Recommended Music

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Re: Recommended Music

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Oh, I've already stolen like half your pics of Trav... they're magical. How the CRAP do you get that close, and still take good pics?!?!?!

Forgive Durden is awesome. Razia's Shadow is a musical, though, so you have to like that sort of thing, but when you listen to the story line behind it, its beautiful. The End And The Beginning makes me cry almost. *sighs* Can't wait till my school puts it on...

Got The Morning Light from Rhapsody, too.... Need Sing It Loud and Hit The Lights... have to check out GWG...
And I have a serious thing for Don't Trust Me- 3!OH3. its hillarious. Course, its the only song of theirs I have.... maybe I'll get the other ones, but they do swear a lot...
Bella_Cullen_13
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Bella_Cullen_13 »

There was no barriers at that venue, & I just sat & stood behind the amps most of the time (I moved after Alex DeLeon stepped on me haha)

Ohh. I dont think Id like them.
Can you send me The Morning Light? (some of my versions arent that good)

& Youd sooo love Sing It Loud.

Get Punk B!tch & Colorado Sunrise from 3OH!3
Some of Family Force 5 is good too, only if you really like 3OH!3 though.

The Dangerous Summer's okay too, Im really only in love with one song that Mr. Alex Gaskarth sings on - but Im learning to love them.

More-
Cash Cash
The Audition
Boys Will Be Boys
A Rocket To The Moon (I absolutely love him)
& Im also obsessed with Panic At The Disco because my friend provoked me.
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Air Supply! I have recently found out that I love their stuff thanks to ashel-13 on ff.net! Along with Queen and other 70's and 80's stuff. I usually only listen to 50's, 60's and stuff from today but, I listened to some of their stuff and its awesome!
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
navarre
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by navarre »

If anyone wants excellent classical piano - I recommend Michele McLaughlin and Stephan Moccio.

Michele has beautiful Christmas music. "Christmas - Plain and Simple" is unreal. But her other stuff is just a lovely.

Otherwise, I grew up in the 70's and that entire decade of Rock-n-Roll was unmatchable as far as I'm concerned.
Blue Oyster Cult
Steely Dan
Deep Purple
Boston
Fleetwood Mac
Uriah Heep
Alice Cooper
Old Rolling Stones
The list goes on & on.
Paranormal/Romance/Adventure Addict
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

If anyone likes My Chemical Romance then check out this band called I Am Ghost.

Just go to youtube and look them up. They're great!
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
bodysnatcher
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by bodysnatcher »

REGINA SPEKTOR.

uh-mazing. her lyrics are so thoughtful, and they never mean what you think they do. Like her song "Us" sounds like a love song, but it's actually about immigration. If you're interested in Indie, Alternative, witty, meaningful, deep MUSIC, she's the first person I'd reccomend.
"and the boy loved the tree"
Bella_Cullen_13
Touched By Cold Hands

The Goodnight Anthem
Stereo Skyline
The Summer Set
Artist Vs Poet
Valencia
This Providence
Midtown (haha)
The Friday Night Boys
Evan Taubenfeld
Danger Radio
Boys Will Be Boys
The Audition
Mercy Mercedes
Nevershoutnever!
DunnerheartsTwilight
Being Tortured by Jane
Location: Postaholic. Vampirizing Sarah, Emo Tee-angers! DSCL 4 LIFE

Post by DunnerheartsTwilight »

Anything Marianas Trench
Prom Queen~Lil Wayne
Alwats~Sum 41
Africa~Karl Wolf
On A Boat~ The Lonely Island
1,2,3,4~ Plain White T's
APPC~Party Manager.Leo~Volturi
Cosimo Tagliano~Jamie-Drake.On The List. Seth-Team Jake
Bella_Cullen_13
Touched By Cold Hands

Nevershoutnever!
The Scene Aesthetic
Danger Radio
John Ohh's solo project(:
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

Anything by Blue October, Placebo or Fefe Dobson. Blue October and Placebo both have some mild drug allusions and Blue October cusses a bit, but not enough to distract from the overall feel of the song

If you can stand a little profanity and innuendo then PORCELAIN and the tramps, Mindless Self Indulgence.

And the Medic Droid if you like mindless noise to rock out to.

Some of my other favorites are Metro Station, All-American Rejects, Jack Off Jill, and Snake River Conspiracy.

Zeromancer is also really good, though it's a bit darker than the American rock that's popular right now. Rehab is also really good but they make drug refferences, sexual innuendo and cuss. So basically it's how clean do you want your music and how much can you put aside to just enjoy the song.

My friend is in LOVE with Hollywood Undead but I can barely stand them, I abhor rap with a passion.

Regina Spektor has a really wide vocal range, and fairly amusing songs. Head Automatica and Hey Monday are some of my other favorites. But Blue October is for me what Muse is for Stephenie
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.