Tim Burton movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
srabrgr
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Re: Tim Burton movies

Post by srabrgr »

Sophie Cullen wrote:Ooh, did you all know that he's making Alice in Wonderland next? Johnny Depp plays the Mad Hatter. It's going to be incredible!!
Seriously? WOO HOO! Lol, Do you know when it is supposed to be released?
"Don't forget those sparklin' day walkers!"
MercuryDoll
Settled in Forks

Post by MercuryDoll »

YAY a Burton thread!!

One of my favourite movies is Edward Scissorhands.
And of course Nightmare, Corpse Bride was beautiful as was Sweeney Todd and I LOVED Johnny Depp in Charlie and the Chocolate factory.

What I find just as exciting as a new Tim Burton film, is seeing how awesome Johnny Depp's performances are. He is so spot on with each of his characters... although Sweeney was a little too Jack Sparrow for my liking... ;)

I don't think anyone has mentioned Ed Wood yet? That movie is great! My partner and I are big fans and have all his films on dvd :D

I cannot WAIT for Frankenweenie and to see what he does with Alice In Wonderland!!

~ Infatuated with the secret of who you could be.. ~Pyrene
AlainaTwilight
Learning to Love Green

Post by AlainaTwilight »

I love Tim Burton movies...My favorite is a tie between Corpse Bride, and Nightmare Before Christmas. But i do like his version of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. :)
Megsimadic
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Megsimadic »

If I were to direct I would do it like Tim Burton. He is a total genius, I love all of his films. Im not sure if I could pick a favourite really.
I missed the open auditions for Alice In Wonderland, which is a damn shame because I would have loved any extra role they offered just to say hi to him haha. Im looking forward to see what he does with it though.
My Youtube - My Livejournal
Private Meg Shinigami of Jasper's Confederate Army

Team Jasper:He is my happy hormone
Team Alice: Because Im short and annoying too!
bittenbyEdwardCullen
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by bittenbyEdwardCullen »

Sophie Cullen wrote:Ooh, did you all know that he's making Alice in Wonderland next? Johnny Depp plays the Mad Hatter. It's going to be incredible!!
Oh woah! Are you serious? He totally changed the whole vibe of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, I can't wait to see what he does with Alice In Wonderland! I bet it's going to be amazing! :D
Liz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Liz »

LOOOOOVE Tim Burton films. Just watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory for like the 20th time today, in fact. Also watched Sweeney Todd the other day hehe. My hubby and I are huge fans...I heard about Alice in Wonderland - so exciting! I've always thought it would fit his style swimmingly! Can't wait!

I've seen all of his movies - love them ALL! ;)

Every fight is a food fight, when you're a cannibal.
-Demetri Martin
Liz
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Liz »

bittenbyEdwardCullen wrote:
Oh woah! Are you serious? He totally changed the whole vibe of Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, I can't wait to see what he does with Alice In Wonderland! I bet it's going to be amazing! :D
Actually, in my opinion, I think he kept his version much closer to the book and the characters as written by Roald Dahl.

Every fight is a food fight, when you're a cannibal.
-Demetri Martin
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

I've only seen The Nightmare Before Christmas and Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street.
well, Nightmare was one of my faaaaaaaavorite movies as a kid and sweeney todd was just crazy.
yep. tim burton is pretty crazy. :)
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Le-Petit-Mort
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Le-Petit-Mort »

Corpse Bride, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory are my all time favorites. :)
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

really? hmm...that will be interesting....*ponders*
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...