Glee - the Television series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Re: Glee - the Television series

Post by ringswraith »

Honestly, the whole Kurt/Finn thing had to come to a head- they've been building it up for a while now. I'm glad that's kind of out of the way so we can move on to other things.

As for the following:

I would love to see Brittany and Santana becoming regulars. They need to add the two guys, as well- though I'm kinda wondering if they're working on making them singers... Jesse and Shelby, I doubt they'd become regulars. Theory: If New Directions wins Regionals, that ends the winning streak of Vocal Adrenaline- Shelby will likely use that as a "time to move on" event. Jesse might do the same, as well.
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

The following post will be completely invisible, because I'm too lazy to weed out key spoiler words and whatnot. If you live in the UK, just don't read it. :)
dandyvampgirl_13 wrote: And also, I really don't like the Finn/Kurt problems going on. Its too... angsty, though it is nice to know that Kurt actually has boy emotions. But all the gay-crap and the swearing made me uncomfortable. *shudders* I wish they'd just stick to singing.

I loved all the KISS songs, too! It was hillarious, and Painted!Finn is much hotter than normal Finn. He should wear make makeup more often! (And they should've done a TAI song, since TAI is going on tour with KISS...)
I agree...mostly. I think the scene was eventually necessary, but I think the timing was bad, and the whole thing just seemed a bit out of place and weird to me. I really felt bad for Finn, though. I think his freak-out was completely understandable...I mean, not only was it just thrust suddenly upon him that he's moving, but he finds that he's moving into the same room as a boy who has had a crush on him for who knows how long? I think Burt overreacted a bit to Finn's reaction, although coming to his son's defense was the natural thing to do--he said himself he had used that word when he was Finn's age, so I don't think it was fair for him to be so hard on Finn about it.

I too, missed Sue in this episode, although the others didn't bother me too much...
And frankly, I thought that Painted!Puck was SMOKIN'. :lol:
http://static.glee.wetpaint.me/photos/M ... arding.jpg Yum.

This was the first episode I convinced my cousin to watch with me, so all of the tiny disappointments, like the uncomfortableness of the Kurt/Finn/Burt scene and the seeming lack of other plot, as well as the lack of Sue, all kind of intensified when I was trying to convince her of how great the show really is. :(

FIN
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
DudeRocksTheTwilight
I'm A Proud Twilight Guy
Location: Chugging the postahol. On MSN, most likely. Tieing Sarah in thunderball.

Post by DudeRocksTheTwilight »

ringswraith wrote:Honestly, the whole Kurt/Finn thing had to come to a head- they've been building it up for a while now. I'm glad that's kind of out of the way so we can move on to other things.

As for the following:

I would love to see Brittany and Santana becoming regulars. They need to add the two guys, as well- though I'm kinda wondering if they're working on making them singers... Jesse and Shelby, I doubt they'd become regulars. Theory: If New Directions wins Regionals, that ends the winning streak of Vocal Adrenaline- Shelby will likely use that as a "time to move on" event. Jesse might do the same, as well.
Agreed. Do the other two guys even have names? They definitely need to be developed.

I really like Shelby, because it's Idina Menzel! But your theory does make sense.
Al Puccini of the Mafia, Santiago of Volturi, Major Peter of JCA, EDC Bulldozer Trainee, APPC Host Jenni - TwiGirl
xXBeSafeXx
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by xXBeSafeXx »

DudeRocksTheTwilight wrote:
Agreed. Do the other two guys even have names? They definitely need to be developed.

I really like Shelby, because it's Idina Menzel! But your theory does make sense.
Asian guy is Mike. Black guy is Matt.
ImageImageImage
Twin--Narnia|Mafia Name--Motor Mouth Alice|EDC, Inc--Bulldozer Trainee
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I love Mike! Or as I named him, Super!Boss Asian Dude! He's awesome, by virtue of his awesome dancing.
I should enlist the writing of Dan Bergenstein to come up with some awesome tags lines to match Mike's awesomeness. Brb.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

So we've got the playlist for the season finale (spoilered below):

Anyway You Want It / Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin'
Bohemian Rhapsody
Don't Stop Believin' (Regionals version)
Faithfully
Over the Rainbow
To Sir with Love

/excited

EDIT: Just wanted to say, I called it- I just knew they weren't going to win.
Twilight<3
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by Twilight<3 »

ringswraith wrote:EDIT: Just wanted to say, I called it- I just knew they weren't going to win.[/color]
I knew it, too, but Vocal Adrenaline completely and totally deserved to win. Bohemian Rhapsody was absolutely amazing. Queen is SO hard to cover, it's just awful when anyone tries but Vocal Adrenaline did a phenomenal job. New Directions was also really good but it just didn't cut it. I also love Finn/Rachel.
ringswraith

Post by ringswraith »

Well we can't really say that, since we don't see all the other performances. However, it did make some sense for them not to win here.

As an aside, during the scene in the auditorium, what is it that Mercedes says after "You are Glee club"?
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

-hugs thread-
Hey, y'all! Did everyone watch the season premiere of GLEE?!
Personally, I liked the interview bit at the beginning. It was a nice catch-up, plus it was really funny! :]
As for what happened, NOT diggin' the fact that Finn is no longer QB, glad Rachel and Finn stayed together, and HORRIBLY UPSET!!! that Tina and Artie broke up. :[
I'm excited for the Britney Spears ep next week. Like SUPER excited! Hehe. And are the two random newbs the contest winners or what? I wasn't keeping up with that.. If so, I guess that makes sense. -shrugs-
Hope everyone enjoyed!

-Sam
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Hi everyone! =)

Just saw the 2nd season premier. it was great! I don't want to give away any spoilers because this thread seems to have died a bit and I don''t know if anyone here hasn't seen it yet. I'd like to post my review this weekend though. :D
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse