Dr. Who

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Pel
Keeper of the Scepter of Doom

Dr. Who

Post by Pel »

Discuss the series here
Pel

Re: Dr. Who

Post by Pel »

As I worked on putting the forums back I was watching the last four episodes of Dr. Who. I totally cry every time I get to the end of season 4. When Donna's grandfather tells the Doctor that he'll be looking at the sky and thinking of him on Donna's behalf it gets me everytime.
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

I love Dr. Who! My sister and I absolutely flipped when we found out we wouldn't be near a TV for the last two episodes of the season! I have to definitely try to get the DVD's of the series. I think that David Tennent should be the Doctor, for... like ever. Don't you think so?

Catherine Tate, is hilarious. There was a sketch she did for the Comic Relief 2008 on BBC with David Tennent. It was really funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxB1gB6K-2A
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

Pel wrote:When Donna's grandfather tells the Doctor that he'll be looking at the sky and thinking of him on Donna's behalf it gets me everytime.
Wilf deserved his very own ride in the Tardis. He is just so amazing. I really wish I had a grandfather like him. That final scene always brings tears to my eyes!
Pel

Post by Pel »

PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 wrote:I love Dr. Who! My sister and I absolutely flipped when we found out we wouldn't be near a TV for the last two episodes of the season! I have to definitely try to get the DVD's of the series. I think that David Tennent should be the Doctor, for... like ever. Don't you think so?

Catherine Tate, is hilarious. There was a sketch she did for the Comic Relief 2008 on BBC with David Tennent. It was really funny. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxB1gB6K-2A

I love that video! My favorite part is when she asks, "Do you fancy Billie Piper, sir?"
PiXiE_Shopaholic1025
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by PiXiE_Shopaholic1025 »

Pel wrote: I love that video! My favorite part is when she asks, "Do you fancy Billie Piper, sir?"
Haha, yeah that was wicked funny. I loved it when she finished the Sonnet she said, "Bite me alien boy!". I thought that whole sketch was hilarious. I wished that she could use some of that comedic side of her on Dr. Who. That would be funny to see.

When does the next season start?
|| "And I'm a Virgo!" || "This hostage stuff is fun." || ~Forever Switzerland~ ||
mandustries
Learning to Love Green

Post by mandustries »

Bizarre Star wrote:
Pel wrote:When Donna's grandfather tells the Doctor that he'll be looking at the sky and thinking of him on Donna's behalf it gets me everytime.
Wilf deserved his very own ride in the Tardis. He is just so amazing. I really wish I had a grandfather like him. That final scene always brings tears to my eyes!
Doesn't he?

This ending was almost as sad as when Rose was left on the alternate universe in Season 2. Almost.

I loved how everyone from the Dr. Who 'verse was included. I love me some Torchwood too. :)
Banner made by me! Avatar by LJ user lookingtoescape.
I'll never hear thunder the same way again.
Read *Jasper Lurks*--The writings of two Twilighters.
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

mandustries wrote: Doesn't he?

This ending was almost as sad as when Rose was left on the alternate universe in Season 2. Almost.

I loved how everyone from the Dr. Who 'verse was included. I love me some Torchwood too. :)
Sorry, Donna's ending was sadder for me. She was my favorite companion.

I just WISHED there a moment with the Doctor and Ianto. I just wanted ONE moment. I've always hoped Ianto would take a spin in the Tardis one day *dreamy sigh*
Sarah3000
Settled in Forks

Post by Sarah3000 »

Yep, Donna is definitely the best side-kick. I used to prefer Martha, but she lost it for me when she became a soldier - she lost all of her heart. Donna has the best mixture of comedy and emotion. She blew me away in the episode where we saw what would have happened had she turned left at the crossroads (sorry, can't remember the name of the episode). And how awful was it that she couldn't say goodbye to the Doctor in the final episode? So sad.

I'm voting for Wilf as the next side-kick. :mrgreen:
Bizarre Star
Wandering Through Town

Post by Bizarre Star »

Sarah3000 wrote:Yep, Donna is definitely the best side-kick. I used to prefer Martha, but she lost it for me when she became a soldier - she lost all of her heart. Donna has the best mixture of comedy and emotion. She blew me away in the episode where we saw what would have happened had she turned left at the crossroads (sorry, can't remember the name of the episode). And how awful was it that she couldn't say goodbye to the Doctor in the final episode? So sad.

I'm voting for Wilf as the next side-kick. :mrgreen:
*laughs* The episode where she turns left... it's called Turn Left.

I don't think Martha lost all her heart, I just think she just grew up in the worst possible way. I mean, she traveled the whole planet alone, saw her family tortured, and no one knows besides the Doctor, Jack, and her family because of the whole "Year that Never Happened" thing. She's war damaged. She is a soldier now. BUT she is still on the good side. She's using her knowledge and strength to protect the Earth the only way she can.