Actor-based discussion regarding the Twilight Saga cast

Moderator: bac

Forum rules
Click for Forum Rules
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Re: Robert Pattinson as Edward Cullen

Post by ana; »

is hard to fill everyone's expectations.
i mean, we all had a different edward in our minds, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to find an "Edward".
he's not human, and he's incredibly gorgeous. it's hard.
what it's hot for you may not be hot for me? so you can't try to satisfy the fans all the time.

i think rob is perfect. he has this dangerous and misterious look that is so Edward.
of course, if you go and see him as Cedric Diggory, you'll never see him as Edward.
after everyone saw him in character, they were all pleased.

i never identified with bella, i'm not like her at all.
so, i can't really judge kristen.
but i fell inlove with their lovestory, which is how we all identify.
we all want to find "Edward" and have a Bella&Edward story.

pss, and even better if my Edward looks like Rob.

*goes to Youtube and watchs the Planet Hollywod clip again*

HAHAHA.
edward4ever
Helping Mike to Get a Clue

Post by edward4ever »

Plus, it also helps get him away from the Cedric Diggory thing if you listen to his music!! OMG!! Rob is soooo HOT and then the fact that he can sing... :shock: :oops:

AND he can sing the BLUES!! WOW!! That is sooo Edward to me, I don't know why!! I love all of his songs....Never Think, obviously...and Let Me Sign...but even Stray Dog, I'll Be Your Lover, Too and I Was Broken. Ohhhh Man!!! He is soooo sexy!!!!! :P

I have been listening JUST to those 5 songs for the past 4 days!!! I go to sleep with my iPod in my ears with those songs playing....I am totally obsessed with Rob Pattinson!!! :oops:
Edward's Honeymoon Night Extra
Honeymoon Night Extra
Two feather pillows--$75
One headboard--$220
Spending 17 days alone on Isle Esme with Edward Cullen--PRICELESS!
spookybell
Part of Carlisle's Clan

Post by spookybell »

lynzeee... I can not fight my inner fan girl either. It was born in me. I have always been this way LOL. I love him too. Try hard Lynz... try hard... think Rob gets nervous and uncomfortable when girls are screaming. I so NEVER had that issue when meeting people. It's hard for me to always act adult... it's easy to make an effort not to look like an a$$. Sorry - I feel strongly about that. Think... I want him to look at me in a sexy way... not a terrified way.

thanks for the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXKrDaW_Lew link - I enjoyed! i wonder if Kristen ever got nervous... I wonder if she thought... dang he is hot... or if he was just a guy to her.

Rebeccacullen - I agree that Rob looks better now... he is older, more mature. He was cute as Cedric, I remember thinking that. I had no inkiling that he'd be a future obsession. I wish I could meet him too. I am living vicariously through others, thanks to the internet!

I can not wait or the stinking EW to hit the shelves. I have been to 3 stores already.

I love this as I've taken exerpts of Rob worshiping.
He's so precious. And by precious, I mean hot.
And by hot, you mean OMG SEXY BEAST OF A MAN.
right?
Exactly.
Just making sure!
HOLY........................... FREAKIN............................ MOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
he IS sexy.
yeah im a clean freak but there is something about rob that makes me dirty....
Rob is the Hotness Monster.

jlbower79... I don't think Rob is shy either. I think he is incredibly uncomfortable.
Thank you for the Planet Hollywood video clip of rob... I had not yet seen it. The hand prints is funny. The cement or plaster must have been to dry to leave a print... I think everyone was going red LOL... the screaming... oh my ears. I wonder what Rob thought... I wonder if he thought it was funny, because he did it a few times. I think he knew EXACTLY what he was doing. I know what all the girls and gay men who love rob were thinking... even some of the straight men...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdz8SRq_dXU
I am traumatized for him at the overwhelming screaming and flash bulbs. I'd be right there with them taking pictures, but oh my gosh I feel so bad for Rob - I would be scared for my life.... really.
Also... the girls won't stop screaming and no one can hear him. that is so rude.

I wonder what Rob is like as a real person. I don't think we have even had a glimpse of the real Rob.

I think about Rob way too much. (I know I am not alone) and NO I never felt anything but lust for Rob's casting as Edward. Oh yeah I did... Love, adoration, obsession, an imprinting kinda pull. I was shocked that I read - "how could they cast such a troll like Robert Pattinson..." and I was like ? :shock: :shock: :?: :shock: I mean - I can't wrap my mind around that statement. Even for a person who does not find Rob to be their type... a troll??? What? Come on! I wish I remember where I read that.
Sometimes I am not satisfied with my signature!
RebeccaCullen
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by RebeccaCullen »

Well, this is interesting, the first movie I saw when I first moved here to Edmonton was Goblet of Fire with him in it, and it only seems fitting that the first movie I see as a college student is one with him in it. IMO, he looks so much better now then when he did Goblet.

I use three binders at school, two of them are occupied with pictures of another actor, but the one that was empty looked so sad. I wanted something nice to look at during class when I started to get bored, so now Rob is going to grace the cover of the binder. Eh, my class mates may think I'm insane, but I've never really cared what they thought.
spookybell wrote: Rebeccacullen - I agree that Rob looks better now... he is older, more mature. He was cute as Cedric, I remember thinking that. I had no inkiling that he'd be a future obsession. I wish I could meet him too. I am living vicariously through others, thanks to the internet!
I know. I know. I wanna meet him too, but unless he comes to Edmonton there's a fat chance I'll ever meet him.
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

someonee got a haircut.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v611/ ... 2a_jpg.jpg

he looks good!

-edit-
changed link.
Last edited by ana; on Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estrie
Settled in Forks

Post by Estrie »

Thank you for the Planet Hollywood video clip
I really don't understand the girls screaming on the video. I mean, If I had the chance to meet Robert I would listen carefully to every word he says...
Poor rob, I'm pretty sure he couldn't hear anyting after all that noise. He seems so patient...Good thing for him because I would just leave.
By the way, I feel ashamed because I thought the same thing about the table.
I was like "wht is he doing with this table ???"
Get out of my body nasty girl !!
moon.cherry.twilite
Hiding Lauren's Hair Dye

Post by moon.cherry.twilite »

I just read the new EW interview with Rob, and as awesome and dazzling as I think he is, he said f--- like, three times. I mean, sure he's stressed and all but hello?? Potty mouth much??
Kristen said in her interview that when she played Bella she was pretty much playing herself. I'm not too sure what that's supposed to mean but "uh oh.." keeps running through my mind...
OMDE= Oh My Dazzling Edward
OMHJ= Oh My Hot Jacob
GO HERE: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4364852/1/Y ... h_Twilight

jlbower79
Tantalizing Men With Rosalie

Post by jlbower79 »

the EW article is very much how I imagined Robs personality... I love that he cusses because I got a bad tongue myself... and it's very hard to break. When I met Mike Piece from HOW2BE he said the 'F' word like 3 times to me during our conversation and I was just laughing because I dont know why but I thought it was cute.

I really don't think his agency is preparing him well... he shouldn't be driving around by himself in something that may or may not be drive-able. (i mean seriously, it's going to get dangerous)

When we talked to him at the HOW2BE showing he said he was glad he had us to talk to because his radio wasn't working in his car (he was stuck in traffic in LA) so that's funny he mentions that then because that's right when the interview was taking... because Kristen was in New Orleans too while i was there.

Something about Rob does bother me and not that what I think even matters but I'm going to share it with ya'll.... Rob seems to be a bit to hard on himself, I mean he said he has a bad habit of blowing his money but he won't buy a new car? So why not get someone to take care of your money... I mean I know he's young and all but he's allowing himself to be thrown out to the wolves and I would hate for him to go to the dark side of celebrity life. His momma needs to move in with him. Everyone knows guy's can't do without their momma's til the age of 30. He doesn't even know how to use a washing machine... tsk! I hope Rob stays grounded and Im so glad he has someone like Kristen there because she sure does seem grounded and since he ogles her maybe he'll be ok....

That interview rocked though... I loved when he told the interviewer "if we crash dont print it" or whatever.. and about the red light on the dash wasn't dangerous - don't worry. Because obviously Rob knows cars? haha! Loved it.

Jaime
is CRYING over her "Doesn't anyone ♥ ME?" button.
OFFICIAL ROBNAPPER *DRIVER*
soozabooza54
Frozen in Time

Post by soozabooza54 »

I love that Rob swears. Because I swear. And most boys his age do. I really like that he doesn't censor himself - it lends credit to my theory that he's not going to turn into a ginormous a-hole because of this whole fame thing. :)

And oooooh cut hairs! Me likey!
E<3B
My pop culture blog - check it out! - http://asyetuntitled1.blogspot.com/
ana;
Hanging Up on Jessica

Post by ana; »

that EW interview was a depth-in look of his life.

he's not your average 22 year old boy i must say.
he's really careless, and it looks like he's into acting more because he enjoy its, rather than for the money.
he's always doing indie films, and those are never super high paychecks.

i'm guessing that when he moved to the states he didn't expected to stay so much.
they never imagined twilight was going to be such a hit, and knowing his character he probably was like:
"i don't need a fancy car if i'm staying for a few months", i think?

i also think that not everything he says it's entirely true.
like he wants to look like this careless guy, who "doesn't wash his hair", "doesn't know how to wash his clothes".
but I bet he does. that's just who he is I guess, i look at him kind of like this bohemian kid, that cares about his music and acting, and nothing else.