Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Re: Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Post by mlola619 »

SwitzerlandXGirl7 wrote:Ok i'm still not thrilled but after her on "Twilight Tuesday" interview i think she could do i good job. I think i just remember watching her on the O.C and she doesn't have BLONDE hair so i think that's what doesn't stick with me.............. idk i like Stephanie's choice a litlle better but hey, am i in charge of casting? :|
who was Stephenie's choice?
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
princess_sparkle
Settled in Forks

Post by princess_sparkle »

mlola619 wrote:who was Stephenie's choice?
On her website, she said she hadn't thought of any actresses for Rosalie, but she liked a model called Joanna Krupa:
http://stepheniemeyer.com/img/krupa1.jpg
But later on she decided she liked Olivia Wilde, who I think would have been perfect:
http://stepheniemeyer.com/img/actors_wilde.jpg

I really can't see Nikki Reed as Rosalie. She probably has great acting ability, and she is pretty, but she's not absolutely stunning the way Rosalie should be...
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

princess_sparkle wrote:
mlola619 wrote:who was Stephenie's choice?
On her website, she said she hadn't thought of any actresses for Rosalie, but she liked a model called Joanna Krupa:
http://stepheniemeyer.com/img/krupa1.jpg
But later on she decided she liked Olivia Wilde, who I think would have been perfect:
http://stepheniemeyer.com/img/actors_wilde.jpg

I really can't see Nikki Reed as Rosalie. She probably has great acting ability, and she is pretty, but she's not absolutely stunning the way Rosalie should be...
personally, i am not thrilled with Stephenie's choices, i don't think either of those girls are pretty. regardless i LOVE Nikki and she actaully has a face. like she has some cool facial features. i don't want some model to play Rosalie who can barely act. To me Nikki is as close as i can Picture Rosalie and she's a great actress too.. i just wish, that the roots of her hair were blonde and not brown because it's quite evident she naturally has brown hair. by the way both colours work well with nikki.
eizel
Learning to Love Green

Post by eizel »

Nikki is a sweetheart.. i like her!

no one is really pretty enough to be Rosalie.. prettiest girl on earth? hello.... :?
ImageImage
Credit to http://kawaii-inc.org/ for my sad cute avatar.
im just sad Stephenie Meyer put Midnight sun on hold indefinitely
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Post by samajama »

i actually like nikki as rosalie. as nikki said herself, she's basically described as the most beautiful woman in the world and that's a lot to live up to. agreed. so, all things considered, she will be a fine rosalie. humph.
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
Alcyone
Has More Hidden Talents Than Aro

Post by Alcyone »

Every time I see an interview with Nikki Reed I love her more. She's articulate, has excellent stage presence and she truly seems to have an excellent grasp on what drives Rosalie. It's impossible to find someone to match Rosalie in looks, just as it is impossible to match any of the Cullens in looks. What is important is that they can step into the skin of their respective character and become them on-screen. And Nikki is capable of doing that.

Plus, her chemistry with Kellan is just made of win.
Set by *cullens & converse | AB Type
wishingiwasbella
Teaching Eric Social Graces

Post by wishingiwasbella »

I think that she will be able to pull it off. She kind of has the witchy style to her from what I've seen. She's also an amazing actress I think that if they do do other movies she will totally grow into the character or Roslie. She has the attitude, and I guess personality that I picture her to have.
Mylove.Mysinger
Settled in Forks

Post by Mylove.Mysinger »

At first, I was like NOO-she didn't look the part. But as the movie progressed, I turned toward YESS-this should be interesting.

So, to summarize, I can't wait to see how MEAN she'll be to Bella.
Some people want a Digimon. Others want a Pokemon.

Well, heck, I want a DigiPokemon!
twilightmomtobe
Settled in Forks

Post by twilightmomtobe »

When reading the books, I can picture the entire cast of Twilight into their respective roles now. They all took on their characters very close to what I had already imagined, so it wasn't hard to put them there in my head. EXCEPT for Rosalie. I think she's gorgeous when I look up normal pictures of her, but all the cast stills I've seen...I'm not buying it yet. I think this is the one character I'll have to wait to view with the movie in order to "get it".
coochariffic87
Settled in Forks

Post by coochariffic87 »

Nikki is the only one I'm kind of skeptical about. The pictures and clips look nice, but she's not really who I was thinking of when I thought of Rosalie. I do like Nikki Reed though, I think she's a great actress. Just not sure about this role for her yet.