Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen #2

Post by edward4ever »

ana; wrote: anyways, on a serious note.
i was just thinking about this on my birthday.

do you guys think humans are meant to love one person?
like it's our nature to be monogamous? (sp?).
and i'm not talking about cheating or the physical part, but it seems hard to love someone all your life and commit to that person.
this may sound like completely nonsense.
but, to me it seems just impossible to love just one person in your entire life.
i'm 18, it's young I know.. some of you are married.
but i'm like super scared to get married one day.
seeing how many divorces happen. maybe we are meant to spend our lives with more than just one person?
love dies so easily, you see couples who just stay together for the kids and stuff. but there are some lucky people who do find their lifetime partner, but it's not that common.

i don't know, i'm talking nonsense.
is just something that got me thinking so much this past week.
Ahhh, Happy Birthday Ana! Wow! That is deep, and No, it is not nonsense. It's a tough question to answer, though.
I know I have loved several men in my life (really loved 3), and I still love them, in a way. I think...no, I know that marriage is really really difficult. If you choose to commit to one person, that commitment is not supposed to stop just because that person is bugging you or seems to have changed. It is supposed to be a changing, growing, evolving love and it takes A LOT of hard work.
And, in a lot of marriages people give up too quickly because they don't want to go through the trouble of figuring it out. My husband and I have been married for 12 years, and we went through many many turbulent times! The last really bad time was 3 years ago and we had decided to split because we thought we were just too different from each other. We were living together but separate lives for several months and I was getting ready to move out and file for divorce and he started having second thoughts and we started talking and we set down ground rules for each other that we had to agree to if we were going to try again.
So, we both agreed to them and it's been pretty great ever since. We still have small troubles but we're able to talk about them more easily now and we are both able to stop in the middle of a disagreement and say "Wait a minute. This is not working, listen to what I'm saying". And the other one of us can step back and say "You know, you're right, I'm not treating you very fairly, I can see your point". It's very rare to find two people together who can do that, so I feel pretty special that I've got that now. I'm not saying it will always be like this, or that it will work in the long run, but I feel like it will.

Don't give up on marriage before you even marry. Just wait. Give it time. Enjoy your younger years without worrying so much about marriage. You'll know when it feels right. I can't stress enough though to find someone you can talk to. Really talk to. Someone that you know will listen to you. Communication is the absolute KEY to a good marriage, because ALL marriages are rocky, you just have to make sure you have a four wheel drive in the communications department that will get you over the rocky parts. :D
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
edward4ever

Post by edward4ever »

DarkMuse wrote:^^Yeah no kidding...where's chubby? I see no chubby. Lol. That guy is pretty hot. Yum.
:lol: HAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh Kristina! I read this post of yours before I saw you were talking about Ana's pic (no, Ana, I don't care which girl you are---you are not chubby!!), and I thought you were talking about something else...I looked at you signature and I'm like... :shock: "You can see his chubby? Where?! I don't see it!!! His hand's in the way!!! HAHAHAHA!! :lol:
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!
Location: The Brit's side...any and everywhere ;-) (Washington State)

Post by stellar87 »

edward4ever wrote:
DarkMuse wrote:^^Yeah no kidding...where's chubby? I see no chubby. Lol. That guy is pretty hot. Yum.
:lol: HAHAHAHAHA!!! Oh Kristina! I read this post of yours before I saw you were talking about Ana's pic (no, Ana, I don't care which girl you are---you are not chubby!!), and I thought you were talking about something else...I looked at you signature and I'm like... :shock: "You can see his chubby? Where?! I don't see it!!! His hand's in the way!!! HAHAHAHA!! :lol:
Oh wow...I just spit out my tea! Wow...yeah...that was awesome. Oh my.
ImageImage
Kristiner is the Rob to my TomStu. HA!
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

stellar87 wrote:Kristina, everytime I see your banner I want to lick my computer. He's so damn sexy! And I love that song too. :)

Edit - I've also noticed that it's amost time for a new Robert thread. Wow guys...we talk about him way too much. :P
Thanks Nikki! Same goes for yours. It's crackalicious :D And I was just about to mention it's almost time for Rob/Edward #3. Lol.

Here's a shout out to Jaime! Can't wait for you to come back. I miss the Jaime/Susan bantering. Lol. You girls crack me up and it's not the same without you!

Rob is scrumdiddlyumptious, btw. We do talk about him way too much. But that's ok cause we're all Rob's Crack heads. :lol:
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

wow pammy, that's great.
it makes me happy to see that there are some couples that really work hard for what they have and not give up so easily. it makes me see things different. (i was going to call you Patty for a second, like rob's dog, haha)

i guess in the end, we do love more than one person in our lifetime.
i remember when I fell in love 2 years ago, when it ended i felt like i was going to die.
some people say "oh the teenage love, blah", but i think that's the most passionate love ever.
you don't have so much responsabilities, you can be immature and get away with it,
you can just love that person with no worries, and completely devote yourself without being so serious.
when you get older you have to look for other things, family, commitment, economic-stabilty.
anyways. i'll stop.
i'm in this love mood today.
i don't know whats wrong with me.

ROB COME AND GIVE ME A HUG. NOW!
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!

Post by stellar87 »

Yes, yes, I miss Jaime too! Hurry and get back!

Okay, I'm off to bed. I'm sure all this Rob talk will come into play in my dreams at some point in the night. :P Love you guys. Goodnight all my fellow crackheads/Robaddicts!
ImageImage
edward4ever

Post by edward4ever »

Nikki! Haven't you learned by now that you shouldn't drink/eat anything around your computer when your conversing with crazy people gabbing about Rob and all his gloriousness!!?? There is bound to be something that will cause mouth/nose spewing!!

Umm, and we are here BECAUSE we want to talk about Rob, of course we're going to use up a lot of pages!! I think it's awesome that we are about to go to #3!!
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
DarkMuse
Acquiring a Taste for Mountain Lion
Location: In 'The Corner' of Rob's Halfway House mumbling about cookies and unicorns.

Post by DarkMuse »

stellar87 wrote:
edward4ever wrote:
Oh wow...I just spit out my tea! Wow...yeah...that was awesome. Oh my.
Sorry! I shoulda clarified that...oops! ROFL That is hilarious. And no Ana you are not chubby! You're really pretty :D
Rob's Halfway House Resident » Cullenist » HHBS Member » Monkey Junkie
╰☆╮ Nikki is the TomStu to my Rob ╰☆╮
stellar87
Completely Dazzled!

Post by stellar87 »

edward4ever wrote:Nikki! Haven't you learned by now that you shouldn't drink/eat anything around your computer when your conversing with crazy people gabbing about Rob and all his gloriousness!!?? There is bound to be something that will cause mouth/nose spewing!!

Umm, and we are here BECAUSE we want to talk about Rob, of course we're going to use up a lot of pages!! I think it's awesome that we are about to go to #3!!
I'm learning! haha And yay for on to #3! More Rob love!
ImageImage
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

edward4ever wrote:
WAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.

Oh my god,
my serious mode is long gone.

my water came out of my nose from reading that.
i was laughing so hard, i choked.

haha girls.
you are too sweet.
i was chubby indeed, but, well.
god sent me this amazing gift, puberty?
well.
it 's the best fat burner ever.