Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
TNO
Wandering Through Town

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by TNO »

Well, I saw HBP on Wednesday, and was pleasantly surprised. It was certainly a step up from GoF or OotP, and we got to see more of Bellatrix.
Only thing was they deleted the battle scene and the funeral scene at the end, which was odd and quite disappointing. That, and we didn't get to see "The Other Minister" or Dumbledore terrorizing the Dursleys at the beginning. And of course, Daniel Radcliffe still had blue eyes and a gargantuan neck.
Other than that it was great.
themeadow
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by themeadow »

I thought it was the best one of the 6 so far. Though like you said ^^, they left out a lot towards the end :( . I wanted to see Dumbledore with the Dursleys in the beginning too, but oh well. Bellatrix....lets just say HBC does a great job. She creeps me out! Can't wait to see it in IMAX 3D! :D
These violent delights have violent ends. And in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which as they kiss, consume.
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

My post is riddled with spoilers, so if you don't want to know, don't read further.

Burrow+burning=LAME. Should have cut that out for the epic battle at hogwarts instead. Sad about Bill and Fleur not being mentioned, I loved the part in the book when Fleur says she still wants to marry Bill. The ending was anticlimatic. No Dobby again. :cry: :cry: :cry: I also missed Dumbledore's funeral, although the way they did it in the movie was nice, too, with everyone lighting their wands to make the dark mark go away. I actually really liked that part, but still missed the funeral and the spiderman speech with Ginny. Those were the only things that I think they cut they should have kept in (Dobby they should always keep in because he's awesome like that). I get why they had to get rid of stuff, but those are just the things I think they really should have kept in for the book's sake.
I loved how this one was dark, but not too dark (like the 3rd one, UGH too dark too soon) and I loved the relationships. Wish there had been a tad more Harry/Ginny, since in the book they were official, not just a one kiss.
I cannot wait until DH!!!!! It will be awesome since there'll be 2. I wonder what they'll be called?
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Sannois
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Sannois »

Lot's of different opinions. I saw it todat, I liked it but I can say its not my fave. Too much missing, Agree about the funeral.
It left me flat unfortunatly. I personally like the two before far better, There were some great action scenes in this one, I thought the quiddich match was by far the best yet. I like the book better, this movie left too much out.
Every time I hear thunder, I wonder if Vampires are playing baseball. Alice is my personal shopper
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

So...I saw it again (post rereading the book) again in Minnesota...I LOVED it again!! :D

Yes, I dislike that they left out apparation lessons and Luna's commentary, but that aside, I still believe that this was THE BEST HARRY POTTER FILM!! Please, God! Let The Deathly Hallows(part 1 and 2) be amazing!!
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
Wolf-Girl90
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Wolf-Girl90 »

I actually preferred the fifth film.
I mean, I didn't dislike the sixth film but they left a lot of my favourite bits from the book out such as the important memories. They should have cut out a lot of the "who fancies who" bit and put some more of that in! The whole Harry Ginny thing was badly done as well I thought! Saying that, I did ejoy the Ron/Lavender/Hermione plot.
I loved the cave scene at the end! That was very well done. The inferi were actually quite scary and the lake was exactly how I imagined it.
The fourth film is probably my favourite though!

xoxo
J<3B::Taylor Lautner::Dating Thread::Cymru::Karl = LBF
Banner by ThreeThings
http://-roadkillchic.piczo.com
debussygirl
Joining the Hunt for Enemies

Post by debussygirl »

Oh, I hated the 4th one.
No plot. Only action. No Dobby. Only Neville. :(
It was so empty of all the ins and outs going on. I doubt anyone that didn't read the book actual understood what happened. And, I think that by leaving the elves out, it cut a huge hole in the moral fibers of hp.
Team Edward&Esme~SBS Assistant 2 the Cobosses~APPC
St Cullens Head of Neurology~Tetrarch
Need something to read? Try http://www.jennacooper.com
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

It's been an interesting series for me. My personal favorite books so far have been my least favorite movies... and the worst book has been the best movie. Very odd. PoA is my fav book and that movie was just horrific in how much was left out and unexplained not to mention the agony of a Mexican hairless werewolf with no genitals. Poor Remus. The second fav book is a toss up between HBP and DH. I enjoyed HBP as a movie because Ron and Draco were more like book Ron and Draco than they have ever been. But the rest of it was kind of ... meh. They gave H/G's kiss to Ron and Lav. And Snape... OH! Don't get me going on DD's death and Snape's pitiful reveal of being the HBP and how they cut out his tantrum after Harry called him a coward. Boo.

But OotP, which was such a dull read all in caps lock and chapters that went on needlessly for PAGES (no really, did we even need the chapter called Hagrid's Tale? Couldn't he have just said "BTW this is my brother Grawp" and leave it at that?), was the best movie for me. I think it was Imelda Marcos making me realize just how creepy Umbridge is that made the movie so good vrs the book. I didn't get it from reading the book, but boy was she horrid in that movie... and I mean that in a good way.
The Dark Knight
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by The Dark Knight »

I really like the HBP as a movie. They did cover a lot of the book, a few thing I would like to have seen, the ending was a bit understated for my taste. The OotP was a hard read for me. The movie just missed so many of the scenes I wanted to see. The part that just did the movie in for me was the Wesley Twins escape. The book was awesome there and the film fell way short. Just two minutes more & that could have be great. Oh well, nothing can be done now.

Here's hoping they hit it with DH... Granger as Belletrix, the dragon in Gringots and the epic battle in Hogwarts. darn it, now I can't wait for it to be out...

"Peaces is not the absence of war, but the presence of justice."
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

debussygirl wrote:My post is riddled with spoilers, so if you don't want to know, don't read further.

Burrow+burning=LAME. Should have cut that out for the epic battle at hogwarts instead. Sad about Bill and Fleur not being mentioned, I loved the part in the book when Fleur says she still wants to marry Bill. The ending was anticlimatic. No Dobby again. :cry: :cry: :cry: I also missed Dumbledore's funeral, although the way they did it in the movie was nice, too, with everyone lighting their wands to make the dark mark go away. I actually really liked that part, but still missed the funeral and the spiderman speech with Ginny. Those were the only things that I think they cut they should have kept in (Dobby they should always keep in because he's awesome like that). I get why they had to get rid of stuff, but those are just the things I think they really should have kept in for the book's sake.
I loved how this one was dark, but not too dark (like the 3rd one, UGH too dark too soon) and I loved the relationships. Wish there had been a tad more Harry/Ginny, since in the book they were official, not just a one kiss.
I cannot wait until DH!!!!! It will be awesome since there'll be 2. I wonder what they'll be called?
That's EXACTLY what I think!!!
They said they cut out the battle at Hogwarts because there was one there in DH. But still, they should have put it. The scene I really liked, that almost made me cry, was the scene where Dumbledore died. And everyone raised their wands.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl