Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Renesmee101
Helping Mike to Get a Clue
Location: on a stage infront of a sold out Madison Square Garden, mic in hand, singing my heart out.

Re: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Post by Renesmee101 »

I'm so glad I found this thread, and see that other people like this show as much as I do! lol. I've always felt like a complete dork for loving this show so much, but its just so interesting. Anyway, I'm not too thrilled about the movie, I just don't think it's gonna go over very well.

About the bending prefrences: I'd love to fire bend, or water bend. Water bending because I've always loved water (gosh, I sound so lame) and how smooth it is, and fire bending because fire is so sensual, and it'd be craziness to be able to manipulate such a stong force.
Team Turtle: Thats how we roll
Skank Pack: Taylor's "V"
Dork Squad
Check out Team Taycob!! http://teamtaycob.webs.com/
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Don't feel like a dork! Its one of the best shows Nick could possibly invent! :roll:

I still haven't seen the battle agaisnt the Fire Lord. Grr...I hope they rerun it soon.
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

twilightmom - im so jelous that you have the whole collection! and thats really cute that you and your son watch it together! and i'll see if i can post some info on the upcoming movie soonish...
edwardlikeshaystacks - i think it would work a lot like the others, especially water...katara can bend blood bc there is water in the human body...similarly i would assume ang could bend humans...he could suck the air out of their lungs or stop all oxygen to parts of the body or fill the body with too much air...i can see it being very difficult but if blood bending is possible then that must be...good thing aang is such a sweet kid and would never do that :)
renesmee101 - yeah i feel like a dork when i watch it too, all my friends made fun of me but now they are all obsessed too! its my favorite show ever, im completely obsessed

also...just so everyone knows...it is possible to watch all the episodes online but its ridiculously hard to find them all and erm...im not sure how legal that is so i am not gonna post anything on here or suggest that you do this, however i do believe it is possible :)
edwardlikeshaystacks
Often Mistaken for a Bear

Post by edwardlikeshaystacks »

Haha, if Avatar was ever rated R, I could see the possible violence.

Aang cutting off the circulation of air in people's lungs. Katara causing blood clots and stopping blood flow and Toph crushing people with metal. :roll:
Team Quil: Clove Ottawa
Emmaline-Jane: is the "Toph" of Lexicalia.
Jasper<3
Gone Fishing with Harry

Post by Jasper<3 »

Hehehe! The firelord = Mark Hamill = The Joker (In Batman the Animated Series)
List, Gnat ♥
WhiteRabbit
Settled in Forks

Post by WhiteRabbit »

I'm actually starting to look forward to this movie...

Not really sure about the choice of Director. M. Night Shyamalan hasn't been doing so well lately. But I'm glad to see that Jesse McCartney no longer appears to be involved. First I'm pretty sure I saw him cast as Aang, then Zuko. Horrible, I hate that kid!
I think Dev Patel might be good as Zuko. Although I agree with someone else that it would have been better if they had a more Asian cast, especially for the Fire Nation.

I hope they actually manage to make this into a decent movie.
Hollywood has been really good at letting me down lately.
Dragonball Evolution anyone?? Proposed remake of Death Note AND Battle Royale??

FEED YOUR HEAD
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

If Shylaman's directing it, that makes me very excited. I love him!
I wonder who he'll cameo in the movie, then...
Sweetmuffins! Now I really want to see it.
Course, now I hacve to go watch all the episodes....
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

ha that would be funny if he cameoed as like..the cabbage guy lol! I like M. Night but i can see why this would make people nervous. I think since hes making this AS a kids movie it will be really different from his other films so its really hard to say....

and now, as promised, some more info on the movie! I'm not sure how reliable all of my info is so if you have anything to add please do!

according to wikipedia the movie will be the first of a trilogy and is going to be released july 2, 2010. it is title The Last Airbender.
according to IMDb it is to be directed by M. Night Shyamalan and has the same release date as wikipedia. according to the imdb site the cast that has been confirmed so far is as follows:
dev patel as zuko
jackson rathbone as sokka
nicola peltz as katara
noah ringer as aang
and jessica andres is rumored to be playing suki.
also mentions Greenland as a filming location...hmm maybe for the water tribe?
also, apparently the movie was supposed to be titled Avatar but james cameron owns the rights to that title? boo wtf james cameron! apparently he tried to sue or something lol.
also rumor has it that they haven't finished casting extras but that they are casting mostly asian actors for a lot of the other roles. we should all go try and be extras :) though im definitely not asian..hmm...dang..apparently there is a rumor going around that noah ringer might be half asian. i doubt its true but i cant find a picture of him anywhere so maybe. apparently he does have a black belt so at least his stunts will look good :D

heres an article from slashfilm.com that makes shyamalan sound pretty competent and knowledgeable http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/04/15/m-n ... rom-title/

ill do some more research and post back soon :)

edit: just read somewhere that Noah is definitely white but that he is an Avatar fan and submitted a video performance of his martial arts online bc he really wanted to be in the movie. also i just read that dev patel is trained in taekwondo and that the martial arts expert that worked on the animated series is involved with the film as well.
twilightmom
Fishing with Charlie

Post by twilightmom »

Rain: Thanks for all the updates!
Please keep it coming!!
Banner created by the incredibly talented Nena! THANK YOU, MY FRIEND!
Ifeellikerain
Learning to Love Green

Post by Ifeellikerain »

while I look up some more movie info I want to keep the board moving along soo...heres a question for all you avatar fans...besides the main characters who else would you like to see show up in the movies? main characters=aang, katara, sokka, toph, zuko, suki, firelord

some characters I would like to see make an appearance....definitely appa! if they for some reason don't put appa and momo in im just gonna cry!

but id also really like to see jet, jeong jeong, and koh the face stealer would be really neat to see.
anyways, what do you guys think?