The Musical Wicked

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: The Muscial Wicked

Post by Spartan »

I've read Wicked and Son of a Witch, they were really good but more adult than I was expecting after seeing the play. I can't really decide but I think I prefer the play, they're so different that I don't really think of them as the same thing. Unlike Harry Potter and stuff.
Fiyero was so very different in the book, I prefer the book one I think. :S
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

the books are definitely much darker. I like the book Wicked better than the play. I think it plays much more into Elphaba going through her life and dealing with being different. The play was good don't get me wrong, but I don't think it got Elphaba's character the way Maguire meant for her to be.
Miista Cullen
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Miista Cullen »

Oh Wicked is awesome!!!

Man they're so good at singing! I was listening to them sing on the Carrolls on Candlelight on prime in Australia and gosh they blew me away!

They are so good!!!

Best group at singing. I hope it's the same wicked you're talking about with some guy from Australian Idol in it???
Hinata Hyuuga:
Image Image Image
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

I read Wicked and didn't like it. I couldn't get tickets when I was in NY, so I don't know wat I'd think. I have heard great things.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
Spartan
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Spartan »

I would most certainly advise going to see it, it is the best Play I've ever seen. :D ( Though Admittedly I haven't seen that many :lol:)

Jen - I agree with you that they didn't quite capture Elphaba's character, but Elphaba was very complex and it would have been weird to put her in a family musical. Fiyero was totally different in the musical, I liked him but it did suprise me how they only really kept his name and that he was Elphaba's lover - everything else about him changed. He was very much .. americanised, if you get that?

I saw something earlier about a third one... :? Is there?
* * Sapere Aude * * Jasper is my Edward : D
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

there is a third one , there is Wicked, the sequel Son of a Witch and Lion Among Men which is the story of the Cowardly Lion. Maguire has also written other books like Confessions of an Ugly Step Sister (Cinderella) and Mirror Mirror (Snow White). If you haven't read any of the other books, I recommend them.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Wicked's coming to my city in the summer and I really want to go see it again!!! But I don't know if I'll get to. :(
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
sarah!
Digging the Castle Motif
Location: Tieing Derek in thunderball, having poke wars with Logan, and woiloping with sam!

Post by sarah! »

They are ssoooo good live!!! WOW!! Idina Menzel and Kristen Chenoweth are amazing :)
ImageImage
BLF-Logan, Twinny-Chels, Jell-o! My Twi-guys-Derek and Logs, Lemur 4 LIFE!
Bluemoonlvr
Settled in Forks

Post by Bluemoonlvr »

AHH i love love love wicked! I know all the songs by heart! And the books are okay but the play is amazing! Thing I dont like about the books are that the keep going and they get boring after a while. But they are good!
Jay to the Nee Image
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

I've never seen it, but my GT Music class sang Dancing Through Life a couple of years ago, and I read the synopsis..it sounds really good, and the song was fun.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee