Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
samajama
Finding Stuff in Billy's Trunk

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by samajama »

when i first heard that robert was playing edward i was like....ew. because i'd seen him play cedric. cedric was supposed to be *swoon* so hot, but i dont know.. i wasnt impressed. so i googled his picture again and i was completely shocked at how handsome i thought he was..and how perfect he was to play edward. dont mock-- but the shape of his face is exactly how i pictured edward and he gets the perfect little crooked/half smile just right. *swoon*, indeed. so im going to assume i was too immature to appreciate the true beauty of robert as cedric, haha.

i realize that that^ probably doesnt make much sense. sorry.
summary:
seeing robert as cedric diggory, eh. (years later + maturity) robert as edward cullen, *swooooooon* sooo incredibly handsome. :roll:
Team Edward Bringing sexy back since 1901. I'm on the ListV2 Sammy Whammy
Team "Screw you freaks; I want Ben!"...........Randomness Resident
LOVE MY TWINNIES: Mary and Shel <3
TeamCullen26
Settled in Forks

Post by TeamCullen26 »

I'm very happy with the choice of Rob for the part of Edward. My sister is still pretty skeptical, but I think he'll do a great job. I think he's got a great look going on, and I hope he'll be able to act the part well... ( but I really don't think that will be a problem).

On another note, I was watching GOF tonight and kept getting a goofy grin on my face everytime Cedric was in the scene. He's soo cute! :mrgreen:
Dirt Flavored Muffin
Settled in Forks

Post by Dirt Flavored Muffin »

When I first found that Rob was playing Edward, I didn't even know who he was. I'd only seen some of the promotional posters and from those I just kept thinking, "What?! EW. >__<" But, I'd seen him on youtube afterward and was utterly impressed. Rob is gorgeous if I do say myself. He's my perfect interpretation of Edward. Everything about him is so. . .Edward like. I have seen him play Cedric Diggory and I was NOT impressed. I hope he's a million times better as Edward. Acting wise anyway.
To love and be loved unconditionally; Isn't that everyone's dream?
coochariffic87
Settled in Forks

Post by coochariffic87 »

I've been pro-Robert Pattinson from the beginning. When reading the books, which I just did this summer, I really didn't even think about a movie version that much. I was just mesmerized by SM's writing. So when I finally got to thinking about the movie, which was probably while I wanted to drill a hole in my bed out of bordem during New Moon, I really liked the idea of him being Edward. I think the trailers look great with him, and I think he'll do a great job. The clips that I've seen from the MTV movie awards and the Penelope dvd looked great!
smalltowngirl
Settled in Forks

Post by smalltowngirl »

I'm sorry if this might not please some people, but after having read all four books now ( I don't put any spoilers here in case anybody hasn't finished it :) ), it is all the more difficult, almost impossible for me to imagine Robert as Edward. At first, I tried to imagine it and was like "Okay, guess he can make it", but now I'm not so sure about this anymore. I think he was a perfect Cedric, but EDWARD??
I still hope, though, that the movie proves the opposite when it finally comes in the movie theatres...
So let's wait and see! ;)
*Member of Team Edward*
*Twilight Riddler*

"There's no point to forever without you. I wouldn't want one day without you."
"Well, that's a relief."

Crooked_Rose
Buying a Better Raincoat

Post by Crooked_Rose »

When I heard he was going to be Edward, I freaked.

I thought he was hot when he was in Harry Potter...;D

Anyway, I had no preference on who to play Edward (because seriously, who is that beautiful?)

But I think Rob is pretty darn close to perfect. <3
Back to the Sun. Back to the shore. Back to what I was before.

*Under Construction*
G-Faerie08
Officially Bitten!

Post by G-Faerie08 »

You guys have had the upperhand by reading the books before any though of a movie was going to come out..With me, when I saw the Twilight sneak peek on my Penelope DVD and when I saw Robert, I was like "OMG I have to go read that book!!" Because I have loved Rob since HP and after a while, it kind of fizzled out...And when I was "reunited" with him again, it was like love at first site and the very next day I bought the first two books with my new giftcard for Borders..It was destiny :D

I honestly can't believe I turned Twilight down when it first came out. I was like, "That book looks so stupid. Who wants to read about a dumb girl who is in love about a vampire?"...says the girl who is now donning her Twilight t-shirt.. :lol:
sun
Settled in Forks

Post by sun »

The first time I saw the picture of the whole cast, I thought he wasn't right for it.
He wasn't just how I imagined Edward to be.

I wrote about it here in my blog. Also added some marketing lessons I learned from the book and the movie.
Please check it out it you're interested. Thank you.
http://myfriendsunjun.blogspot.com/2008 ... movie.html
dazzledby
Settled in Forks

Post by dazzledby »

I'm a big supporter of Rob as Edward. I think he won't let the attention and fame go to his head (as it doesn't seem to really excite him to be recognized while going about his daily life). I think it's kind of amusing how certain paparazzi have started paying more attention to him and photographing him going to clubs and what not now that there's been all the buzz about the movie..poor guy. Anyhow, thumbs up for Rob as Edward!
I think he will bring so much to the role in terms of his acting ability, without taking into consideration how lovely he is to look at.
credit: me!
Amethyst1
Completely Dazzled!

Post by Amethyst1 »

...he dazzles me
that just sums everything for me (not really but you know)
Robert is Edward. i remember hyperventlaiting when seeing the first cast pictures. i was just like thats....that's EDWARD!! and i was just awestruck. such and interesting face <333