Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Re: Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Post by annabelle »

ia with the black roots. they didn't have hair dye in the 30s rosalie.

o hai nikki and using catherine as your free ride
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
Putty009
Settled in Forks

Post by Putty009 »

Annabelle,

your sig of Rosalie made me think of something that I hope they tone down in New Moon. Rosalie looks amazing there with very little makeup. I think the Vamp girls, Esme/Rose/Alice need their makeup toned down in New Moon. Obviously I'm not talking about their pale-skin makeup, but the heavy heavy lips with intense brooding formal-event eye-liner. I think vampires don't have to be all vamp'd up, matter of fact all the actresses are pretty and wouldn't need much in the way of makeup, not to the extent we saw in Twilight at least, WHEW.
LoveMeSomeEdward
Banging Out Dents with Tyler

Post by LoveMeSomeEdward »

Yeah that pic of Nikki is really good, nice and natural.

I saw the scene where Bella first comes round to the Cullens and Rosalie breaks the bowl on Youtube again. Love the heels she's wearing, I doubt I could even walk in them but they are lovely!
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

LoveMeSomeEdward wrote:Yeah that pic of Nikki is really good, nice and natural.

I saw the scene where Bella first comes round to the Cullens and Rosalie breaks the bowl on Youtube again. Love the heels she's wearing, I doubt I could even walk in them but they are lovely!
Yeah, we've talked about them before, I love them too! Someone found them and posted a link actually and they weren't even too pricey! But yeah, I probably wouldn't be able to walk in them either so probably won't buy them :lol: I also thought it was funny that she was wearing gloves in that scene. I think it was because she shattered the bowl in her hands, so they were to protect Nikki from getting cut... but still a bit weird. They would be fashionable if she were outdoors though...
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
bite_me
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by bite_me »

i reckon she was such a good rosalie!! sure her hair wasnt that great but I think she still loks the part, and she is such a good actress.

looking forward to seeing her in BD
ImageImage
If they say it's tourist season why can't we shoot them?
littlelamb
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by littlelamb »

Don't get me wrong, Nikki Reed is pretty, especially with her natural dark hair but she was not a good a good Rosalie for me. In saying this I mean looks wise. Rosalie is supposed to be unbelievable beautiful and I think that Nikki has a more masculine harsh look to her face. I was picturing someone more soft and delicate. Perhaps even a bit angelic. Now in the actual character/attitude department, Nikki nailed it! She was perfect in that area. So maybe that should be enough. I mean I wouldn't want them to replace her or anything because now she IS Rosalie. It is what it is. I can honestly get past the looks thing though becasue she does so such a great job.
ratedjw
Settled in Forks

Post by ratedjw »

I loved her in this movie... she is just hot!

I cant wait for the new movie “CHAIN LETTER”!!!!! with Nikki Reed, Keith David, Noah, Segan, Betsy Russell, Michael Bailey Smith, Clifton Powell and many others…..
It’s a tale of a maniac who targets teens when they fail to forward chain mail!
kimmyBEE
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by kimmyBEE »

littlelamb wrote:Don't get me wrong, Nikki Reed is pretty, especially with her natural dark hair but she was not a good a good Rosalie for me. In saying this I mean looks wise. Rosalie is supposed to be unbelievable beautiful and I think that Nikki has a more masculine harsh look to her face. I was picturing someone more soft and delicate. Perhaps even a bit angelic. Now in the actual character/attitude department, Nikki nailed it! She was perfect in that area. So maybe that should be enough. I mean I wouldn't want them to replace her or anything because now she IS Rosalie. It is what it is. I can honestly get past the looks thing though because she does so such a great job.
I so agree! At first I was apprehensive about Nikki being Rosalie. She's very pretty, but in a harsher and more symmetric way. I always pictured a cross of Jessica Stam and Freida Rose as Rosalie Hale. But Nikki did such a good job in the movie that now she IS the character. Now that I've seen some of her other work I really admire her acting skills. Can't wait for the Rose & Belle scene in Eclipse. It's going to be so REAL since Kristen and Nikki are basically "bffls". :)
Alice's Party Planning Committee: Bag Carrier
iamthevampiregirl
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by iamthevampiregirl »

I think that although Nikki is extremely goergeous, I wouldn't think of her as Rosalie. I imagined her hair much longer, and her makeup to look more natural looking. I also imagined her a LOT taller. (she barely clears Alice's head.)
Dazzled_by_Cullens
Touched By Cold Hands

Post by Dazzled_by_Cullens »

iamthevampiregirl wrote:I think that although Nikki is extremely goergeous, I wouldn't think of her as Rosalie. I imagined her hair much longer, and her makeup to look more natural looking. I also imagined her a LOT taller. (she barely clears Alice's head.)
I agree with you! But, I think that also has to do with the fact that Ashley Green is not 4'9' like Alice is supposed to be. So the height thing is kind of hard to look past. But yes, tall long blonde hair model is what I always saw too.
I left my heart on the Gen Y thread...I my LEXILY