The Musical Wicked

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Re: The Muscial Wicked

Post by debussygirl »

When I went to see it my cousin was obsessed with the flying monkeys. She said she was going to become one.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
alellie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by alellie »

I watched it during summer break of last year for my birthday, and I absolutely love it! I wish I could've seen the one with the original cast though. It'd be nice to see Idina play Elphaba.
Vampirechick101/Alellie: PICAOS/ Zookeepers to Mr. Panda
Hey There Elizah
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by Hey There Elizah »

i saw this last month for my birthday in atlanta and it was the most amazing thing i have ever seen!!!
I've been Jazzled! Vampire Baseball is sexy! Randomness Regular! <3
Pvt. Elizah Loveless of Jasper's Confederate Army - Stainless Claret!
Wrecking Ball Operator @ EDC, Inc.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Unfortunately it's leaving Los Angeles, so I won't get to see it again for a long time if ever. :( I heard for the last few shows that Idina and Kristen are going to be in them! :o I wanna go sooooo bad!
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

I haven't seen the musical or read the book, but I have the book. Is the musical close to the book? And are the sequels as good? I really want to read it and see it, but I don't know of anywhere near where I live that would show it. I have a little bit of an idea what it's about, but not much.
Hey There Elizah

The musical and the book are way different.

The book is much darker. It's something I would never let my child under 16 or 17 read. There are some pretty graphic sex scenes. The ending is much sadder. The story in the book is not a fairy tale by any means. It will always change the way you look at the Wizard of Oz.

The play is much lighter. It very different but the extraordinary magnitude of the the play overshadows that. Normally I would have picked apart every detailed difference of the play and the book but I was in such aw of the beauty of it that I didn't even care. It was an amazing experience! We are going again next year. It was so good that my boyfriend even liked it... and he is not the musicals type.

Read the book. It won't disappoint.
EdwardsPrincess
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by EdwardsPrincess »

Hey There Elizah wrote:The musical and the book are way different.

The book is much darker. It's something I would never let my child under 16 or 17 read. There are some pretty graphic sex scenes. The ending is much sadder. The story in the book is not a fairy tale by any means. It will always change the way you look at the Wizard of Oz.

The play is much lighter. It very different but the extraordinary magnitude of the the play overshadows that. Normally I would have picked apart every detailed difference of the play and the book but I was in such aw of the beauty of it that I didn't even care. It was an amazing experience! We are going again next year. It was so good that my boyfriend even liked it... and he is not the musicals type.

Read the book. It won't disappoint.

^^Agree completely! The Wizard of Oz was my favorite movie as a kid...still is today! I Have read the books & they are much different than that of the stage.

It definitely does change your outlook on the way you view the Wizard of Oz....though it does answer the question of WHY "Elphaba" aka The Wicked Witch....was so wicked!
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

I have read the book, I loved the Wizard of Oz as a kid and I still love it today...I learned about the book while I was in the hospital from one of my really awesome nurses...I'm reading Son of a Witch right now which is the sequel to Wicked...its pretty good so far...Maguire is a really creative writer to think of these stories from the opposite perspective...I'm hoping to get Confessions of an Ugly Step-Sister for Christmas...I'm also hoping to get tickets to Wicked which is playing in Detroit and Chicago (I live in Michigan so either one works for me) and I know its different from the book but I still think the general story will translate to the stage...I would've seen it sooner but being a completely broke college student things like that don't work out very often!
Hey There Elizah

I didn't like Son of a Witch.
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister was good though.
I was to read his new book A Lion Among Men. It's the third book in the Wicked series.
JenJen2112
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by JenJen2112 »

Hey There Elizah wrote:I didn't like Son of a Witch.
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister was good though.
I was to read his new book A Lion Among Men. It's the third book in the Wicked series.
Yeah I'm getting stuck with Son of a Witch...I'm just not getting into it like I did Wicked...I'm not too far so maybe it will pick up a bit though