Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
VampireAlternative
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Re: Rachelle LeFevere as Victoria

Post by VampireAlternative »

It's so sad that her dog died! :cry: I have no idea what I'd do if my puppy died. :(
"I then drink about five of these and I can deal with the world. Or the world can deal with a guy full of five cups of "coffee on demand"." - Gerard Way
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I'm so sorry about her doggy. I heard that she replaced the late Brittany Murphy (whom I love) in a horror film. Does anyone know which movie it is? PS: RL rocks as Victoria!
Amanda Beth
Has Caught Sight of Edward

Post by Amanda Beth »

So just wondering what you guys thinks...

I follow Rachelle on twitter and she just posted yesterday how she wanted to lose weight and she's going to keep track of it on twitter. She's 130lbs and 5'6" which is a perfectly fine weight for her height. I'm 5'3" and just under 120lbs and wear a size two if that puts into perspective for people.

Do you think that's rather insensitive of her when many of the girls following her probably weigh more than she does? Do stars have a bit of a responsibility when they talk to candidly to fans as she does to remember girls look up to her and this is probably crushing their body image?
xXButterflyXSkullsXx
Settled in Forks

Post by xXButterflyXSkullsXx »

Amanda Beth wrote:So just wondering what you guys thinks...

I follow Rachelle on twitter and she just posted yesterday how she wanted to lose weight and she's going to keep track of it on twitter. She's 130lbs and 5'6" which is a perfectly fine weight for her height. I'm 5'3" and just under 120lbs and wear a size two if that puts into perspective for people.

Do you think that's rather insensitive of her when many of the girls following her probably weigh more than she does? Do stars have a bit of a responsibility when they talk to candidly to fans as she does to remember girls look up to her and this is probably crushing their body image?

I think it is alittle. Because she didn't have to talk about it on her twitter. But then again i don't think she's really thinking about it that way. She's probably thinks that her fan would be interested in following her as she loses it. I don't think she would hurt girls on purpose like that. Its doesn't sound like her.

BTW: Amanda Beth, i just started reading your Renesmee story and loving it. ;)
My Baby's father is a vampire...The other is a werewolf.

Team Switzerland -- Team Alice -- Team Esme -- Team Renesmee
funkidiva
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by funkidiva »

I think famous people do not always realise that what they say and do may be followed by hundreds if not thousands of other girls, so if one starts to lose weight then some followers will also try to lose weight.

It doesnt sound like she is overweight at all and would actually be quite skinny. It may make some of her fans who are larger than her think negative feelings about themselves unfortunately which I dont think Rachelle realises. She wouldnt mean anything spiteful by her Twitter comment and wouldnt want to upset any fans or make fans feel down about themselves but it could be seen as an unresponsible remark to make, which she may not even be aware of.
"And so the lion fell in love with the lamb" "...What shoes had Alice put me in? Stilettos? She'd lost her mind..."
lady4string

Post by lady4string »

I know Tanya has already been cast, but does anyone else think she would have been a great Tanya with the strawberry curls? Even if they tried to use her, I'm sure she would have given Summit the proverbial finger. LOL When I read Tanya parts, she's who's in my head. Have been re-listening to Breaking Dawn audiobook (my library lets you check out mp3s over the Net) during my runs.
MouseyZbyszko
Settled in Forks

Post by MouseyZbyszko »

My only complaint is -- since the character of Victoria dies in "Eclipse" anyway, and that would have been the end of her role, why not let Rachelle finish out the Saga? Why replace her with an actress who would never be in ANY more of the Twilight films?

Hollywood made a HUGE mistake by recasting a character that audiences / fans had become accustomed to. That's like trying to replace Sam Uley or even Bella or Edward themselves. Who on earth would DO that???

That's why I never went to see Eclipse in the theater and I waited until it came out on DVD. That was my little way of protesting Hollywood's stupidity.
21Twilight21
Lured By the Scent
Location: Trying To Decide Between Edward, Stefan, & Dimitri <3!

Post by 21Twilight21 »

I had no idea the Lex has threads like this which is sad considering how long I have been posting :lol:!

I loved Rachelle as Victoria! I was/am extremely disappointed that Summit replaced her! I agree with Mousey ^ that they should've worked something out and let her finish out her character since that was the most important part for Victoria and that was te ending! It didn't make sense to bring a new actress in!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ]
Thanks Chrissy for my banner:
~Call me Kym~ I'm on the ListV2! *Paige is my TSB* Chrissy is my Talented Artist Friend :)
^Fee-B is my dependable buddy^