Muse

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Muse

Post by Twilight<3 »

Yeah, that's the way my friend is. Oh wait, no, she likes Starlight, too. :P
Chadley
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Chadley »

I really like Muse, personally. I know, Twi, I should have posted on here a LONG time ago from your posts on the Hanson Thread, I just haven't gotten around to it. :oops:

Anyway, I have about 3 of their CDs and their style is really awesome. My favorite song by them is probably Supermassive Black Hole. The beat is incredible!

I don't usually listen to their style of music, I'm more of a Rock, Hip Hop, or R&B person (Hello, I'm a Hanson fan. Muse and Hanson aren't exactly what I would call similar...) but I do really like them. *nods*
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Sheesh, Chads, took you long enough. When did I tell you to post? Like a month ago?!

Pfft, Chads, you can listen to things that aren't similar. I listen to Muse and then.. Sigur Ros like I had you listen to today. I just find balance. :P

So, does anyone know bands that are similar to Muse? I've heard that people thought Radiohead was. However, I don't see the connection.

Or, no. Since we all like the same band, maybe we would like other bands we listen to, as well. Does anyone else like Arcade Fire, Billy Talent, Sigur Ros, Coldplay, or Queen? Also, I'm asking this because I need to listen to more bands. :)
AliceLauren
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by AliceLauren »

Stephenie Meyer got me hooked on Muse... I love them now.

My favorite song by them is Time is Running Out and Assassin :D

Yay Muse. Y'all rock... literally. (sorry I really had to say that)
Liz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Liz »

Twilight<3 wrote:Sheesh, Chads, took you long enough. When did I tell you to post? Like a month ago?!

Pfft, Chads, you can listen to things that aren't similar. I listen to Muse and then.. Sigur Ros like I had you listen to today. I just find balance. :P

So, does anyone know bands that are similar to Muse? I've heard that people thought Radiohead was. However, I don't see the connection.

Or, no. Since we all like the same band, maybe we would like other bands we listen to, as well. Does anyone else like Arcade Fire, Billy Talent, Sigur Ros, Coldplay, or Queen? Also, I'm asking this because I need to listen to more bands. :)
I LOVE Sigur Ros. Been playing Takk consto lately. I've been a Coldplay fan since Parachutes and I also love Travis. Of course Muse for a several years now - love them! Anyway, I happen to think that Muse is similar to Radiohead - just heavier. I like the Arcade Fire as well - saw them in concert - pretty good. I'm a huge Cure fan, I like Mogwai, Regina Spektor, Fiona Apple, Feist, Hot Hot Heat, Bjork and more. I just love music!!! hehe...but right now, Sigur Ros is definitely getting the most attention from my cd player! :) Oh, what do you think about Mika? It's basically just a lot of fun, but if you like Queen, you might like some Mika stuff too.

Every fight is a food fight, when you're a cannibal.
-Demetri Martin
strawberry
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by strawberry »

Twilight<3 wrote: So, does anyone know bands that are similar to Muse? I've heard that people thought Radiohead was. However, I don't see the connection.

I don´t really see the connection between Muse and Radiohead either.

haha, I have the same problem. At the moment I nearly just listen to Muse.
I like Billy Talent and Queen too but I also love to listen to My Chemical Romance, Blue October, Oasis, Aerosmith, Paolo Nuttini,...

@Liz
yeah, Mika has some great songs. I like Relax, Take it Easy
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Sigur Ros is great. You are only the third person I have met that actually knows who they are. Let alone, listen to them. There was one point where I could not stop listening to Gobbledigook. They are a great and very different band. I do like some of Regina Spektor's music. Especially Fidelity. I haven't really heard many songs by her, though. Nor have I heard much of the other bands you posted. MIKA is pretty fun. I listen to it in small doses. But, yes, MIKA is definitely similar to Queen.

Hmm, I tried listening to Blue October but I find their music boring. I just need to find the right song to listen to. And I also listen to a bit of My Chemical Romance. As for the other bands, I should look into them. :) Seeing as we have a while to wait for the next Muse album, I need to find other bands to occupy my time.

Do any of you watch Lost? I absolutely adore that show and I was really happy when I learned Matt watches that show, too. :P
Liz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Liz »

hehe...Yeah, I listen to the entire með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust way too much, and I LOVE gobbledigook! I doubt I'll ever get tired of that album - I've never tired of listening to any SR album....so you should check out Mogwai, if you haven't. Remind me of SR in many ways. I've been posting links to SR songs in so many threads...people mostly just ignore me. hehe. :roll:

I noticed SM put Kaiser Chiefs and Editors on the Midnight Sun playlist. I love those bands as well!

Every fight is a food fight, when you're a cannibal.
-Demetri Martin
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

með suð í eyrum við spilum endalaust is by far, my favorite album of theirs. Every song on there is amazing. Haha, I know what you mean. I tried doing that at one point but I just gave up. Only people with true music taste can appreciate Sigur Ros. Hmm, Mogwai you say? I have iTunes open so I am going to start looking up bands people suggested on here. Fun, fun.
sammydk
Settled in Forks

Post by sammydk »

Hi everyone :-)
I finally finished Breaking Dawn so now I can participate in the discussions here without being surpriced by spoilers...
I'm a huge Muse fan and I got to see them live last year in Copenhagen. (I'm from Denmark, tiny country, a long way from usa) It was awesome, I've been a fan since they were a small band no one really cared about.
These days I think they mostly do huge concerts, in stadions and such, but here last year they played in Forum, which when crowded, contains about 10.000 people.. Still a lot in my opinion, I prefer smaller gigs where you can get really close to the band, but man it was great. Matt Bellamy is like a devil on the stage, I never ever stop getting impressed on his skills on the guitar and the piano. What a musician.
I must admit though, being a huge fan even, I can't always listen to them. I gotta be in one of my more... specials moods, before being able to listen to them. These current days my favorite songs are Map of the Problematique, Fallling away with you and New Born. When I got sucked into the Twilight universe Muse sort of had a renaisance for me.
I can definitly see why S. Meyer has been so inspired by the Muse universe.
They are like no other, I'm not even sure what you could classify their music as. I can't wait to hear what they'll come up with next!!
She walks in beauty like the night
Hypnotising the silence with her powers
-Suede, DogManStar, Heroine