Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by twilightmom »

QOTD: Who would I most like to see?

You didn't list Uncle Iroh as a main character (which I think he would be?) But I LOVE Iroh and look forward to seeing him.

It's probably been mentioned before - but do we know the plot/time line of this movie? I'm assuming it will be before the "grand finale" so I am excited to see Azula, Mai and Ty Lee. Also, Bumi - some old guy kicking major butt!! And any of the past Avatars and Spirits.
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
therealmrswhitlock
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by therealmrswhitlock »

They better have that little blind earthbender girl, I can't remember her name. Toph? Was that it? She really kicked butt! She was one of my favorites!
Left my heart on the Gen Y thread....<3 my Lexily!
How could anyone say no to this face? Awww....
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

omg yeah i forgot, Iroh! hes my favorite lol. they are all my favorite! but i Was thinking main character as in who they definitely cant leave out of the movie, sadly enough they could potentially leave Iroh out (I'm sure they wont, but you know movies these days...)
I'm not sure about the plotline yet..Ive heard a rumor that they were combining all three books into one movie and another that each movie will be one of the books and will just focus on aang learning a new bending form. I think the whole firelord storyline will stay about the same though...
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

therealmrswhitlock wrote:They better have that little blind earthbender girl, I can't remember her name. Toph? Was that it? She really kicked butt! She was one of my favorites!
Yes! She is most definitely my favorite as well. They better choose wisely or I will personally give them a piece of my mind. :roll:
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Ifeellikerain wrote:omg yeah i forgot, Iroh! hes my favorite lol. they are all my favorite! but i Was thinking main character as in who they definitely cant leave out of the movie, sadly enough they could potentially leave Iroh out (I'm sure they wont, but you know movies these days...)
I'm not sure about the plotline yet..Ive heard a rumor that they were combining all three books into one movie and another that each movie will be one of the books and will just focus on aang learning a new bending form. I think the whole firelord storyline will stay about the same though...
If they are going to stick close to the storyline of the animated series, then I feel leaving out Iroh would be a great disservice! He is the conscious for Zuko and guides him on the right path. Zuko wouldn't have made it without Iroh. I *suppose* they could leave him out, but it would ruin the story. Iroh was so important to Zuko's life, training and choices.

Toph is also critical - she is Aang's earthbending master. BUT, again, they could pretend that Aang is "born" with the knowledge of all four elements - he doesn't need to learn them... It would be a sad change to the story, but once again I *suppose* they could do it. It would upset me greatly; however.
WhiteRabbit
Settled in Forks

Post by WhiteRabbit »

Has anyone else watched the very end of this series??

I accidentally watched it the other night. I've seen bits and pieces of it but I was waiting for it all to be released on DVD so I could watch it in chronological order and follow the whole story properly.
Then the other night my boyfriend was looking up tv shows for us to watch and he put on avatar without realising that we were watching like the last 2 or 3 episodes of the whole show!
I mean, it was awesome to watch but I was so sad afterwards because now I know everything that happens.

Has anyone else watched it and if so, what did you think??
Also, is it the end or are they making more?

FEED YOUR HEAD
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I currently have every volume of every book I can get on hold at the library....
But I'm not sure I should read this thread so I'm not spoiled!
But don't worry, no need for spoiler alerts. I don't mind that much, at least for this.

I still only now like half the plot....
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

I have seen the whole series and watched the series finale last summer when it aired. But I haven't seen it since. I also own the complete series on DVD. I"m currently watching the whole series with my 5-year old son. We are about 1/3 into season 2.

I really enjoyed the way the series ended. I think that it wrapped up nicely without compromising the morals and values of Aang. It also left room for a future. I don't want to get into a lot of detail for those that haven't seen it. Plus, it's been several months since I've watched myself!
blasphemous_contessa
Working in the Garage with Jacob
Location: The library...or work...course if I was at work I wouldn't be online, so I must be at a library

Post by blasphemous_contessa »

OOOOOOVE AVATAR. For the longest time that was the only thing I regularly watched on TV. I'm pleased with the way it ended, they didn't cut it off early or try to change anyone. I was a little worried about Zuko for a while in there, but overall liked it.

They are making a movie now? What would the movie be about, the clean up and aftermath? The relationships tha have sprung up during the war? And also, since Aang is the Abatar and there are no airbenders for him to breed with what would his children be? Do they ever mention "mixed" children in the show?
That one's for Ianto. Risen Mitten, Life Knife, and that old classic...Stun Gun.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

blasphemous_contessa wrote: And also, since Aang is the Abatar and there are no airbenders for him to breed with what would his children be? Do they ever mention "mixed" children in the show?
I don't know that we've ever been witness to a child with two different benders as parents, but we do know that not all children possess bending skills (although it seems much more common in Fire and Earth than Water). I suspect that Aang and Katara's children would be either an air or water bender. Even though Aang can master all 4 elements, I don't think that he could have an offspring that can bend earth or fire. And only the Avatar can master more than one element.