Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by Ally_Cat »

gamb1t wrote:Just the fact that he changed the pronunciation of names made me angry from the start because it was like MNS was saying I'm making this my own story and disregarding everything done in the TV show. Once everyone has a chance to either see it or decide not to we should be able to have a good discussion about the movie lol.
Thats how I felt about the pronunciations and story too - every one in the theater was correcting the actors. I was also wondering why I was confused about where in the story we were when it's based off a show I seen in full multiple times. He is contracted for 2 more but I hope they fire him - how can he go home to his kids who are fans.
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

Ally_Cat wrote:
Thats how I felt about the pronunciations and story too - every one in the theater was correcting the actors. I was also wondering why I was confused about where in the story we were when it's based off a show I seen in full multiple times. He is contracted for 2 more but I hope they fire him - how can he go home to his kids who are fans.
Ugh I'm still mad about the movie. I had such high expectations, even after reading critics reviews because honestly, what do critics know. I know that trying to condense a season with ~20 episodes means cutting some stuff, but not completely changing most of the story around to fit your needs. I thought Jackson did a pretty good job as Sokka, granted he didn't really get a chance to shine in the role, which really made me mad because some of the best moments in the series are when Sokka says/does stuff. Which really made me mad since they edited out the Kiyoshi warrior scenes. However, the only other person I liked in their role was the guy who played Iroh. He wasn't short and fat, but his mannerisms reminded me a lot of Iroh from the show. So, what did everyone else hate (I can keep going on but will keep it short for now) and like?
ImageImageImageImage
BabyEsme2203
Learning to Love Green

Post by BabyEsme2203 »

WOW i had no IDEA that so many twilight fans also liked this show :D I AM NOT ALONE WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Image Image
LemonLegend
Settled in Forks

Post by LemonLegend »

I LOVE AVATAR THE LAST AIRBENDER SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH THAT IT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!

Go Team Zuko, he's awesome!!!! Oh yeah, and Sokka, because he's just a guy with a boomerang!!!!!

I watched all the 3 seasons/books in a span of three, I repeat, three days!!!!!!! :!: :D :o

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE MOVIEEEEEE!!!!!!!

(This is really exciting because I thought everyone hated that show!!!!????) :!: :!: :!: :D :D :D :o
To get my username, I somehow managed to mix my favorite band, The Beatles, with my love for lemons. Get it, LemonLegend instead of LennonLegend??!!! Mwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! Yes, i'm a genius. Thank you, i'll be here all week.
roo-roo91
Taking Nature Lessons from Jacob

Post by roo-roo91 »

You people should be grateful there is a movie.
Get over it, movies change s*** big whoop.
Be happy there is a movie.
Look at the Harry Potter movies, they change plenty of things.
And people hold it in and leave complaints alone.
Every freaking movie changes things.
It's life.
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

roo-roo91 wrote:You people should be grateful there is a movie.
Get over it, movies change s*** big whoop.
Be happy there is a movie.
Look at the Harry Potter movies, they change plenty of things.
And people hold it in and leave complaints alone.
Every freaking movie changes things.
It's life.

Not trying to start an argument, but there are a lot of differences between Harry Potter and Avatar. Avatar had a visual source material to go off of (the anime), along with a pretty much "guide" on how to portray certain things visually and in the story. The entire world of Harry Potter had to be imagined visually and adapted to script. As far as people holding it in about the Harry Potter movies, you obviously haven't ever been around any of the HP fan sites when the movies come out because it is a lot worse than just the few people complaining here about this movie (and the HP movies are watchable). What if during the entire Harry Potter movie series, they changed Harry's name to Herry or something? People would be livid, just as people are complaining about this movie. As far as changing the entire story and adding/changing a lot of scenes, the Harry Potter movies aren't really guilty of that for the most part (more guilty about leaving out certain things, etc) (Well, minus the fifth and sixth movies--but they are still watchable after the changes). I've still yet to read one person who thoroughly enjoyed watching the Avatar movie that was a fan of the anime or even those who had never watched the anime, and that's not how it should be. The Harry Potter movies will go down as "classics" as far as kids movies are concerned due to the circulation of the books in the future; however, people 5 years from now probably won't even be able to find the The Last Airbender movie unless it's at someone's garage sell. It's hard to please everyone when making these movies, but could you imagine what would have happened if the twilight series movies were as big of a flop as TLA, oh jeez...riots worldwide lol.
ImageImageImageImage
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Oh, shush up, Chels. We have our right to complain, and hopefully enough yelling will make it fizzle out, like Eragon did.
Actually, Avatar and Eragon are pretty comparable. You know, in terms of suckiness. But I think gamb1t put up a good arguement.

I was going to post my review a while ago, but I had it all finished and I was about to post when my computer froze and lost it all. So I didn't bother to write it again.

Thing I hated most about the movie: Katara's lack of proper hair loopies. She had little braids hanging straight down, not loopies. That's just sad.
Then, you know, it's followed by everything elses general suckishness. Mispronounciations, bad acting, no sense of humor, too compliated bending, screwing around with the basic plot...
I still wonder why they have to make this big *wildly flails arms in five different directions a whole bunch* to make a little ball of water float in the air whereas in reality, Zuko could crook his pinkie and a big burst of flame could come shooting out. Speaking of fire bending though, why do firebenders need to use already existing sources of fire to bend? The fire comes from freaking within themselves, fueled by their emotions! They don't need to have it already waiting for them, its just vaguely more useful if its there!
And they should have let Jackson be more funny. I still don't know if he's a good actor or not because all he's had are crappy, humorless parts.

Good things about the movie: Katara still pisses me off cuz she's so lightforsakenly flaming hopeful. At least they got that right.
roo-roo91

Post by roo-roo91 »

better idea.
discuss the show instead.
if the movie brings complaints.
:roll:
Gamzee is best troll; Dr.Facilier is best Disney villain, Dimitri is best Cooper gang member. They all are associated with purple. That is awesome.
The girlie-wolf
Veggie-Vampire

Post by The girlie-wolf »

I'm in love with the show. It's one of the best cartoons ever. I always watch it with my dad.
My favorite charecters are Toph and Katara (sm) and I wanna be an earth bender like Toph :D

Saw the movie 3 days ago when it first got out. I loved it but the fire nation sucked. Zuko and Zao espcially. -sigh*
Shai~ on the ListV2! ~Bunches of teams~ Team Quil-Alpha
roo-roo91

Post by roo-roo91 »

I hate Zao.
But I love Zuko. :lol: