Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ziggy
Settled in Forks

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by ziggy »

ellybean wrote:Did anyone else picture Hayden [Christensen] as Edward?
I did. But I was never against Rob Pattinson playing Edward. Besides, I think that Rob fits Bella's 'beautiful boy' description better, even though Hayden has the tall, brooding look down to a science.

With that said, everytime I re-read the Twilight books, I always see Rob in my mind as Edward (except he speaks with that delicious Brit accent of his). ;) :P
betonalice
Settled in Forks

Post by betonalice »

by AgentCross on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:34 am
I'm really looking forward to hearing his version of the lullaby that he did on the spot during filming and apparently another song he wrote for it.
ABSOLUTELY!!!! I can't wait for that either!! He's an amazing musician.
Laura
Potterholic with Twilight Addiction--who says you can't love both?

Iris Messenger
Jump Starting Bella's Truck

Post by Iris Messenger »

haha, i definitely hope that even if they don't use the lullaby he composes in the movie, they'll at least release it online or something like that ...

i personally like Rob's music — i had a friend who said her mind translated the music into drunk wailing. lol ...
http://portabellaswan.wordpress.com/ <--- fanfiction/twilight blog
http://twilightirc.wordpress.com/ <--- twilight chat
click on banner for graphics gallery

banner and avatar made by me: i take requests
vm1221
Settled in Forks

Post by vm1221 »

Okay so I'm dividing my post in two parts.

Part 1, Stephenie Meyer is brilliant:
As we all know, Stephenie Meyer is brilliant. But this is relevent to the Robert Pattinson thread because I've come to realize that she never really gives Edward any specific physical traits in the book, apart from his generally coloring and his scrumptious figure. She describes him as - perfect. But really, what is perfect? Its so subjective! Which works sooo nicely when making a movie version of the book because as long the actor playing Edward is a good actor and as objectively beautiful as possible, the makeup will take care of the rest and it'll basically work.

Which brings me to Part 2, Robert Pattinson is Gorgeous:
Robert Pattinson is gorgeous.
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
Venecettia
Playing the Stockmarket with Alice

Post by Venecettia »

At first I didn't think it was th ebest idea, but when I saw the preview and all that, I warmed up to the idea. He, hopefully, will be a great Edward. He does look like what Edward would look like, so...
twiheartx
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by twiheartx »

at first.. i couldnt picture it. But then.. the more videos i watched and the more i read about him. i got used to the fact tthat he is playing Edward. It works.
Magical Almost.
mlola619
Fishing with Charlie

Post by mlola619 »

ziggy wrote:
ellybean wrote:Did anyone else picture Hayden [Christensen] as Edward?
I did. But I was never against Rob Pattinson playing Edward. Besides, I think that Rob fits Bella's 'beautiful boy' description better, even though Hayden has the tall, brooding look down to a science.

With that said, everytime I re-read the Twilight books, I always see Rob in my mind as Edward (except he speaks with that delicious Brit accent of his). ;) :P

Totally! i have a friend who saw Hayden as Edward- and for a minute i considered it, but couldn't really imagine him being Edward...i don't know for some reason it just didn't fit for me. Sure, Hayden's gorgeous, but it seems to me he doesn't really have that certain charisma that Edward has. As for Robert, he pulls it off perfectly

Not only that- but it's true, Edward's physical descriptions are from a matter of perspective---BELLA'S PERSPECTIVE. So in many ways, just cause she says he's beautiful doesn't mean he will be to everyone else; we all have our own opinions as to who is attractive/unattractive you know? That's also another reason why i hate talking to people who become arrogant and say "ROBERT'S NOT HOTT! UGH HE'S HORRIBLE!" because just cause someone says a guy is beautiful doesn't mean he is- it's all a matter of interpretation and opinion...
Cause I've been waiting for a miracle, and i'm not leaving...
vm1221
Settled in Forks

Post by vm1221 »

betonalice wrote:
by AgentCross on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:34 am
I'm really looking forward to hearing his version of the lullaby that he did on the spot during filming and apparently another song he wrote for it.
ABSOLUTELY!!!! I can't wait for that either!! He's an amazing musician.

Can anyone tell me where i can hear some of his music please?
Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?
cutesweetiezzz
Fishing with Charlie

Post by cutesweetiezzz »

At first I was a bit worried because I wasn't sure he was right for the role, but then I watched some of his stuff and he was pretty good. :D By the time the first official release clip of Twilight came out I love him!!! I thought he was perfect for Edward. Rob really understands the role of Edward and he's trying his best to interpret Edward the best way that he can.
Thank you Camille for making me this banner and being such an amazing friend and person. Love you. <3
kimmeygirl
Settled in Forks

Post by kimmeygirl »

To be honest, at first I hated him as Edward. I didn't think he was that hot. But now that I've been looking at interviews and tons of different pictures I realized that he is a great Edward. He is beautiful and he fits the description of Edward perfectly. I love love love his hair! It's crazy!

Oh. Has anyone else noticed that no one ever takes good pictures of him? He always looks like he's shocked lol.