Post by runswithwolves »

I think Katherine Heigl would have been a great Rosalie :D
J<3B ~I <3 Ian~I<3Peeta~Team Zane RIP~I<3Fang
Taylor's right bicep ~ http://www.teamtaycob.webs.com/
awesomejen1
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Re: Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Post by awesomejen1 »

I think it is really hard to live up to Rosalies beauty...It's like casting Helen of Troy! I think it is a little difficult because Rose is younger, and I feel like a lot of the "stunning" actresses are a little older...but that is me. I think Nikki will be fine, does her hair look the best, no...but she has such a small role that I don't think the focus was on her.
http://www.fanfiction.net/~awesomejen
Cool graphic stuff from MRK! Thanks!
wishiwasbella247
Settled in Forks

Post by wishiwasbella247 »

awesomejen1 wrote:I think it is really hard to live up to Rosalie's beauty...It's like casting Helen of Troy! I think it is a little difficult because Rose is younger, and I feel like a lot of the "stunning" actresses are a little older...but that is me. I think Nikki will be fine, does her hair look the best, no...but she has such a small role that I don't think the focus was on her.
You know what, I couldn't agree with you more.
But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die. Genesis 2:17
KaylaMarieBlack7
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by KaylaMarieBlack7 »

Before when I saw Nikki Reed withought the blond hair and was thinking that there was no way on Earth that she would be able to play someone who is suppose to be so beautiful. I mean Nikki is beautiful don't get me wrong, but they way Stephanie makes Rosalie sound in the movie, she should look more like a goddess. But THEN I saw how they put her in the make up and how her hair looks blond. I think that she makes a pretty good Rosalie.
I ♥ Jacob Black.
Ever since New Moon. =]
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

So is the hair a wig or is it dyed? It looks fake enough to be a wig...but I always thought it was dyed.
I think she should have gone with a darker blonde. The platinum colour doesn't suit her at all.
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

threethings
Phase Control Expert

Post by threethings »

moon.cherry.twilite wrote:So is the hair a wig or is it dyed? It looks fake enough to be a wig...but I always thought it was dyed.
I think she should have gone with a darker blonde. The platinum colour doesn't suit her at all.
It definitely looks fake enough to be a wig. It's so dry and almost . . . . . burnt to a crisp.
I thought it would be 'beautiful, wavy and silky" like beautiful hair is supposed to be.
■ E<3B ■ Banner Goddess ■ Taking Requests
ImageImage
switzgal
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by switzgal »

Yeah it's weird because the entire cast pretty much had to do something with their hair or wear a wig. Ashley had to wear a cropped wig. Taylor with a long hair wig. Kellan had to dye his hair brown (he's cuter with the blonde hair)
and Jasper had to go from brown to blonde.
I think I read somewhere that Kristen also had to put on a thicker wig in the back (I think it's attached with a headband) and Rob had to make his hair bronze reddish.

Oh and Peter Fascinelli(sp?) had to dye his hair blonde!!
WTF???
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

it's NOT a wig. she died it blonde. personally her hair is GORGEOUS. it's very silky and shiny. i don't get how it's "crispy dry"
WHAT more does she have to do. it's not really her fault. if you want to blame someone, blame the casting director. Nikki did her job, she's an actress. she auditioned, she got the role. is it her fault she got it, noooo? geez. you guys are really harsh on her. if you don't like her, well, whatever.
edwardISmine
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by edwardISmine »

I swear I read somewhere that Nikki was wearing a wig. oh well she may not be everyones Rosalie, but with all the depth of how Stephenie describes Rosalie's beauty I think they did a decent of in casting her.
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

edwardISmine wrote:I swear I read somewhere that Nikki was wearing a wig. oh well she may not be everyones Rosalie, but with all the depth of how Stephenie describes Rosalie's beauty I think they did a decent of in casting her.
yeah, she wore a wig for that 1st promotional picture. remember, the cullens standing in a V line. most of them there wore wings anyhow. but in the movie though, i am pretty sure that's her real hair.