The Hanson thread #3

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Likeasunburn
Protector Of Pel's Sanity

Re: The Hanson thread #3

Post by Likeasunburn »

Another of my personal Hanson-related milestones passes today: 12 years ago today I talked my dad into allowing me to miss my first period 8th grade class so that I could go to FYE and buy the Mmmbop single.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xk8Yo4pzhWs

If only I'd known lol!

ETA: My last post wasn't totally honest... it may make me seem lame, but in all thruthfullness, I wouldn't change one damn thing.
Krystina the Alien
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Krystina the Alien »

So, one of my friends, Shady, has humanities this year. I'm guessing the teacher was talking about 90s music, and he brought up Hanson yesterday.

At least three people from that class walked up and told me. (Friends of mine, of course)

Anywho, I walked up to him this morning, and I said, "So, I heard you were talking about Hanson yesterday?" (I had my hands on my hips, and he cowered away...it was funny). He said, "Yes..." I told him I was a huge fan, and he was like, "Well, they would be number one on the 'Where Are They Now?' list...*laugh*"

I smirked and told him, "Oh, they're in the studio. Right now. Recording an album."

I don't think he believed me. He was like, "But they haven't recorded anything since the 90s!" Oh how wrong he is. I think I shall bring in The Walk tomorrow to show him.

And I need to interview him because he's friends with this dude I have to write a biography on. The guy is a writer for Family Guy, and he went to my school. I hate Family Guy...
Image <--click this
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

LOL seriously? your teacher?? (oh and im aware of why sniggered isnt allowed lol)

Mimi.. which video was that? cause its another one of those im not allowed to watch cause i dont live in america:(

its thursday and i havent revised much for math or psychology and i havent got any easter presents yet. im sooo screwed:(
Chadley
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by Chadley »

To answer Krystina's question, I was wrong. He's 10. My sister's actually 31 so it's not really that bad.

Anyway, that picture is now one of my favorites, lol.
Krystina the Alien
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Okay, so that teacher is now afraid of me. :lol:

I found a picture (of Hanson) that I was originally gonna cut out and tape in my locker, but it ended up just staying in my backpack that I took out, and wrote a letter to him.

I even included 5 of my favorite songs from each cd (minus MONA, and the live cds) for him to listen to.

He was really surprised that they looked the way they did.

But, the plus is, he told all his classes that he was wrong, they weren't a fad. They are still around. My mission is accomplished. :D
Image <--click this
Likeasunburn

Post by Likeasunburn »

Krystina, darlin. I'm SO proud of you! Anything we can do, one day at a time, is worth all the efforts!

Zac posted in team talk (aka the hnet forum only visible to street team leaders and the guys) that his biggest fear regarding the new album (which is, as of right now, being referred to as 'Album Z') is that people won't be willing to give Hanson's new sound a listen because of past judgments.

I can only hope and pray that he's wrong, and that the world at large WILL give the guys a chance...

At any case, it sounds like the recording is going well, and I know that all our best wishes are with our boys.

<3!!!
Krystina the Alien
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Not to mention Shady, the girl who originally told me about the teacher talking about Hanson, gave me a book today.

An unauthorized biography of Hanson. It's awesome.
Image <--click this
aurelia92
Fishing with Charlie

Post by aurelia92 »

Krystina, that is amazing. :)

i dont really get what Zac said though. i mean, its not like anyone that hated Hanson gave the Walk a chance, did they? oh and what new sound? hmm.

i know its hard to tell from that mini snippet but i liked the thingy in the futy with Taylor playing.. was it the tambourine?
Likeasunburn

Post by Likeasunburn »

It's hard to tell, actually.

They've set themselves to working on 1 song a day, without telling us what songs they actually WERE.

Gah.

Sadly, I know that Tinted Windows has obligated themselves to doing an interview on Sunday morning with Sirius Radio, which gives Hanson less than one solid week to record (at least right now...)

Come home soon, J-Tay.

<3...

Have a good weekend, all!
caszit
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by caszit »

aurelia92 wrote: i dont really get what Zac said though. i mean, its not like anyone that hated Hanson gave the Walk a chance, did they?
Yeah I would have to agree with that Aurelia.
To me each new album had a "new sound". IMO they seemed to focus on one of their influences for each cd. MON - 50&60 music TTA - R&B/Gospel U- Singer/Songwriter TW - Blues/Motown
(these are just my thoughts it's perfectly fine to not agree at all)

Now if "Album Z" is some rap/spoken word combo, then yeah sure, I could see why they would be uneasy about it. But I trust them, they haven't let me done yet! (I have more to add but I need to run! ;) )

Have a great Weekend ladies! <3