Slumdog Millionaire

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Bronze Haired Girl
Human History Archivist
Location: Driving through the Tennessee mountains with Emmett

Slumdog Millionaire

Post by Bronze Haired Girl »

A place to discuss the movie.
Banner by urcoolcarrie
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Re: Slumdog Millionaire

Post by Kizmet »

I requested this thread because no way can I be the only person obsessed with this movie...seriously, Slumdog is outpacing Twilight these days on the obsessiveness scale. Just absolutely everything about the movie is amazing, and I can enjoy it in so many ways, from a purely audience perspective to the perspective of my inner filmmaker (for instance, there is this one wide shot of the kids standing on top of a train with MIA's Paper Planes playing in the background and the song is perfectly synched to the rhythm of the train, I get excited just thinking about how amazing the editing there is). And the cinematography is amazing and the acting and the characters are so great and the soundtrack and aldfjdsklagjeklwfjekl, there are not even words for how good this movie is. I am utterly in love with it.

I was wondering also if anyone besides me has not only seen the movie but also read the book it was based on? I really liked the book but I like the movie better.
Proud Twilighter since October 21, 2006.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

I saw this movie a couple days ago and fell in love with it, however, sorry, not in an obsessive way. The way it showed the slums of India was incredible. From the very beginning, it was great, but so sad. However, in the movie theatre, I had to sit next to this older man who was literally laughing through the entire movie. I nearly turned to him and said, "What the hell is so funny?" Honestly, I was getting really pissed off because that is some serious stuff that is going on right now.

Oh, and I LOVED the music! That was great and the acting? Or the filming? Man, they did a phenominal job on that movie.
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

i LOVED the movie, but not really in an obsessive way..
the music was absolutely amazing and so were the actors, and the story is just so great. really entertaining. plus its soooo beautiful! i wanna watch it again, but its not out here yet, and i cant just fly back t england just to see a movie again:(
anyway, its beautiful. deserves all those oscar nominations, and i dont know if ive ever said that about a movie with that many nominations!
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kizmet »

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! SEVEN OSCARS!

and the little kids are so adorable it might just kill me.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

No, no. They won eight. :) And I LOVE those little kids!

For those who didn't catch it, here's what they won:

Motion Picture
Director
Adapted Screenplay
Cinematography
Sound Mixing
Original Score
Original Song
Film Editing

I was so happy they won all those. They really deserved it.
Kizmet
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kizmet »

Yeah, by 7 I meant 8, lol. I was really hyper when I posted that and I guess my ability to count was a little off as a result. :roll:
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

Haha, don't worry. It happens to the best of us.
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

i was SO excited when i heard they won best picture! the film i like best NEVER wins, so this was gooood :D
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

I haven't seen the movie yet..but I was really getting tired of hearing the name so many times when I was watching the Oscars. It was kind of like when a radio station plays the same song over and over again until you just don't like it anymore because it is SO played out.