Classical music

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Re: Classical music

Post by Sydflower »

Oooh. Ive been looking for this thread lol. I love classical music. Its so relaxing.. It takes up all the room on my iPod and theres no room for Dane Cook! I love the piano.. it is so interesting and I wish I could play it! I really can't pick a favorite! I do love Chopin (I named a fish after him and it died, I was so sad) and Debussy a lot. Strings are also a favorite of mine. Beethoven is really good.. I have such a wide variety I can't name them all. I like Georges Bizet.. he isn't very old but I love L'arlésienne and Carmen. I found Vocalise by Rachmaninov on iTunes and like that, if you haven't heard it you should hear it! I like Bach and Vivaldi is fun...I am not going to go into detail about each composer because then I would have like 14 posts on one thread lol. Ugh.. cant name them all because I would be typing forever!
museicalking
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by museicalking »

Sydflower wrote:Oooh. Ive been looking for this thread lol. I love classical music. Its so relaxing.. It takes up all the room on my iPod and theres no room for Dane Cook! I love the piano.. it is so interesting and I wish I could play it! I really can't pick a favorite! I do love Chopin (I named a fish after him and it died, I was so sad) and Debussy a lot. Strings are also a favorite of mine. Beethoven is really good.. I have such a wide variety I can't name them all. I like Georges Bizet.. he isn't very old but I love L'arlésienne and Carmen. I found Vocalise by Rachmaninov on iTunes and like that, if you haven't heard it you should hear it! I like Bach and Vivaldi is fun...I am not going to go into detail about each composer because then I would have like 14 posts on one thread lol. Ugh.. cant name them all because I would be typing forever!
i agree to every word of this post.
love classical music
i cant live without it!
Team Emmett- EDC, Inc. Emmett Demolition Crew.
Team Rosalie- Every Rose has its Thorns
Team Alice- Seeing the Future Since 1901
<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3TWLIGHT<3
PhoenixWhitlock
Wandering Through Town

Post by PhoenixWhitlock »

I love classical music. I do have to agree that it's very relaxing. For instance, when I play the piano, my hyperactive puppy falls asleep.

My favourite composers will have to be Bach and Mozart.
Itzhak Perlman is a fantastic violinist, also.
If you have time, watch this.
He is great. :D
alice_is_my_homegirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by alice_is_my_homegirl »

Debussy's Clair de Lune
Palchelbel's Cannon in D
Beethoven's Fur Elise and Symphony #9
The Nutcracker
Team Edward: Bringing Sexy Back Since 1901!
Dorito
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by Dorito »

Classical is great to listen to reading, as I've picked up on doing while reading the first book, due mainly to the scene in Edward's bedroom and his CD collection. I didn't really listen to the genre until getting into Twilight. Clair de Lune is amazing, as is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

I never really played music younger, although the times I'd go to my mom's work - a nursing home, they had this piano. With nothing to do, it was intriguing to play, given I had no idea what I was doing. Unfortunately no one there, particularly the residents, seemed to know how to play, or if they did they didn't volunteer to help teach me. Of course my school never had a piano so I couldn't really have gotten into it there, or perhaps I would have.
I'll be your Edward if you'll be my Bellas
jacobblacksgirl
Jump Starting Bella's Truck
Location: Riding motocycles with Jacob........Cliff diving with Jacob, Embry, Quil, and Sam

Post by jacobblacksgirl »

I love classical music, I love bethooven and Mozart....I even love the classical piano
I got my werewolf boy.
Sydflower
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by Sydflower »

Lol, is it a bad thing that I know the background music to the Reeses commercial?? The Planets: Jupiter, by Gustov Holst. Haha.. I actually saw the symphony perform that :)
SilentHeart
Wandering Through Town

Post by SilentHeart »

I've never listened to a lot of music, but somehow I really want to learn piano now. I found my old keyboard (toy keyboard that is) and I saw a few tutorials on youtube and today I finally put both hands together and played the first part of River Flows In You (it's not that much, but I've been really happy about it :D). And since this new hobby of mine that started 3 months ago, I've listened to a lot of classical music, especially piano. I'm really enjoying myself trying to find out the story each song tells. So far, I can recognise most of Beethoven's, Chopin's, Debussy's and Pachelbel's works on piano. I don't really know what else to listen to, so if you know any songs (are they called songs? still new to this I'm afraid) that you like, I wouldn't mind some suggestions :D
Mrs.TeddyBear
Playing Thunderball

Post by Mrs.TeddyBear »

I LOVE classical music. I recently got VERY into Yiruma, but before that I was always listening to Mozart and Debussy. I cant pick fave compositions because I love them all so much!

I wish I could play the piano, but its too hard for me :( However, i do play the violin in my schools chamber orchestra! So that gives me my classical fix whenever I need it, & its very stress relieving to have a period where you just sit down and play beautiful music.
APPCShopper|Mafia~GabbyTagliano
AntoinetteFrost~JCA|TeamEdward&Esme|EDCCS|2ICofRJR
EDCBackhoeOperator|GarageCheerCpt&2IC|SBSLevel1Bodygaurd
Jazzy'sgirl112108
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Jazzy'sgirl112108 »

I absolutely love Yiruma! My favorite songs are River Flows in You, Kiss The Rain, Love Me, Maybe, and Do you... if you haven't heard him, i'd suggest you go listen to him right now! you don't know what you are missing ,they are so beautiful and graceful and pretty
same, same, same!!! his music is flowy, yet modern!! river flows in you got me started. but i dont think theres a twilight fan that hasnt heard it. if not, do it NOW!!! it should've been bella's lullaby......the one they put was a bit too dark for a lullaby in my opinian....is it just me??
Betting on Alice.