Tim Burton movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Re: Tim Burton movies

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

OOOOOO I can't wait for Alice In Wonderland (Burton Style!) I think he always has the best actors/actresses in his movies and Alan Rickman is in another Burton/Depp colab. plus we get Bonham-Carter too! This is like Tim Burton heaven! Too, bad Tim can't splatter Johnny with blood all the time in this one like he did in Sleepy Hollow, Sweeney Todd, ect.

And I noticed that no one has mentioned his short film Vincent :( I personally loved it.

And you all know that Helena was pregnant duringthe filming on Sweeney Todd, right? Wow. The singing, dancing, acting, plus prego! That must have sucked! Oh well, she was still great!
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
SilentHeart
Wandering Through Town

Post by SilentHeart »

Hey!

I absolutly love Tim Burton movies! Corpse Bride was the first I ever saw and I didn't even realise I was watching puppets :o . When I found that out I thought it was too cool. So, CB became my favorite, but I so loved NBC after watching it. I saw it so many times I remember nearly all the lines. And Sweeny Todd was also great. I loved the story (I hadn't seen the play before, but I think it resambles The Count of Monte-Cristo).
I can't wait to see Alice in Wonderland. I don't know why, but I've never liked the book or the movie, so I'm curious what I'll think about this one.
I've also seen Sleepy Hollow, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Edward Scissorhands, Big Fish and read some of his poems. Also fell in love with Vincent and saw Frankensweenie (can't spell it, though :oops: )
I haven't looked around too see what other movies he produced. The ones I mentioned I came across by accident, but I would love to see more. I think he was also involved with Batman, but I really don't like the superhero stuff :roll: Anything I haven't mentioned that I should watch?
I saw someone mention Coraline and I'm probably gonna google it, if I don't forget. As I said, I'd love to see more, but not something too scary (I had no problems with Sweeny Todd, well, cause it wasn't meant to be scarry, but for some reason I had nightmares after watching Sleepy Hollow... and no Johnny Depp in any of them :cry: haha...)
Well, yeah, that's about it.
Hey, after Alice in Wonderland comes out, any idea of what classic you'd like to see, Burton style? :D It's this idea that has been bugging me since I saw this thread, but how would Twilight look if he'd be involved? (erm... maybe it's a boring question :? )
FrighteninLilMonster
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by FrighteninLilMonster »

Sleepy Hollow creeped me out, too. :lol: It was so good, but I was checking over my shoulder every ten minutes looking out for pointy teethed undead men!

No one really mentions Charlie and the Chocolate Factory much... I thought that Tim's version was better than the original, but I may be alone on this view. I don't know; I just love the craziness of his version.

Personally, I'd love to see Tim Burton do Snow White. It's my favourite fairy tale, and imagine what he and Danny Elfman could do to the songs?

I'd love to see him do Twilight! Lets nominate him to direct Breaking Dawn, seeing as it's looking like Eclipse is taken. He'd have a really interesting spin on it, and I can honestly say I've never disliked one of his movies. I'd definitely trust him with Twilight.
'Out of nowhere, she was perched on Jasper's back, her lips at his neck.
Jasper chuckled, shaking his head.
"You truly are one frightening little monster."'
~APPC~
twilightbelle<3
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by twilightbelle<3 »

Alice in Wonderland is my favorite Disney movie, and Tim Burton is like, my favorite director, Johnny Depp is my favorite actor...
I don't think I can wait until 2010. :mrgreen:
ImageImage
E<3B
SilentHeart
Wandering Through Town

Post by SilentHeart »

FrighteninLilMonster wrote:
I'd love to see him do Twilight! Lets nominate him to direct Breaking Dawn, seeing as it's looking like Eclipse is taken. He'd have a really interesting spin on it, and I can honestly say I've never disliked one of his movies. I'd definitely trust him with Twilight.
:lol: Glad to see I'm not the only one thinking it might be interesting. I'm curious if the chance might be presented to him, what he'd say. But I doubt we'll ever see that happening =)
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Burton and Breaking Dawn...hmmm. that would be interesting! haha. I think it would have been awesome if he could have done New Moon what with all the angst and such!
I had nightmares after watching Sleepy Hollow... and no Johnny Depp in any of them haha...)
I actually didn't have any nightmares but if I went into my backyard at night the one tree back there would seriously look like it was from the film...creepy much?! :lol: But that just makes my backyard coolier now!

Ummm...Johnny Depp IS in Sleepy Hollow. :? How could you miss THAT. Not trying to be rude or anything but he was Icabod Crane which is like the main character! Oh well if I didn't know ahead of time I would have never found out that Johnny was in Edward Scissorhands! haha. I mean seriously! Its the ONE movie Tim and Johnny did that I couldn't tell it was him because of all the make-up and that weird hairstyle. :roll:
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Nightmare Before Christmas is just about my favorite movie ever.
List, Gnat ♥
twi-nerd
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twi-nerd »

Whenever I hear of a new Tim Burton movie I always think, "Another movie with Johnny Depp. Are they joined at the hip? Because if they are, Tim Burton made a good choice to be stuck with him." I love Tim and Johnny. I call them Jim Burdepp.
My favorite band Pierce the Veil. I LOVE VIC FUENTES!! Thank you so much Chloe for the banner.
soul alchemist
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by soul alchemist »

That man is a genius for him to create a movie like Nightmare before Christmas!
Jack Skelington (sp? ) is so funny!
The most gorgeous twins in my world.
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

FrighteninLilMonster wrote:Personally, I'd love to see Tim Burton do Snow White. It's my favourite fairy tale, and imagine what he and Danny Elfman could do to the songs?
That would be amazing! I think Snow White is really his "style."

I'd kinda like to see The Wizard of Oz, I think he would add more from the book than the original movie had, and I'd like to see a "darker" version.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee