Vampire Diaries --TV series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Postby rapid_reader1 » Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:21 pm

I'm a huge fan of the books and when I started watching the TV series it was SOOO different!!! I swear, the only things they got right was that there was two vampire guys named Damon and Stefan, and there's a girl named Elena. All of a sudden she has a brother, (semi-spoiler!) she's adopted, Katherine is alive and well, there used to be a tomb that had a bunch of vamps in it, Caroline is a much nicer person than she is in the books, and Damon is like civilized and isn't after Elena (yet!) (end spoiler!!)

If you think of the TV show on it's own instead of "following" the book series, it's a lot more enjoyable =) I LOVE DAMON IN THE BOOKS AND THE TV SHOW!!!
Image

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
User avatar
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Postby IloveAliceCullen<3 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:50 pm

rapid_reader1 wrote:I'm a huge fan of the books and when I started watching the TV series it was SOOO different!!! I swear, the only things they got right was that there was two vampire guys named Damon and Stefan, and there's a girl named Elena. All of a sudden she has a brother, (semi-spoiler!) she's adopted, Katherine is alive and well, there used to be a tomb that had a bunch of vamps in it, Caroline is a much nicer person than she is in the books, and Damon is like civilized and isn't after Elena (yet!) (end spoiler!!)

If you think of the TV show on it's own instead of "following" the book series, it's a lot more enjoyable =) I LOVE DAMON IN THE BOOKS AND THE TV SHOW!!!


Big question is, do you think it's worth reading the vampire diaries if you've watched the TV-show first?
I mean, what do you enjoy more, the books or the TV-show?

Thinking about reading the books, but if you think it's not a good idea after watching the show, well, I'm curious! :D
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

Image
"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
User avatar
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Living in the Netherlands

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Postby bored by the sea » Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:22 pm

my mate and i were soooo yelling at the tv last night when damon basically kidnapped elena to take her to see his witch friend, because it seemed like stefan didnt really make any effort to find her, i mean jeezif that was Bella missing Edward would stop at nothing to find her! :lol:
Image
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
User avatar
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:25 pm
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Postby rapid_reader1 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:36 pm

IloveAliceCullen<3 wrote:
rapid_reader1 wrote:I'm a huge fan of the books and when I started watching the TV series it was SOOO different!!! I swear, the only things they got right was that there was two vampire guys named Damon and Stefan, and there's a girl named Elena. All of a sudden she has a brother, (semi-spoiler!) she's adopted, Katherine is alive and well, there used to be a tomb that had a bunch of vamps in it, Caroline is a much nicer person than she is in the books, and Damon is like civilized and isn't after Elena (yet!) (end spoiler!!)

If you think of the TV show on it's own instead of "following" the book series, it's a lot more enjoyable =) I LOVE DAMON IN THE BOOKS AND THE TV SHOW!!!


Big question is, do you think it's worth reading the vampire diaries if you've watched the TV-show first?
I mean, what do you enjoy more, the books or the TV-show?

Thinking about reading the books, but if you think it's not a good idea after watching the show, well, I'm curious! :D

Hmm...If you're a big fan of the show, I don't think that mean's you should give up a chance to read the books. I wasn't kidding when I said there were only a few things they got right :D

I think that it's very possible to read the books as long as you kind of distance yourself from the TV show. Believe me, it's not very hard once you get past the characters names lol. Just think of it as two seperate things. I really enjoy them both, for different reasons. Both forms give characters close-but-different personalities and they make very different choices.

But, if Vampire Diaries book series doesn't work out for you, I very strongly suggest Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. Similar name, I know, but VERY different. :D
Image

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
User avatar
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Postby IloveAliceCullen<3 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:48 am

bored by the sea wrote:my mate and i were soooo yelling at the tv last night when damon basically kidnapped elena to take her to see his witch friend, because it seemed like stefan didnt really make any effort to find her, i mean jeezif that was Bella missing Edward would stop at nothing to find her! :lol:


You are SO right. Edward would even pass the line and fight against the pack to find her and Stefan just called two (?) times! :lol:
Damon and Elena, there is definetly love between them.

Image
"There hadn't been butterflies in her stomach, there had been bats."

Damon's POV~ I will be I swear Surrender

rapid_reader1 is the best VFF ever!
User avatar
IloveAliceCullen<3
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye
 
Posts: 422
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Living in the Netherlands

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Postby bored by the sea » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:16 pm

i know right he rang twice then went for a walk to the school :lol: poor effort! i haven't been watching the series really, this is only the 4th episode ive watched but i mean don't the vampires in this series have tracking abilities i mean im assuming they do otherwise how do the non vegetarian ones find food lol, could he not have tracked her and found her and made sure she was safe?! he's definitely no Edward Cullen thats for sure, think that's why this episode was frustrating us so much :lol:
Image
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
User avatar
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:25 pm
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Postby DramaPrincezz013 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 pm

OMGODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tonight's episode was amazing....I'm not going to say any spoilers, but it was without a doubt the best one yet.
The look Stefan had at the end...holy crap. Things are going to get complicated.
Image
The ListV2~Apple::::Mafia~Eva DiMarco::::On bunches of teams!
"You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't wanna go home right now." </3
User avatar
DramaPrincezz013
Wrestling With Emmett
 
Posts: 2562
Joined: Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:48 pm
Location: Bouncing back and forth between Forks and Mystic Falls

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Postby rapid_reader1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:26 pm

DramaPrincezz013 wrote:OMGODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tonight's episode was amazing....I'm not going to say any spoilers, but it was without a doubt the best one yet.
The look Stefan had at the end...holy crap. Things are going to get complicated.

OOOOH MY GOODNESSSS!!! That was CRAZY! So exciting and heartbreaking and everything right with the world!
***SPOILER!!!***
Poor Matt! Caroline! Elena! Anna! Jeremy! Damon! Stefan! EVERYONE! And we all know that Jeremy is going to have to talk to Elena and question her at some point! I CAN'T BELIEVE THE TRAILER FOR NEXT WEEK!!!
***END OF SPOILER!!!***

Does anyone know how to do that thing where is just shows up as the word "spolier" and then you click on it and it shows you the text?
Image

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
User avatar
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
 
Posts: 343
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:57 am
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Postby bored by the sea » Sat Apr 10, 2010 3:14 pm

don't worry wasn't that much of a spoiler, im only on series 1 and i literally have not a clue what you just said :lol:
Image
"If your life was all you had to give your beloved, how could you not
give it? if it was someone you truly loved"- Breaking Dawn
**TEAM EDWARD**
User avatar
bored by the sea
Hanging Up on Jessica
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:25 pm
Location: United Kingdom where the weathers like Forks pretty much alll the time

Re: Vampire Diaries --TV series

Postby HarryTuttle » Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm enjoying this series so far, not quite as good as True Blood or even Buffy & Angel but this is solid.
HarryTuttle
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:25 am

PreviousNext

Return to Lights, Camera, Action...5,6,7,8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest