Glee - the Television series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Glee - the Television series

Post by Ally_Cat »

Im watching the new episode now and I have no idea what this is supposed to be really about. I can't find a plot to follow.
I'm really disappointed in the writting so far this season.
I'll be back to discuss the whole episode once everyone else has seen it :D
The Volturi: Nora
Private Ophelia Grey of Jasper's Army
Team "Screw you freaks! I pick Ben!"
Gen-Y: The Lexily
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

IT'S NOT A NEW SEASON. IT IS STILL SEASON ONE.

That being said, last night's episode was the worst yet, IMO. I give it my stamp of disapproval. D:
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

I agree- wasn't much in the episode that was memorable. Except perhaps Mercedes' hallucinations, and the resulting performance of Christina Aguilera's "Beautiful."

And I think that Will has quite enough women to deal with in his life, don't you?
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

xXBeSafeXx wrote:IT'S NOT A NEW SEASON. IT IS STILL SEASON ONE.

That being said, last night's episode was the worst yet, IMO. I give it my stamp of disapproval. D:
That's even more disappointing - they couldn't even get through a full season before hitting a decline.

I agree that Will has enough women now. It'd be nice to focus on one relationship for a maybe 2 episode, 1 and a half if that is all they can muster.

My only hope is that these are "filler" episodes that were written quickly to give them more time to write real story lines.
Alphie
Blame me for everything

Post by Alphie »

I totally disagree with you about how bad the episode was. I loved it. It made me cry twice even.

The point of the episode was finding a place where you fit or fighting for where you already fit. Mercedes had to stand up for who she is and what she brings to the Cheerios as she is without changing. Will is trying to figure it out for himself being tossed around and unsure of what he wants. And the Kurt story line was the most compelling, I thought, when looked at from the parent's PoV. Maybe it's because I am older and a single mother that I related to that part so much. But I also felt deeply for Kurt as he watched his dad bond with a new "son" who likes sports and isn't gay. His point was that he didn't fit with his dad and wished he could.

I do think the episode was a bit jumbled and that they tried too hard to make everything fit into one idea. They've done it so much better in other episodes. But it was nice to take a break from Rachael and Finn for a change and let some of the other characters shine.
LionandLamb123
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by LionandLamb123 »

Alphie wrote:I totally disagree with you about how bad the episode was. I loved it. It made me cry twice even.

The point of the episode was finding a place where you fit or fighting for where you already fit. Mercedes had to stand up for who she is and what she brings to the Cheerios as she is without changing. Will is trying to figure it out for himself being tossed around and unsure of what he wants. And the Kurt story line was the most compelling, I thought, when looked at from the parent's PoV. Maybe it's because I am older and a single mother that I related to that part so much. But I also felt deeply for Kurt as he watched his dad bond with a new "son" who likes sports and isn't gay. His point was that he didn't fit with his dad and wished he could.

I do think the episode was a bit jumbled and that they tried too hard to make everything fit into one idea. They've done it so much better in other episodes. But it was nice to take a break from Rachael and Finn for a change and let some of the other characters shine.
I loved the episode too and everything Mercedes stood for at the end. It was something I think a lot of people can relate to, including me :) and I love Kurt and Fin and I hope they all work it out :)
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

Alphie wrote:I totally disagree with you about how bad the episode was. I loved it. It made me cry twice even.

I definitely agree with the taking a break from Rachel and Finn! I just kind of think that there was too much "predictability" in this episode. Mercedes and her weight, Kurt and his dad/"son figure," Will and April. It was full of things that I thought they wouldn't address right off, or at least not all at once. Having said that, I did enjoy the storylines, it just seemed to me that it was everything every other cliche high school drama is at one point. I think that the Kurt/Will/parents parts were the highlight of the episode--we don't see nearly enough of anyone's home life, especially Kurt. We had one episode that showed a lot of Kurt and his dad, and then he just disappeared. I felt SO bad for Kurt. :(

It wasn't ALL bad, it just wasn't one of my favorites. Not much happened, and after the past few episodes being so busy, I couldn't help but be a bit disappointed.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
who_needs_fangs?
Digging the Castle Motif

Post by who_needs_fangs? »

But, in support of the Mercedes plotline, it allowed us to see more of Wise!Quinn. I swear, she's giving birth to Yoda, and I love it. I would love it more if I knew where the heck she was living. Also, did anyone else find it odd that she seems to be with Puck when she specifically said in Sectionals— or was it Mattress?— that she was gonna figure out her life first before dating anybody?

And Will's a little man-slut. I don't care if he didn't get any from the three gals *ahem* courting him, he's still married, so making out or sharing a bed with them is more than enough.

And in the end, April is giving us an all-white Broadway production of The Wiz, so it's all good.
|Allie (Red) and Sami (Cocoa) and Sydney (Yank) are ❤|Conch=twin|
|SBS|Major V|Heidi Volturi|Veronica Ricci|Some other stuff I forgot|
|Banner Screenshots by Squid, Avie by Abby|
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

(OMG, N was here!)

I too have been wondering where Quinn's been staying. She seems to be doing pretty well. As for her and Puck, well, I imagine it has more to do with Puck's being stubborn (and possibly wanting to do the right thing) than Quinn's wishes. I mean, he can still help her without being with her, if that's what she wants.

I really wish they had a transcript for the full songs that you can buy- I'd like to know just who is it that sings certain lines.
Ally_Cat
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by Ally_Cat »

I got the point of the plot lines and, yeah, they're important things that happen in real life - but I agree with BeSafe - it felt very cliche high school drama show, like I was watching just another teen show on the CW. Using Christina's Beautiful as the song for empowerment at the end was cliche alone, that song has been so over used for that purpose it is ridiculous and has lost a lot of its impact. Atleast Amber's amazing performance made it something special.
I love that Mercedes and Kurt finally got some more story time because they are two of the best characters, I just wish we'd seen more of the personality they had in the first set of episodes come into how they handled their individual situations. Example - Kurt wasn't there to support Mercedes like he did in the first set of episodes when Mercedes didn't know Kurt was gay. Kurt's sarcasm and bluntness wasn't incorporated enough (or at all, can't remember now)into the how he handled the relationship between his dad and Finn's mom to be noticable or funny - I was expecting some of his usual comments as a way for him to deal with it or shield himself.

The mystery of Quinn has been a big discussion point for my friends and me too. She is developing into a real great characters and we want real information on her. Quinn hasn't really been addressed so far. Like, as mentioned, where is she living? how did she and puck decide to try and work it out? how far a long is she - I'm no baby expert but a friend said you have to be a couple months in before you can know the sex, which Quinn does, and I have no idea of what the time lapse between epsiodes and events is for this show.
Did I miss some of this information? If not, any guesses?