited when they put in supermassive black hole, I love that song, along with various others like
Megalomania
Hysteria
Starlight
Unintended
Matt's voice is really good, i don't see how other people don't like them ):
maddy<3twilight
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by maddy<3twilight »

OOO. I love the song Hysteria! But I don`t get the video. It`s confusing. Is he like stalking the girl or something?
I love Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole too!
RR! ~ Major Dark! ~ I <3 Peeta! ~ J<3B ~
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

maddy<3twilight wrote:Ok my class-mate had this thought:
Ok well when Phil gave Bella that CD for her birthday or something it was Muse. Because it says that it had lots of screaming but the Lyrics really did mean something. Ad we all know that Stephenie Meyer likes Muse so...
Maddy<3
Good theory, but Stephenie actually said that it was Linkin Park on her Twilight FAQ page on her website.

Love,
*Wanderer*
*Wanderer*
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by *Wanderer* »

iLoveRob wrote:I loved Muse before twilight and I was excited when they put in supermassive black hole, I love that song, along with various others like
Megalomania
Hysteria
Starlight
Unintended
Matt's voice is really good, i don't see how other people don't like them ):
No way! You just listed like some of my FAVORITE songs of Muse! (Though it's reeeallly hard to choose.)

And I am sooo in love with Matt's voice. Love him :D

Love,
*Wanderer*
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

maddy<3twilight wrote:Ok my class-mate had this thought:
Maddy<3
Actually, it wasn't that the music had a lot of screaming (because, for one, Muse does not scream in any of their songs) but that the music's intruments were overwhelming and distracting from the vocals. And Stephenie confirmed that the CD was by Linkin Park, I believe.

So what did you guys think of the choice for the movie? I do think the song fit the scene in the movie well but it utterly irked me to no end that it had to be Supermassive Black Hole. Sure, it's a good song and all, but probably one of my least favorites (that doesn't mean I don't like it, though). That song is off Muse's worst album, one of the songs that doesn't sound like Muse at all, and the pop-iest songs... There are some other ones that I would have put on there but whatever.
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

I have been a big Muse fan, since I was like, 10! I love their sound, and the music always makes me dance like, the biggest geek ever. And Stephanie is a big fan, so there ya go! XD
ImageImage
E<3B
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

Twilight<3 wrote:So what did you guys think of the choice for the movie? I do think the song fit the scene in the movie well but it utterly irked me to no end that it had to be Supermassive Black Hole. Sure, it's a good song and all, but probably one of my least favorites (that doesn't mean I don't like it, though). That song is off Muse's worst album, one of the songs that doesn't sound like Muse at all, and the pop-iest songs... There are some other ones that I would have put on there but whatever.
When I first heard they chose SBH, I was wondering where it was going to fit in. I like the song and all but I could have thought of much better "matches" for the movie. "Time is Running Out" was always my favorite Muse song for Twilight. After seeing the movie though, WOW, it really made the baseball scene amazing. I'm pleased with how it all came together in the movie. I hope they have at least one Muse song in each movie. What does everyone think would be the best pick for New Moon?
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Something dark for New Moon would work best, of course. But what would that be? Hmm, many of Muse's songs are rather dark but I'm not sure which would be the best fit. I saw that Apocalypse Please was on the New Moon playlist and I think that could be a good song when Edward first leaves. However, I would really love to see Megalomania in there.. even though, of course, it won't be. It's just so incredibly dark but it's brilliant.

All in all, the songs I could see in there are Apocalypse Please, Cave, Unintended, Citizen Erased, Micro Cuts, Screenager, Darkshines, Space Dementia... Some fit loosely and other fit perfectly, but those are the ones I can see in the movie. You know they will pick Invincible or something, though, for when Edward comes back. Something off Black Holes and Revelations. :roll: Which is an awesome album, I just love their older works more.. like Origin of Symmetry.

On a side note...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOM!!