Star Wars Movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Star Wars Movies

Post by Pel »

Discuss the Star Wars movies here
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Re: Star Wars Movies

Post by Alphie »

Out of curiosity, has anyone seen The Clone Wars animated film? My son is BEGGING me to go see this. Even though I am a die hard SW fan, I cringe at the idea of sitting through this film. If you've seen it, can you tell me if it's as bad as I expect it to be?
CamberXite
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by CamberXite »

^ Its a complete waste of time.
I wouldn't bother with it.
Rubbish from start to finish.
"Burned Beyond Recognition Is What You’ll Be When I’m Finished With You"
The tiger in the foreground has it’s teeth sunk in her throat Image
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

Ugh. That's what I was afraid of. Why would they make a movie that covers a point of time that has ALREADY BEEN COVERED???

Now how do I convince my six year old who is madly in love with all things Star Wars that we don't wnat to see this movie? I don't think I'm going to be able to get out of it. Bah.
Andrea S.
Settled in Forks

Post by Andrea S. »

Alphie wrote:Ugh. That's what I was afraid of. Why would they make a movie that covers a point of time that has ALREADY BEEN COVERED???

Now how do I convince my six year old who is madly in love with all things Star Wars that we don't wnat to see this movie? I don't think I'm going to be able to get out of it. Bah.
You have to explain that it will ruin Star Wars for him, because it isn't true Star Wars. (Which is how I feel about the newer trilogy, but that's a whole different issue...)
"Ms. Meyer has somehow made not having sex seem like the sexiest decision two people can make."

librarybooks
Wandering Through Town

Post by librarybooks »

The reviews for the new movie are TERRIBLE. I feel super guilty not seeing it since I love all things Star Wars.

I will probably wait until the movie on HBO.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

yeah...that animated movie makes me want to stab someone haha.

but either way- the Star wars series are still Da shizz 8-)
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

I love Star Wars and all but The Clone Wars doesn't seem very interesting. It's like it's lacking the Star Wars vibe for some reason.
Psychicpoptarts
Wandering Through Town

Post by Psychicpoptarts »

I am really disappointed that this movie was not well-received. I haven't seen it yet, but, I want to. I don't think it I want to see it in the theater though. I am disappointed that John Williams didn't do the music! I'm not sure of the guys name who DID the music, but he did the music for Walker, Texas Ranger. LOL
BlueStarlight
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by BlueStarlight »

I love the Star Wars series, both trilogies. I have never been more excited to find out the ending of a story (except for BD, of course) as I was when I went to the midnight showing of "Revenge of the Sith." I wanted to see what made Anakin turn to Vader- I was SO not disappointed. I got goosebumps when he took his first breath as Vader and spoke!!

Yeah, the animated version- I think it's just a way to bring the series to kids. They put out the film to kick-off the animated series on Cartoon Network. We saw a preview for the animated series Friday at the movies. I was aware that Lucas was talking of putting out a 100-episode on tv that had none of the main characters, but I wasn't aware of the animated series.