The Hanson thread #3

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Chadley
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: The Hanson thread #3

Post by Chadley »

Thank you! I'm crossing my fingers with this one but who knows what'll happen. My mom keeps wavering and it's driving me nuts. Anyway, I would just relax. I like to think of that as the main purpose for Spring Break XD I usually use it to sit back, chill, and...shop... :lol:

I really hope he does. He's pretty lenient about Hanson concerts. He enjoys them just as much as I do and he doesn't even listen to the music. I think he thinks of Hanson concerts as 'bonding time with teenage daughter' moments. XD Hey, whatever floats his boat.

Oh my god! Those videos are awesome! My friend Zoe and I want to go to one of his concerts desperately. He sounds so adorable and different, not to mention talented. And I loved the little German part. I started this German in January and I adore it. It's such a fun language.
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

your dad sounds SO AMAZING. i can't even imagine having a dad like that. my dad is incredible, i have so much fun with him sometimes, but he is definitely not the person that would take me to a concert. well, classical concerts, yes, but Hanson.. not so much. i hope you get to go to a few shows and tell us everything afterwards:P reading reports is just so much fun!

btw, german is a lot less fun when it's your first language. it's not that i don't like it, i just wish english was my first language *sigh* can't have everything. and you and your friend should DEFINITELY go see Mika live if you can, i can't even describe how much fun he is! i don't really understand why people compare him to lady gaga to be honest- she's interesting but while Mika is completely himself and just jumps around and is silly and creatice and fun, she's scary and it just seems like she's a character she invented and not herself /rant. no offense if you like lady gaga, i'm just getting sick of the comparisons and had to complain somewhere:P
Chadley

Post by Chadley »

Haha, no, I think he's pretty awesome, too. It's just that we don't have a lot in common, and I don't see him a whole lot from work. So when it comes to Hanson, which he knows I'm really really into, he's all game. Like two nights ago, it was hilarious. In the middle of dinner I turned to him and was like "OH. Guess what I got the scoop on today?" And he froze and was like "Hanson tour dates!?!" It was actually kind of adorable. Either way, of course, I'll take notes ;) I'll probably take tons of pics, too, for you.

Yeah, it seems complicated. I'm only in German 1 so it's not like I'm that experienced, haha. But we had German foriegn exchange students from Oldensburg a week ago and they were interesting to talk to. But apparently they learn more of a British English. Their English was much more formal than American. XD Actually, here, there isn't a lot of comparison between the two, I don't think. I could kind of see how some people would think that but I'd have to disagree. Mika's much much much more talented, in my eyes.
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

i definitely think he's more talented.. and people at my school were talking about how he's the male version of her so it just annoyed me:P

anyway, exchange students are always fun! and yeah, the english we learn at school is more formal than what you'd actually use. it's more easy to learn it that way i guess. i remember people from america trying to speak german and they kept saying "Sie" instead of "du", which is polite, but not really what you'd say to a 17 year old:P i love when americans (or australians, canadians...) speak german though, it sounds so cute! when Mika did it i died:P

i love that your dad automatically thought it was something Hanson related! he knows you;)
Chadley

Post by Chadley »

Yeah, not as many people know about him here. A few years ago, he was on a popular morning talk show and a LOT of my friends knew of him because of songs like Grace Kelly and Lollipop but not too many people here still follow him. It's sad.

Haha, in German class we were 'assigned' a German to interview but we had to talk in complete German. When I asked my German, Inga, how old she was, she said 17 but I wrote it out on the page and accidentially wrote siebzig. :oops: She laughed hysterically, though, so at least she wasn't angry...Yeah, in our German textbooks it explains the difference between Sie and du but some kids still get it confused. I always have to take a moment to think about verb endings, still, I admit. *sigh*

Haha, yeah. He knows me pretty well. He's been asking about tour dates for months. XD
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

learning the difference between Sie and du must be so difficult.. it's so useless, too. i'm pretty sure Sie will disappear eventually. and LOL i can't believe you wrote siebzig, that must've been hilarious. i make that sort of mistake, and german is my first language, it can happen to anyone. i always laugh at stuff like that though, because it's cute:)

it's a bit weird that Mika is successful around the world, but not really in america. it wasn't even in the charts there now, was it? i'm a bit sad that the second album didn't do as well as it should have, because it's an amazing album (i have it:D ) but at least the tour is pretty much sold out. as far as i know, anyway. i always think it's sad when people don't get the credit they deserve.. it happens too often.

btw, when exactly is the 5 of 5? wasn't it at the end of april? i'm reallly looking forward to the reports and stuff:)
Chadley

Post by Chadley »

Actually, it's not TOO bad. We only did a little info on it in one lesson and it didn't seem too hard. But I have to admit the textbook does a good job of explaining the difference. Lol, yeah, she cracked up and was like 'No! I am not 70!" But I was a little surprised because when she tried spelling certain words for me, her knowledge of the English alphabeat was really poor. Like, she didn't know what the letters themselves were called. So I had a hard time of knowing whether she was spelling in German or in English. XD

Yeah, it's really annoying. Grace Kelly and Lollipop were semi big. They weren't played on the radio or anything, but a lot of people knew them. Blame It On The Girls was on the radio here for like...a week. And then it didn't get enough votes for it to stay on so it went off. Which really bothered me. Ah, I love his new CD! It's so catchy and different.

I believe it's the last 5 days of April...*thinks* that'd make the most sense.
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

wtf, i learned the english alphabet when i was 10 years old. i'm not good at spelling in any language though:P

it is a shame about Mika not being as well known in the states as he is here, but he seems to think it's because of his lyrics and the fact that he's not exactly known to act very straight. i'm not sure, maybe it's just because people there don't like that type of music or something? i dunno.

ANYWAY!!! the video!! i almost died of secondhand embarassment but it was FUN! and Zac looks amazing.
Chadley

Post by Chadley »

Yeah, I know. It was hard for her to spell. :/ Eventually, she just took the paper and pencil and wrote it all for me. :oops:

If that's the case as to why he's not popular in America, that semi disgusts me. I love his style and his uniqueness. He can be whatever he wants to be sexually. I just think in America, people tend to look more towards who a person is rather than what they can do. They don't care that he's talented, they care about what he does in his free time and who he does it with. *frustrated sigh*

LOL. Awesome music video. I was chuckling the entire way through, actually. Ezra was adorable XD Did you see the FUTY of Zac 'losing his mind from not reaching 250,000 views'? I laughed at the ending. :lol:
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

i totally agree with what you said about caring what people do. if i cared too much abot Hanson's political views i have a feeling i'd start hating them pretty fast. thank god they don't talk about it:)

Ezra and Penny were ADORABLE. so, so cute. Penny kinda reminds me of an older version of my cousin:P and i did see that video, and i thought it was funny but the next video was AMAZING. i laughed literally all the way through. and Zac is looking soooo good lately! if someone had told me a year ago he'd ever look like this again i probably wouldn't have believed them. and yeah, i know that's mean:/