Johnny Depp

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry
Location: Somewhere in Vegas having and argument with Riley Reynolds.

Re: Johnny Depp

Post by sachael »

yeah.. he's very versatile and he does good on whatever character he chooses..
movie's title is ED WOOD. well hope you see it.. it's quite a funny movie..
(and it's true to life.. )
ImageImage
Team J.ActionTwinnie:TillyWhitlock
A PROUD RANDIE and LEXLING
I Speak My Mindand i tweet too!
Dovrebanen
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by Dovrebanen »

I saw Ed Wood a long time ago. A strange character.

Alice in Wonderland appears to be one if his weirdest parts so far :D
Rob's Halfway House ~ Team Edward ~ Cullenist ~
Ishbel
Wandering Through Town

Post by Ishbel »

I'm a HUGE Johnny Depp fan !
Although I'm a bit apprehensive about the new adaptation of Alice in Wonderland he's done with Tim Burton as the film which was made in 1999 ( http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0164993/ ) was one of my favourite films growing up (and because Ben Kingsley as the caterpillar is one of the best ideas ever) so I'm worried that it won't live up to that film.

also is it just me of does Depp resemble Mickey Rourke a creepy amount here : http://twitpic.com/7rq28
Which character would you most like to meet?
I can't really pick one but its a cross between Rauol Duke (Fear and loathing), Rochester (libertine) and Jack Sparrow - just because they're such weird characters.

Which character would you NEVER even want to know is real, much less meet?
Definitely Sweeney Todd (although Sweeney Todd was real =/ ) or Willy Wonka .
Team Seth
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Ishbel, OMG! He does look like Mickey in that picture...which is just creepy! Although, if you watch all the DVD extras for Sweeney Todd (which I have, as well as read books on the character) Sweeney Todd may not have been a real person. There is still much debate about it. And The Libertine! I completely forgot about that movie. And I grew up watching THIS version of Alice in Wonderland...even though it is 9 years older than me.

Although I have seen all 3 version (soon to be 4) the only way I could ever tell them apart was that there was the cartoon version, the pink dress version, and the yellow dress version. Which makes me wonder....will Tim stick with the original BLUE dress (as he sometimes likes to stick to the original of some things) or will he do his own take on it. All I know is that I would bet anything that the socks will be balck and white stripes since that is his trademark. :D

Trine~Yes, I have noticed the erm...very odd make-up and costume he has on for those test screen shots, but I am wondering maybe its the lighting that makes it look soooo much weirded than usual Tim Burton style? And Tim usually goes with what I like to call 'goth lighting' (i.e., Sweeney Todd, Sleepy Hollow) and when using that type of lighting the make-up doesn't show up that bright (i.e., Sweeney Todd DVD extras).

So, what do you think Tim will do about the color of Alice's dress? And which Alice in Wonderland did you grow up watching?
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by sachael »

Dovrebanen wrote:I saw Ed Wood a long time ago. A strange character.
Alice in Wonderland appears to be one if his weirdest parts so far :D
Trine, yeah... Ed wood... strange indeed (was tagged as worst directors of all time! :lol: )
and that mad hatter pic.. INDEED one of the weirdest characters... and i think more interesting too... ( i really think him and time are good partners.. not to mention helena bonham carter... )

Ishbel: yeah creepy.. mickey rourke... and yeah i heard that sweeney todd is real but no one can prove it yet. ah well..

ashley: (did i remembr your name right?)
I think Tim will think out of the box.. and as i read.. Tim's Alice in wonderland will be alice.. being 17 returning to wonderland.. so i think it's different...

and who's ready to see Public Enemies on July 1??? *raises hands*
(i heard he'll be cross dressing there AGAIN. hehehe )
ImageImage
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Yes, you got my name right this time. :lol:

I have come here because a member of Rob's Halfway House posted this pic of him as The Mad Hatter over on said thread and seeing as it hasn't been posted here yet, I figured you all haven't seen it. :D

Hmmm....I heard it was just a remake of Alice in Wonderland...if its really going to be about Alice falling down the rabbit hole again...that shall be interesting.

*raises hand and jumps up and down* I am! I'm ready to see Public Enemies. But I will be in Pennsylvania until the 3rd of July so I will miss the opening day. (Boo!) Plus I have to tell my mum to tell my great-grandmother that its okay for me to see since its rated R. *mumbles about stupid rating* I have seen plenty of rated R movies before, yet my great-grandmother still insists on having permission from my mum. Grr. Oh well. Just an extra step that I must take to get a ticket for the film.
Fan Fiction Addict•The Halfway House and Brute Squad Member•Banner/Signature OCD
Team Edward•JazzGirl's Official MiniMe•Cullenist•Keeper of the Names•Hatter Obsessed
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by sachael »

aaww.. actually i got lucky and it's my night off on july 01... wooooottt...!!! (and yay! i got your name right... and having probs with R rating? how old are you?!)

and i just saw a johnny depp interview on E!News and he said that he paints... *sigh* what more can we ask for...
the mad hatter looks awesome.. but i kinda find it... creepy...
ImageImage
♥midnight_sun♥
Riding in the Rabbit

Post by ♥midnight_sun♥ »

Yeah, its a bit creepy but that's a Johnny Depp/Tim Burton colab. for ya!

And, I heard somewhere that Helena Bonham-Carter was also going to be in it? As one of the queens I think....and that Ann Hathaway was the other queen? Ann+Tim=erm...interesting.

I am 15 by the way...so seeing his movies while in theaters is a bit harder for me, but I manage.
Ishbel
Wandering Through Town

Post by Ishbel »

♥midnight_sun♥ wrote:Ishbel, OMG! He does look like Mickey in that picture...which is just creepy! Although, if you watch all the DVD extras for Sweeney Todd (which I have, as well as read books on the character) Sweeney Todd may not have been a real person. There is still much debate about it. And The Libertine! I completely forgot about that movie. And I grew up watching THIS version of Alice in Wonderland...even though it is 9 years older than me.

So, what do you think Tim will do about the color of Alice's dress? And which Alice in Wonderland did you grow up watching?

Ah I always assumed he was real, even if he wasn't a specific person it wouldn't shock me if there had been people selling "strange meat" to customers back then really.

I'm hoping that he sticks with the Blue dress like it was originally but you never know he could completely put his own twist to it.
Team Seth
sachael
Cliff Diving with Embry

Post by sachael »

well i think they'll do a blue and white dress..
First Look

yeah tim and johnny team up always gives me the creeps... but all of them are awesome! hehe
and you're 15? and a johnny depp fan? WOW!! and good job on sneaking in to see his R rated films hahha :P
ImageImage