Glee - the Television series

Off-Topic Conversation regarding music, movies, TV, plays, etc in general the entertainment industry.

Moderators: bac, cullengirl, una

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Glee - the Television series

Post by samajama »

BlueStarEgo wrote:Hi everyone! =)

Just saw the 2nd season premier. it was great! I don't want to give away any spoilers because this thread seems to have died a bit and I don''t know if anyone here hasn't seen it yet. I'd like to post my review this weekend though. :D
Chrissy, you can give reactions with spoilers if you want. Just put 'em in invisible font:

Code: Select all

[inv] [/inv]
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

So... Has anyone bought the first season on DVD? I was wondering what extras they had. I mean, I saw them listed on the box but wasn't sure which version had the most or which extras were better...
dazzel21
Red-Eyed Vampire

Post by dazzel21 »

So proud for Charice, SPOILERthe Filipina exchange student who plays Sunshine Corazon, one of the newbies. She nailed the songs...
"Because each and every one of us needs our own personal brand of heroine."
~Team Edward Forever~
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Hi!!! I never watched Glee before, but I tuned in for the season two finale, and I LOVE IT!!!!! I can't wait to watch season one as soon as I can, but for now I'm just waiting for Tuesday! :D

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Haven't stopped by in a while, decided to see if everyone has been watching. =)

So far my favorite episode has been the Britney/Brittany one. Heather did an AMAZING job! She's a really great dancer. I don't think her voice is all that good but she still did a good job. I hated Lea's version of Baby One More Time. In my opinion it tottaly sucked. I hated how she sounded mostly. The video re-creation was good though. I can't decide if I'm just tired of hearing Lea's voice all of the time or I she just didn't do the song right. Either way, that was my least favorite scene. The Toxic performance was CLASSIC! My favorite performance from them. I even downloaded ther version of it. The Jake kid made it even better (I think that's his name).

I didn't really like the Grilled Cheesus episode much either. It was a bit serious for Glee and I LOVED that fact, but, the episode overall didn't really get to me.

The latest episode about the duets was awesome! LOVED IT! The Kurt/Rachel duet was amazing. Downloaded that too. Their voices were perfect together.
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
rapid_reader1
Banging Out Dents with Tyler
Location: Watching for The Vampire Diaries season two, and Glee season two!!

Post by rapid_reader1 »

Love, love, loving Glee! :D Remember, no new episode tomorrow :( Next up is the Rocky Horror Glee Show!

Listen to the music here:

Time Warp
Whatever Happened to Saturday Night
Damn It, Janet
Sweet Transvestite
There's A Light (Over at Frankenstein Place)
Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch-A, Touch Me
Science Fiction Double Feature

Vampire Academy forever! Team Damirian because both own my heart

ALSEW Awesome League of Extraordinary SKIT Writers

ILoveAliceCullen<3 is the best VFF ever!
ringswraith
Running with Leah 'cause she thinks I'm hawt

Post by ringswraith »

So, does anyone agree with me (and my mom) when we think Glee is becoming too, shall we say, racy?

I mean, last season we had shirtless Puck and Will, the almost-kiss scene with Rachel and Finn in the school theater, the Cheerios cheerleading uniforms and of course, the Madonna episode...

But now we have the makeout scene with Brittany and Santana; shirtless Will, Finn, Mike, and Sam; Finn "touching" Rachel's breasts; Brittany and Artie getting it on; all the innuendo-laced comments made about Carl (mostly by Santana); and of course, the Britney and Rocky Horror episodes...

It's almost as if they're raising the bar or testing how far they can get away with it. Now I'm old enough to not really care about this too much but my mom brought up a good point- kids watch this show. It's on at 8pm. She thinks parents will stop their kids from watching the show if this continues.

Opinions?
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

I completely agree, David. My mom watches the episodes before I do, so she tells me all of the nasty crap to skip. We both agree- its just getting too nasty. I liked it because it was ridiculous and fun to watch, now, its just gross and none of th fun parts, which are few and far between, can make up for all the other crap they're sticking in there that I really didn't need to see. They just keep on bringing up topics that aren't funny and just don't need to be on public TV where little kids can see it. I was particulary offended by Brittney and Santana, because up to now I've managed to avoid that kind of slash. *shudders*

I probably won't be watching it anymore (unless Sam starts talking in Na'vi again- that made me laugh) because the nastiness simply can't be justified.
BlueStarEgo
Lusting for Blood

Post by BlueStarEgo »

Well, if you guys had problems with previous episodes that were pushing it, you'll totally hate this one.

I LOVED IT! I think this weeks episode was great. Agreed, Glee is getting a bit "out there" and basically this whole show was about sex. Still, I think it had some pretty good messages. A lot surprised me. Major spoilers ahead!!!!!

I totally love this Blaine character. I really wish he was a regular. Blaine was right when he told Kurt to stand up for himself, but, at the same time, I wish Kurt could transfer. I think he'd fit in great at that other school. I think I saw the surprise kiss coming though. They didn't make it obvious that the football dude (can't remember his name) liked Kurt but I felt it comming. By the way, He was really pushing Kurt into those lockers. I got bruised just watching it. :cry: I'm glad they made Ms. Beiste feel better. And Will went the extra mile! It was so sweet of him. I felt him going in for the kiss and I covered my eyes for some reason. :?:

Oh, and I totally have a crush on Mike. :D
Chrissy | Team.Edward(T)/Damon(TVD)/Eric(TB)/Adrian(VA)Peeta(THG) | Music.Addict
- - * will you still love me tomorrow? - Amy Winehouse
dandyvampgirl_13
So Jealous of Emily

Post by dandyvampgirl_13 »

Blaine is otherwise known as our beloved HARRY FREAKIN' POTTER of A Very Potter Musical fame, Darren Criss.
But, are they really pushing that much... gay crap into it? SERIOUSLY? Cuz I was really looking forward to watching Darren Criss in something not Harry Potter-y. no matter how much I wish he was Harry instead of Daniel Radcliffe, but... *sighs* That sort of crap just ruins it for me. That explains my er, lesbian friends' triumphant reactions to this episode. :?