Harry Potter movies

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
-Jasper
Wishing for a Yellow 911 Turbo
Location: *England* Co-owning dumb hat with Ayan. Watching over y'all and making typos into words. XD

Re: Harry Potter movies

Post by -Jasper »

Movie ... I think at the weekend? If you want to talk now, you could put it in small writing.

It's kind of good that Tom Felton looks sickly and uglier, Draco is heading that way too, leading up to the Deathly Hallows. Either he actually is sick, or it's some kind of make up effect. :lol:

Wow, it sounds like the movie is really good. I can't wait - think I see it Friday, hopefully! I think this movie is going to be the best so far. If the last is done well, it could be really good.
Team Rose | Jeninininini, The List | Tia - Twi-twin | Derek - Twi-Guy
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I heard that
SPOILERS
The Burrow burns down.
In the movie. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen in the books, right?
Also, they mention the Brockdale Bridge in the book, but
SPOILERS
You get to see it break, right?
In any event, I'm very excited.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
*Bloodlust*
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by *Bloodlust* »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:I heard that
SPOILERS
The Burrow burns down.
In the movie. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen in the books, right?
Sure did NOT happen in the book. My friend is convinced that there was too much Bellatrix in the movie. Hahaha it's so ironic. I H-A-T-E-D her in the books more than any other character (she killed my love, Sirius!), and yet...I love Helen Bonham Carter so much, so I love Bellatrix too. Her "cackling" is just too entertaining. Regardless...the film was spectacular. Oh-so-very visually stimulating. Really, just incredibly stimulating for all of my senses! They're still recovering. David Yates...has really improved since movie 5. This piece of work is very impressive. Since no one on here knows me well, I guess you guys don't realize how very strange it is that I'm not whining about this movie and what it left out and how so and so didn't do this or that very well and blah blah blah. I'm really nothing but thrilled! :D

and yes...when can we talk about it without having to use tiny letters? I'd much rather just have a discussion. Technically, there are no "spoilers" if one has read the books :/...
WARNING: EDWARD CULLEN IS NOT EFFECTIVE BIRTH CONTROL! E<3B
CaughtMyself426
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by CaughtMyself426 »

Just back From Half Blood!

Aaaaah!

that being a no giving away any feelings towards the movis sort of 'aaaah'..
Ok I'll just say this .. Ah I love Tom Felton!
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

With the exception of every scene Luna was in, I think Bellatrix skipping around and giggling like a little girl in a field filled with unicorns and pretty butterfiles whilst cursing everyone into oblivion was one of the most entertaining parts of the entire movie. Helen is very good at playing insane... evil.... chicks... And it was epically funny. I was laughing when I shouldn't have been because of her. :lol:

Having just watched an interview of him, Tom Felton looks much better in real life.

And to discuss spoilers we should just PM each other until a certain date, like... a week or two from today, to give all the hardcore fans a week to have seen it. *shrugs* Putting the suggestion up for a concensus?
SethisMine
Official Dog Lover!

Post by SethisMine »

YAY! The movie was good. :D I loved it.
But now I'm TIRED! Not good.... I'm
going to die from sleep deprevation....
ImageImageImage
Survived the Twi-Lex Odyssey
cassis_rose
Changing People's Minds With Jasper

Post by cassis_rose »

How about until a week has past?

Tomorrow is the day I'm watching with my family and cousins! I'm extremely "high" right now. :D The ratings seems good from what I've heard or seen (fans' not critics').
Team Carlisle ~ Cullenist - Hail to Carlisle
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

saw it.
loved it.
actually cried a bit on the way home.
:(
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

I agree Viola, Bellatrix skipping around was one of the most entertaining things of my life. And when Luna had the Spectrespecs, I put mine on, and showed 'em off. :lol:

There were things that disappointed me:
THE REST OF THIS POST TALKS ABOUT HALF-BLOOD PRINCE MOVIE, AND HAS SPOILERS
~ No final battle after Dumbledore died.
~ No Bill or Fleur!
~ Tonks calls Lupin Honey, which means they are dating, which means they mysteriously became enthralled!
~ Dumbledore didn't Petrify Harry before he died.
~ Anyone who didn't read the books would have no idea who Greyback was, they didn't even mention him.
~ Harry and Ginny didn't become "officially" together.
~ Dumbledore had no funeral.
~The Burrow burned.

However, I cried at many parts.
~ Dumbledore's death. I knew it was coming, but I still cried.
~ When the Burrow was destroyed, and Molly cried, that got me.
~ When Dumbledore was drinking the potion. And the Inferi popping up from the water was one of the scariest movie moments of my life!

However, it was the best Potter yet, and I loved it. I'm just a lover of the books, so all my friends were like CALM DOWN and I was like, THEY MISSED SO-AND-SO CHAPTER. If a movie forgets ANYTHING from it's book, I point it out.
All and all, WONDERFUL!
Whew, monster post.
~Derek
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:I agree Viola, Bellatrix skipping around was one of the most entertaining things of my life. And when Luna had the Spectrespecs, I put mine on, and showed 'em off. :lol:

There were things that disappointed me:
THE REST OF THIS POST TALKS ABOUT HALF-BLOOD PRINCE MOVIE, AND HAS SPOILERS
~ No final battle after Dumbledore died.
~ No Bill or Fleur!
~ Tonks calls Lupin Honey, which means they are dating, which means they mysteriously became enthralled!
~ Dumbledore didn't Petrify Harry before he died.
~ Anyone who didn't read the books would have no idea who Greyback was, they didn't even mention him.
~ Harry and Ginny didn't become "officially" together.
~ Dumbledore had no funeral.
~The Burrow burned.

However, I cried at many parts.
~ Dumbledore's death. I knew it was coming, but I still cried.
~ When the Burrow was destroyed, and Molly cried, that got me.
~ When Dumbledore was drinking the potion. And the Inferi popping up from the water was one of the scariest movie moments of my life!

However, it was the best Potter yet, and I loved it. I'm just a lover of the books, so all my friends were like CALM DOWN and I was like, THEY MISSED SO-AND-SO CHAPTER. If a movie forgets ANYTHING from it's book, I point it out.
All and all, WONDERFUL!
Whew, monster post.
~Derek
the fact that those things were missing bothered me too but still you have to think.
they do have a budget and they probably didn't want to make the movie like 3 or so hour long movie.
i actually cried at those parts too.
or rather almost cried.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.