Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by roo-roo91 »

Take that as other then that you loved it.
I did.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Edward Cullen Fan
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Edward Cullen Fan »

I loved it. I thought they did very well keeping true to the book.

The explanation of the Deathly Hallows was perfect. I felt so bad for Luna's dad. I just wanted to give him a big hug. And sweet, funny little Dobby. "No, ma'am. I only meant to maim, or seriously injure." The burial scene was just right. So emotional and moving. I loved all the funny parts in there too. Ron worrying over his "wife" and the kiss scene. Hahaha. I also loved when Ron came back, and how Hermione reacted. I think my favorite part was when Harry told Ron, "Just keep talking about that light going into your heart." I cracked up at that one. Oh, Harry. How I love you. :) They ended it perfectly too. The whole theatre groaned when it was over, but I was like, well, WE know what happens. ;)
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I know it's a two-parter and all but there was no climax in the movie. Nothing was really accomplished (except for destroying one horcrux). It just went on and on and on and then it ended with a cliffhangerthat wasn't even that great. The movie had great visual effects and was absolutely hysterical. It had a nice balance between the darker scenes and lighter scenes. Also, Rupert Grint is turning into a fine actor; he was absolutely brilliant in this movie. Just, overall, I wasn't that impressed. I can understand why, though, because the firt half of the book was also really boring. I still have high hopes for the second one, though. They did the first half of the book justice, it's just that the first half of the book was really boring.
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I agree! I know that there's a second part to the movie so not much could happen in part one, but there wasn't very much excitement in the movie! There's was lots of action and great visual effects, but there wasn't anything that made me say "Wow I really need to see part two!"! I expected more from the ending, but I guess it's understandable since not too much can be given away in part one! I thought it was a decent movie though :)!
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

You're forgetting that the first 500 pages of the book which the movie covers are also rather boring. It basically goes Get Harry-->Wedding-->Run Away-->Prolonged Camping Trip in which we sit around on our bottoms and be depressed for 300 pages. That's exactly what the movie does, because that's all that happens for major plot points. Don't worry, the next half will be way more exciting. I suggest you read the books so you actually understand why they split it where they did and what happens next.
Melody
Learning to Love Green

Post by Melody »

Im very excited for the second part! I actually enjoyed the first part... :blush: I thought that it was great how closely they stayed to the book and as said above me, Rupert Grint is amazing! I never really noticed before. I guess now that the main characters were basically alone we could really see their personalilites more.
Loved it! Bring on Part 2!!!!

Team Edward - because real men sparkle ;)
Trainee in "Emmetts Demolition Crew"
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

Yay only ten more days until part two of HP7 comes out :D! I'm soo excited!
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
marielle
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by marielle »

21Twilight21 wrote:but there wasn't anything that made me say "Wow I really need to see part two!"! I expected more from the ending,
I'm not agreeing with you on this!!! When the first part ended I was like "WTF!!! why do they end now!!! I'm missing so much!!!" I really was frustrated that I had to wait 6 months to see the rest!!
dandyvampgirl_13 wrote:basically goes Get Harry-->Wedding-->Run Away-->Prolonged Camping Trip in which we sit around on our bottoms and be depressed for 300 pages
Yeah, but even from that I thought that they showed too little... I mean they didn't show anything of the Harry/Voldemort flash back to Godric's Hollow, they didn't show his fight with Lupin...I liked the movie but I missed a lot...
Melody wrote: Rupert Grint is amazing! I never really noticed before.
yes I think he stepped it up big time for the DH... what I do think is that the script was also a lot better...especially the part in the ministry, although it wasn't Rupert, his voice over and the lines were perfect...

just a week left and it all will end!!! I'm so sad... I hate to watch so many of my favorite characters die... I know for sure I'll be crying like crazy... but i can't wait to see it!!!
These violent delights, have violent endings...Like fire and gunpowder, they consume what they kiss

Respect Team Robsten, Proud addict of the halfway house
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent

Post by 21Twilight21 »

marielle wrote:
21Twilight21 wrote:but there wasn't anything that made me say "Wow I really need to see part two!"! I expected more from the ending,
I'm not agreeing with you on this!!! When the first part ended I was like "WTF!!! why do they end now!!! I'm missing so much!!!" I really was frustrated that I had to wait 6 months to see the rest!!
That's exactly what I'm saying though! I haven't read the books so I know I'm missing out on so much that all of you readers know, but what I'm saying is that I didn't like the way it ended because it left so many questions! I know more will be explained on part two, but it left me wanting answers instead of adding excitement to it! I don't think what I said makes sense lol, but don't get me wrong... I loved part one and I'm excited to see part two on Friday :)!