Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Carrisa
Officially Bitten!
Location: Gushing over my favorite couple while obsessing over various other fandoms

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by Carrisa »

Huh, the cast is completely opposite of their cartoon counterparts. And I certainly hope the depressed and serious look on Aang's face is a temporary thing. I don't want to watch a movie with an emo Avatar when I'm used to one that smiles and enjoys himself despite the world resting on his shoulders and such.

Katara looks much too young to me.... And shy and not at all the type to yell or remain hopeful. She looks shy and easily disheartened. Hopefully, the actor (forgive me, I don't know who she is) will prove me wrong. And Jackson looks scary to me, I don't know why. It's kind of... freaky.

As for Zuko, can't complain much. I liked him in the show, don't get me wrong, but he wasn't one of my favorite characters. Though I was hoping for improvement on the scar....

Now I'm left to wonder about the rest of the characters. I hope they turn out a bit better than the main four.
"Got it memorized?"
Visit me on Gaia Online if you would like: http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/Mina_May
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

*le gasps*
Who are they gunna get to play Uncle Iroh?!? He was the funniest character next to Sokka!
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

This guy named Shaun Toub. I've never heard of him but here is his IMDb page

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Ooooooooooooooooohhhh. He plays the scientist in the beginning of Iron Man who helps Tony build his suit and then dies. I like him, he should be good. I hope he likes tea.
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

He's playing Iroh?!?!
I hope he can do the part.
Is there a Toph?
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Toph isn't introduced till Book 2, remember?
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

Right.
:oops: :oops: Sorry.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

*shocks thread with a defilbarator* LIVE!

So, who was epically excited over that new trailer these past few weekends? I know I was!
I don't think I'll be seeing this movie for the guys, since there aren't any good looking ones (I mourn the loss of pretty-Zuko) but that fighting was freaking bad backside! Aang kicks total butt- without using his feet! Its awesome. I'm excited.
best_beating_heart
Frozen in Time

Post by best_beating_heart »

I was!!!
I like totally yelled over the trailer... and totally freaked out my cousin and brother.
:D
I'm sooo excited too.

TM~Maria Dina Corozzo
Teams:Alice, Emmett, Esme, Renesmee, Volturi~Athenodora, JCA~Aubrey Santi~SC
gamb1t
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy

Post by gamb1t »

I have such high hopes for this movie. Avatar was such a good anime....I'm just worried Sham will mess it up, which he kinda has a habit of doing. Also, I have to agree with the above posts about how I don't really connect with any of the cast choices....BUT nevertheless, this latest trailer got me excited so I can't WAIT!
ImageImageImageImage