Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Re: Nikki Reed as Rosalie

Post by annabelle »

Mrs Jasper Hale wrote:I was honestly kinda disappointed altogether. She didn't look NEARLY as beautiful as she was supposed to be. Probably because her hair is so dark and she is so TAN in real life, they had to work extra hard to get her to be vampirish. Well, her shoes were badass. And her best line HAD to be: "That's my monkey man. -smirk-" She did pull off the intimidating Rosalie attitude, though, in the scene where Esme says, "Here comes the human!" ( You know they HAD to be vampires then, because no normal mother says THAT! ) And she was just plain scary when she smashed that glass. I think she'll be good in the fourth movie.
THISTHISTHIS.

but esme was the one that said "get a whiff of that here comes the human"? because i swore i didn't see her mouth move and thought it was rosalie but then was like, would she say something like that?
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
CantBreathe
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by CantBreathe »

annabelle wrote:
Mrs Jasper Hale wrote:I was honestly kinda disappointed altogether. She didn't look NEARLY as beautiful as she was supposed to be. Probably because her hair is so dark and she is so TAN in real life, they had to work extra hard to get her to be vampirish. Well, her shoes were badass. And her best line HAD to be: "That's my monkey man. -smirk-" She did pull off the intimidating Rosalie attitude, though, in the scene where Esme says, "Here comes the human!" ( You know they HAD to be vampires then, because no normal mother says THAT! ) And she was just plain scary when she smashed that glass. I think she'll be good in the fourth movie.
THISTHISTHIS.

but esme was the one that said "get a whiff of that here comes the human"? because i swore i didn't see her mouth move and thought it was rosalie but then was like, would she say something like that?
Rosalie definitely said that. The camera was on Esme and you could see she wasn't speaking. Rosalie was off camera. I think she was being bitter/sarcastic when she made that comment.
~Sisterhood of the Traveling Book~ I left my heart on the Gen Y thread... my Lexily!
Kat.Flow
Wandering Through Town

Post by Kat.Flow »

At first I doubt of how her perfomance in the movie could be, but after seeing the movie I must say that she made one of the better performances, she made a really good job doing the 'mean girl' and not liking Bella.
annabelle
Learning to Love Green

Post by annabelle »

CantBreathe wrote:
annabelle wrote:
THISTHISTHIS.

Rosalie definitely said that. The camera was on Esme and you could see she wasn't speaking. Rosalie was off camera. I think she was being bitter/sarcastic when she made that comment.
oh okay. except i really didn't hear the sarcasm idk.
Rosalie’s been through a lot: losing her heartbeat, losing her faith in mankind, losing herself... but then she met Emmett and fell for him—the boy who gave her back her life.
fanfic: Blame The Beauty
beena
Settled in Forks

Post by beena »

Now that Catherine is out as director on NM, I think Rosalie needs to be recast. I am not a Nikki fan and the only reason she got the gig was because she is Hardwicke's pet. She does not fit the description of Rosalie at all!!!!! I vote for Laura Vandervoot!
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

beena wrote:Now that Catherine is out as director on NM, I think Rosalie needs to be recast. I am not a Nikki fan and the only reason she got the gig was because she is Hardwicke's pet. She does not fit the description of Rosalie at all!!!!! I vote for Laura Vandervoot!
I strongly disagree.

I defenitly wasn't sure when I first heard that Nikki would be Rosalie. Everything seemed wrong about that.
But after seeing the movie (multiple times) she is just the most perfect Rosalie you can catch. Ok, the looks might not be good, but everybody has their vision about that it's impossible do right for every single reader.
But now I do see Nikki is an amazing actrice. She captures Rosalies personality very well, and she is extremly convincing in her part.
Have you seen the movie already?

And an art director never gets sollo decision right on the cast. So nothing to do with being 'Hardwicke's pet'.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!
urcoolcarrie
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion

Post by urcoolcarrie »

^I agree. She plays the stubborn part extremely well, and I think she looks perfect for Rose. I just don't think you could get better than what Nikki has done.
And ya, I don't think she got cast because of Catherine. She had to audition just like everyone else, and got the part.
HR Manager of EDC::Proud Klutzer::Midnight Sun Virgin
foolinthemoon
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by foolinthemoon »

beena wrote:Now that Catherine is out as director on NM, I think Rosalie needs to be recast. I am not a Nikki fan and the only reason she got the gig was because she is Hardwicke's pet. She does not fit the description of Rosalie at all!!!!! I vote for Laura Vandervoot!

I'm afraid I have to disagree too, like Lieziewiezie and urcoolcarrie. I admit, when i first SAW her, she wasn't EXACTLY what i had in mind, but she brought Rosalie to life at full force. If she was replaced, I'd be EXTREMELY upset, because Nikki Reed made me LOVE rosalie's character. She was amazing, and no one could have done a better job! Not only that, she went through the biggest transformation for the character and she learned to play baseball left handed (or so I've read). She's dedicated!
Midnight Sun Virgin ~ E<3B ~ Marcus doesn't seem to care that I love him... <3
beena
Settled in Forks

Post by beena »

I have seen the movie numerous times. I agree she does have the nastiness of Rosalie down but she physically does not fit the part. The black roots just get me!
Lieziewiezie
Ignoring Renee's E-Mails

Post by Lieziewiezie »

Like I said previously. Physically everybody will picture Nikki differently, it's imposible to find the looks that go for everybody point of view. It's all about the acting and the actor being able to make you believe the character.
It's like Robert will never fitt my Edward at all, physically. But he played the part so extremly well I just can't make remarks. But he'll never be completly my Edward. But he makes the movie.
Thanks MRK for the banner!
Is a proud part of the Gen Y Lexily to escape reality!